Anyone else shocked by this?
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody named most streamed song of 20th Century – Nine Celebrity
Other things I have not been shocked by in 2018:
- Trump taking responsibility for nothing, while saying he would.
- JKRowling breaking down tweets, tweeting Gospel, while still being problematic. She was having a go at Jeremy Corbyn for being “anti-semantic”While she has Goblins running banks. Which is exactly what people like the Nazi’s used to portray Jewish people as Goblins, taking people’s money. I don’t think she’s actually anti-Semitic, but I think she’s ignorant to a LOT of things. That she cannot see the irony in a lot of things that she says and writes.
- Speaking of which – Johnny Depp “stans” defending that they don’t like him because of his looks. Going on about how about Amber Heard was arrested for assaulting her ex. While her ex says herself it was a wrongful arrest. Oh yeah, you do!
- Pro-“lifers” being more “pro-fetus”, than actual life.
- Trump Christian supporters…Not being actual Christian-like.
- Trump taking away protections for endangered animals.
- Panda’s numbers going up, after being looked after…You know, not killed. Actual conservation. None of this “We hunt to conserve”.
- People who bit$h about others, bitching about me all over their Facebooks *rolls eyes* If they talk about others like that behind their backs, what makes you think they’re not doing it to you?
- CK Louis and his most recent “jokes”.
So this year I wanted to get down what I’ve learnt and what I hope to achieve next year and what I achieved this year. Let’s do this! Please feel free to share with us anything about this year! I went with 19 initially because we are going from 2018 to 2019. This is actually what I have posted on my personal Facebook as well as reflecting on the year a bit. I just wasn’t sure that you’d all be interested in that.
19 Things that make me happy to be alive.
I saw this on a Blog that I enjoy reading and I thought it was a fantastic idea! I went with 19 because we’re heading into 2019. Instead of a get to know me type list, or a goals list. Last year I thought I was going to die and I didn’t, but it’s the closest I’ve felt like I’ve come to it. Instead of getting to know me, how about the things and people that make me happy to be alive.
- That I am still alive to make the choice to walk away and/or stay ❤
- Music…Some people pray to God, I pray to Music.
- When you are reading a new book from a new author and you love it and you don’t want to stop reading it.
- I have been reading classic novels and have read a huge amount of the Agatha Christie books this year, instead of just watching the movies and the tv shows. I love them! When you read the books, you realise WHY the author is a classic author. If you do want to follow me, I’m on Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24833271-lauren
- The people in my life right now. When I think about it, the most toxic people are gone. Any doubts I have had about myself, have come from myself and not someone from the outside. Which I can’t even begin to explain how new that is to me. Or how freeing it is.
- Nature…Have you ever just sat outside and just looked up? Have you ever just gone for a walk in it, just to go for a walk in it? Have you just sat and listened to the birds?
- Food…Freaking food man…It’s the best!
- When the shower is that “perfect” temperature…You all know what I’M TALKIN’ BOUT!
- That I got to live in the generation who were able to really appreciate the awesome of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- Finding that even if you can’t get your dream or perfect job, as long as you like the people you work with. It doesn’t matter.
- Animals – Just am thankful that I get to live in a world with them, and hope to continue so! Except Mosquitos, lol
- My health…I may have Anxiety, but overall it’s made me go and get my entire health checked out. My cholesterol was a little high at the beginning of the year and now it’s good again. If it wasn’t for my anxiety, I would have never have gone and got it checked.
- Just being a kind person. I’m starting to realise, how little people are kind these days. Just simple acknowledgements of other people’s existence. It’s such a simple, but vital quality to have!
- Although I may not drive yet, and I’m not rich. I love being able to visit, pretty much, all over the country and see what a beautiful country I live in.
- During my time on medication and not being able to drink, I’m still a lot of fun when I’m sober, lol.
- I really love the Internet, for one major reason. It means I can watch live feeds. I can watch safari live, I can watch my friends on Twitch. Its part of the reason I love being alive, right this moment!
- That when I want, I can just turn off the Internet, into the arms of loving people.
- That we have the resources to take better care of ourselves, and each other. We have a good understanding of what we need to take care of ourselves, we live in a wonderful age.
- I’m thankful for the people who’ve attacked me and hated on me. They are the ones who make me realise how happy and how lucky I am.
I believe I’m loved when I’m completely by myself alone
The dates and details are still being decided, but a virtual book fair for authors is now in the works, it will be sometime towards the beginning of next year. The idea is for authors to present their book(s) to a large audience of readers. Sound like a good idea? Share some feedback in the […]
via Coming Soon – 2019 Book Exhibition For Authors — Pencliff
I found a link though to find out a bit more about it if you are considering a move in the near future (Over 100,000 people have signed up to move/colonize Mars 2022!)
For those not interested I have posted a link to Google Mars…Well a bit of it anyways. Whose in?!
Molly Marcelle – Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Thank you so much to the lovely Molly Marcelle for this tag. If you are interested in reading a good Blog, with a book theme and a wide variety, please check her out! You will not regret it!
Thank you as well to Okoto for creating this Award.
Three Things about Myself:
- I have a shoe box full of things that when I’m down, I’ll play with. It wasn’t until recently that I realised that the shoe box is called “Therapy”lol.
- There are two movies since I can remember that I watch at least once a year “The Red Shoes” and “The Beatrix Potter Ballet” film.
- I want to foster animals…If I ever win the lottery I will open up my own animal foster care centre.
My Best Posts:
Happy Birthday Baby brother!
I can’t keep Calm! =D
- Do you have any favourite festive reads? if so, what are they?
I don’t really have any festive reads that I read around this time of year, but there are a lot of Christmas specials on the television that I like to watch. I don’t think that they even had them played last year.
- Who is your all time favourite book character?
Oh wow, I don’t think that I even have one character that I can think of. There are just way to many for me to pick one. I guess the first person I thought of was Arwen from LotR, both books and films. She is everything I aspire to be.
- Are you planning on posting Christmassy content in December?
Possibly…I’m not sure yet. I want to post happy and motivating posts in the last couple of weeks. I enjoy New Years, but I feel like renewing is more around the time of your birthday than actual New Years (except of course if New Years IS your birthday).
- What is the one book you would recommend to anyone?
I’ve only read this year, but I would highly recommend “Circe” by Madeline Miller. It is fantastic! Even though I’ve already read it, I have actually asked for it, for Christmas as well.
- Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Only really have a couple. We usually put our Christmas tree up on the 1st of December, but take it down 12 days after Christmas. The other one we have is, the adults on our Mums side do a secret Santa, we wrap the presents in newspaper. Helps keep it more secret, but my Grandfather actually started it when he though it was a waste of money to wrap it paper that you just chuck out.
My Namaste 365 Online
Sparks from a Combustible Mind
Reading Through Infinity
How My Heart Speaks
- What traditions do you have during this time of year? Doesn’t have to be a Christmas tradition.
- Is there something else you’d like to do with your Blog? Do you wish you could a podcast or something similar to go with it?
- Do you have someone, not idolise, but wish you were more like? When you were younger was there someone or something you wanted to be when you grew up?
- What are you most looking forward too…Whenever?
- If you could choose a world, from a book, to live in…Which book world would it be?
I just wanted to start off with saying that Life Beyond Imagination is a fantastic blog and you should all read them.
Seven Centres – Chakras
I have been brought up, very much with the Chakras, I can’t remember a time when I was not learning about them. I see colours sometimes and instantly think to myself “Oh yes, I need to work on that area”. The energies can move from one chakra to the other, depending on what is going on with yourself.
Chakras, like everything human beings have gotten their hands on, have been misinterpreted over the years. So sometimes, especially with the wording for each Chakra, it can get confusing. There are seven Chakras:
- The Root Chakra
- The Sacral Chakra
- The Solar Plexus Chakra
- The Heart Chakra
- The Throat Chakra
- The 3rd Eye Chakra
- The Crown Chakra
The Sacral and the Solar Plexus Chakra’s and the 3rd Eye Chakra are the ones they get regularly confused and mocked. Generally the Sacral and the Solar get mocked because usually all people think of is s-e-x =P However, what these Chakra’s are supposed to represent are the very roots and basics of who you are as a human being. Hence, why they are at the bottom of the Chakra table. These two represent the what you enjoy in life, which doesn’t necessarily have to be about sex. What gives you creativity, what gives you inspiration.
The Solar Plexus is where one gets there “gut feelings” from. Of course with the 3rd Eye Chakra people think an actual third eye pops out from the middle of your head, which of course is not the case. It’s suppose to represent being able to “see” beyond the usual 5 senses, so giving your psychic senses/energy an outlet.