Usually on a Thursday I do Cee’s Photography “Share Your World” Unfortunately Cee has been having trouble with her internet. So she’s had to rehash the questions she used from last week for this week as well. You can find the questions here though, if you’d like to give them a go.
Which means that I am going with something a little different this Thursday instead. I’m trying to keep positive in these last couple of weeks of the year. What I’d like to so is write about 5 of my favourite things. I was trying to find one of those “Get to know me” type, but I just wasn’t “feeling them” if that makes senses? So let’s talk about things us happy, but also why they do.
I’d also like to talk and share about things that make us happy, that people may not see coming! Let’s get to know the world a little bit more. Let’s mix it up a little bit! Feel free to tag me if you decide to do this or just write in the comments! I want to make these last two weeks of the holidays so happy.
Well not *that* Mix…I love their songs though!
- Favourite combination of foods: I LOVE…Absolutely love, especially and mainly only during Winter and before you ask or wonder, it is probably incredibly unhealthy (I don’t want to know) I love mixing two minute noodles (chicken flavoured of course) and mac’and cheese…It is SO yummy! Also full of the much comfort.
- Your favourite YouTube Channel…If you don’t watch YouTube…What is your favourite television show?: Mine has changed over the years, obviously. At the moment though my favourite YouTube channel to watch is “Simon’s Cat”.
- Your favourite movie right now: Right now it is Ferdinand…The Bull. I think because of my star sign (I’m a Taurus) I love Bulls. It’s just an adorable film and I would highly recommend it! Espeically over the holidays.
- What is your favourite song right now?: I am really into Celtic music right now. One of the songs that I have on repeat is by “The Celtic Woman” and it’s called (let’s see if I can write this right) Teir Abhaile Riu.
- If you like to make food, what is your favourite food to make? If you don’t really making food, what is your favourite food?: There are these biscuits that I love to make. I always follow the recipes and then I make heaps of them and they all get eaten! Fudgy-wudgy chocolate cookies
Feel free to tag me if you decide to do this or just write in the comments! I want to make these last two weeks of the holidays so happy.
Hello all and thank you for coming to check out this post all about advice for creating or running your own book blog. I have seen a lot of bloggers successfully approach this subject so I thought I would throw a few of my own tips into the ring. Book blogging is such a rewarding […]
via Things To Consider When Starting A Book Blog #Reviews #Ideas #HaveFun — Always Trust In Books
*I felt like this was too good not to share! (Is that the right way around?) Anyways…I felt it was good to share, especially as we head towards more rapidly a new year. Time for changes, maybe you want to see where else you can take your Blog? Some excellent ideas!*
49. Things you like about Winter
Even though it’s Summer here, it still actually feels like Winter is here still. It was literally reported on the news that over the pass week, at the start of the week. That there was going to be 3 months of rain in three days and it has most have definitely felt like it!
I am also not really a big “Winter” person, I tend to get very miserable and not being able to just head out when I want too can be frustrating (but this can also happen in Summer, just with a little heat). I find it can also be easier to cool down, then to warm up. Nothing to seems to ache in Spring/Summer either.
However, there are a few things that I do enjoy about Winter:
- Having a hot drink, especially on a cold, rainy night. I like to just hold it in my hands.
- It’s more of an excuse for cuddling!
- Those long hot showers and baths.
- I look good in a coat!
- Wrap yourself up in bed with a good book!
Share Your World, December 4, 2017
What household chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Oh I know straight away which chores I hate doing! I hate doing the dishes, I hate doing either the cleaning/wiping and the drying. I am just so thankful that we have dishwashers these days. When you have to hand wash, it just takes forever and in the past, a lot of the times I used to get a bad back from doing it.
At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Actually it’s been quiet recently. I’ve been making Christmas Cards for people this year, instead of just buying them. It’s weird just, very much, sitting solitary, but doing crafts, I have really been enjoying it. Probably because it’s calming my brain doing and focusing on something not “anxiety” related.
How many times have you moved in the last ten years?
I haven’t really moved anywhere, but I did stay in America for a while on and off over 3 years and that was probably where I learnt a lot of my independent ways. I learnt how to cook, how to clean trick and bits.
What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
It’s almost Christmas time!!!! So you may see a *theme* here
- Christmas Cards to be out by the 9th of December (nearly wrote 9th of Christmas!)
- ALL Gifts to be bought by 23rd…I am NOT going out on the 24th.
- All food to be bought by the 23rd.
- I am currently reading a couple of different books at the moment and I would really love to write a review of the book “Small Great Things” by Jodi Picoult by the end of December.
- Handcraft Christmas Cards for at least family and immediate friends, to then be posted on Card Day in December (9th of December)
I have got all the materials all together and I am currently in the process of making them. I will take some photos of them to share with you all!
- By mid-November I will have determined who I have presents for and what I have left to get.
Yes! I went through my box of Christmas presents and determined how many presents I have for who and how many. From there I know who I’ve got left and luckily with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, I was able to get a couple more. I’m at least 3/4 quarters done, which is good!
- I am currently reading Cassandra Clare’s “Lady Midnight” The Dark Artifices, Book one and then write a review about it…Good or Bad…I’ve been wanting to start reading this series for a long time and I finally got my hands on the first book.
This has been done! You can view my review for it here…
48. Your Job
I have two jobs at the moment, I work as a casual at both places. I am actually looking to get a more permanent position, I can go a couple of weeks without any work…Which is not where I want to be. However being a casual has a couple of perks and you mainly make more money (when you get the work). So I have had to become a really good saver. I can also say no to work as well. If something happens, that I don’t have to work (but I don’t get paid if I don’t work).
I have taken the last couple of weeks to help recuperate and I feel like I’m getting stronger, so I’ve asked to go back. So far, they don’t really have any shifts for me. Which is a little frustrating, I want to get back into everything. Get back into a routine again. Work is good in that it gives you something else to think about. Instead of staying at home and going through a morning routine and then nothing else to think about for the rest of the day. There have been a few times in life where I’ve appreciated having work to go to instead of hanging around all day and thinking.
But you have to get the right job for you
Working in the Library is something that I’ve wanted to do for years and I am so happy to finally be apart of it. It’s taken me about two years to get that first foot and sometimes, that’s what you need!