It’s been just a little over a month since I’ve started taking my anxiety medications and there are some things that I have learnt over that time…I have learnt a lot! Mainly about myself, but I wanted to share my experiences with you and maybe we could learn together!
- Coffee – I loved coffee but oh my goodness! I stopped having it for a while and I went to have a cup recently and “Oh my Goodness” You can feel how your mind becomes messed with up coffee, especially when you haven’t had it for a while. It’s almost like being on a low dosed mind altering drug.
- Eating well – I have been a LOT better lately and I have actually been losing weight. It’s been amazing! I feel when I eat a lot of bad food I just feel sick. Probably something to do with what is altering my mind to suffer from less anxiety can’t cope with bad food very well. It needs nutrients!
- Activity – I guess because mine isn’t a social anxiety, I have been trying to do a lot more things. So I’ve been doing a lot more things, so I’m not thinking about anxiety all the time.
- Saying all that as well – I’ve been finding on how I’m feeling that there are certain things I just cannot watch anymore. For the moment, if I see a program regarding mental health I have to be really carefully about not setting myself off.
- Yourself – Sometimes it can feel very lonely to be going through this. What I’ve learnt is that even people who say “get over it” Do want too help. They just don’t understand. I’ve learnt to speak more up for myself.
- Relaxation – I am natural worrier, it’s the hardest thing in my life to just “relax” and not worry. This is my hardest lesson. It’s also though how I am trying the hardest in my life to just “relax”. I feel if I could truly learn to do this, my anxiety would just ‘go away’. When I start to feel a bit anxious, I like to sing a song in my head and just repeat. While I find something to occupy my mind with.
2 thoughts on “What I’ve learnt”
Hey, that’s awesome that you feel better. I’ve found doing some of these things help my anxiety as well. I hope things keep looking up for you.
LikeLiked by 1 person