This whole week has been World Mental Health week and I am so happy to see so many people sharing their experiences and their help and their solutions…But mostly importantly….We’ve shared loved together…and how rare is that these days!
So I wanted to share with you a video in tribute to the one and only Robin Williams…He was always very honest with his struggles and I am actually writing a post at the moment about this show called “Autopsy” and they look at what happened to Robin Williams…What he was going through…He was the last person on this earth who deserved to go through what he went through.
Now having him a mental health hero has caused a lot of controversy because…well he died…BUT! When you know what was going on with him…Too me he still is a Hero…I still miss him…
40. Your Greatest Accomplishment
Wow, this is hard one to think of, without sounding completely “up myself”. I think the greatest accomplishment is something that my brother actually said too me. I have a big heart and that seems a little in short supply these days. I think I was also very much brought to tears when my brother wrote it as well.
It’s not that we’re not close or don’t love each other, but we don’t usually…but we are totally “cool” with each other. I know that it meant something when he said it. Too me that is a huge accomplishment to have a good relationship with my brother. You see, if you knew my Dad’s side, they either all hate each other or they just don’t talk to one another.
So to have a normal type relationship with my brother feels like a really huge thing. In all honesty it feels like if you’ve got a family that not only can tolerate each other differences, but genuinely love each other too…That is just huge! I know how huge that is.
This is so funny, I was going to write about something completely different,lol
Miss you Tom Petty! I know he has his own songs that he is very well known for but this was a super band and I just love them all…If feel like if Roy had lived, (and George…favourite Beatle) this band would have just been amazing!
Uploaded by: OfficialWilburyVEVO
Published on May 20, 2016
Music video by The Traveling Wilburys performing End Of The Line. (C) 2007 T. Wilbury Limited. Exclusively Licensed to Concord Music Group, Inc.
38. Your favourite music
I am definitely one of those annoying people who pretty much likes all the music…
Except for heavy death screaming metal…
What I love the most about music is that it can change your mood, you can switch yourself out of a mood or keep staying in a mood, just based on the music you listen too. I am sure that you have people out there who probably don’t even like music. For me though there have been times in my life where I feel like music as literally saved my life and has stopped me from making terrible mistakes.
There was no way that today of all days I was not going to write something about such an important topic!
World Rhino Day
World Rhino Day – Taronga Zoo Sydney
Rhino’s are probably one of the earths large animals that are being hunted into extinction.
World Rhino Day was first planned by World Wildlife Fund-South Africa in 2010. Then, in 2011, Lisa Jane Campbell of Zimbabwe and Rhishja Larson joined forces to promote World Rhino Day 2011.
- There are all five species of rhino: black, white, greater one-horned rhinos, Javan and Sumatran. All Rhinoceros are herbivores, meaning that they only consume plants, and lots of them.
- The Black, Javan and Sumatran Rhinoceros species are listed as critically Endangered, meaning that they have a 50% change of extinction within 3 generations.
Last week I made a post about my first month of goals for myself that I was going to achieve by the end of September. Then over the weekend I had a lot of things happen in the space of 48 hours. Mainly the big one my Dad was unexpectedly taken to hospital. I mean REALLY unexpected. He was visiting his GP then the next thing he was taken to hospital. They think that he had a mini heart attack. He is alright now, but it was scary!
It seems to have been that around birthdays this year, everyone has gotten seriously ill.
- Two parties – One 30th and another 60th, both had a heart attack within the week of their birthday.
- One 70th had a stroke.
- Someone I know who is only 32 has cancer
So as you can imagine then my health has become a main priority. Too get myself checked out and see what I need to do. I have decided to make posts with different goals, rather than my regulars one from earlier this week. I guess you might want to look at them as both a mental health post and a physical health post.
- Three pieces of fresh fruit a week…I know this sounds shocking, since you’re supposed to have some every day. With so many food options out there, it just seems quiet easy to just not eat fruit.
- Once a week I will make a meal from scratch – This one should be interesting!
- Three times a walk a 15 minute walk. One at my partners house and two at my house.
- Half an hour with the “Fitness Marshall” twice a week. Check him out!
- Drink one cup of water a day. This is another thing that has shocked me, how little water I drink as well!
There is a Simpson quote for everything!