- They USED to give pregnant women ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy).
- If you’ve never heard of Dolly Oesterreich, look her up!
- Daisies are actually closely related to artichokes, and they’re a great source of vitamin C. They’re known to slow bleeding, relieve indigestion, and soothe coughs.
- Watching a medical show, did you know in a heart transplant, the old heart will still beat out of the body for a time.
- You have pretty much as many guns as you want, In Texas. But legally, you’re only allowed to have 6 “sex toys”.
- Empress Sissi
- How Jesus’s disciples died, and I think Jesus got it the easiest.
- I did not know that Australia share’s their water bombing helicopters/planes, with California!
- The electric chair, was invented, by a dentist.
- Not something I “learnt”, but rather something I learned about – https://au.yahoo.com/news/scientists-exciting-breakthrough-amelia-earhart-065623255.html
- The Supreme Court DO NOT, even have a code of ethics.
- If I put the shampoo and the conditioner in my hair at the same time, I cut my shower in half =D Instead of shampoo in for five minutes, rinse. Conditioner,5 minutes, rinse. Do it at the same time!
- I adore my friendships with my ex’s. I feel like if you’ve ended up in an ex relationships, because it just wasn’t working. Treasure those friendships. They’re unusual friendships, because of the romantic past, you know things about each other and have been through some things together. You know where you’re both coming from.
- I learnt about ‘Impostor Syndrome’ this year. Not for myself, but it really did come up a lot this year.
- Halal Birds are actually killed kinder than Westerners. The birds are not allowed to see the knife/blade, they sharpen it every time and they say a pray. Whereas Westerners don’t say a pray, grab them by their legs, don’t care if they see the blade.
- How someone can know you for your entire life, but not know you.
- Sometimes blocking people is the most grown up thing to do.
- How much I know more about America than some Americans,lol.
- I think chamomile tablets actually seem to work for me.
- Love on the Spectrum is the best television show, if you can, check it out!
- Creole means – are ethnic groups which originated during the colonial era from racial mixing mainly between Africans as well as some other people born in the colonies, such as Europeans and sometimes South Asian and Native American peoples; … Go Beyonce!
- Handwriting these days it’s extremely hard to do when you can’t even remember that last time you wrote a letter.
- There’s this thing where people crack open a little bit of beer, and put the can in a chickens bottom! It’s a good marination, apparently.
- Christmas Beetles…Fly! I had no idea!lol
- I love how some songs you find can relate to all sorts of relationships, not just romantic
Uploaded by: Selena Gomez
The post that I made yesterday, I was going to post it today instead. I’m not exactly sure how I got them confused, but this felt like an appropriate Blog to write. It was an odd weekend, I actually woke up with a headache this morning. I very rarely get headaches.
So this weekend, I learnt:
That Folau is an idiot and no one should have ever listened to him to begin with. You know what irritates me about what Folau said…Other than everything? Australia legalised same sex marriage two years ago…Isn’t it more likely God is angry that we keep voting climate change deniers to lead? When they destroy the Earth that God created? Leaders who bully teenage kids who want just want to save the planet that God created? I mean common sense says, that’s more likely? If God is everywhere and sees everything…Why not two years ago? Is that because #lovewins but destroying the planet for money, isn’t love?
Saying that we should pay not pay anymore attention to Kanye West either. Just another “False Christian”.
That apparently there is a research topic going on as to why Trump supporters have no problem with Trumps lying. Let’s be honest, has there ever been a leader like Trump before? Whose such a pathological liar? : LAMag – Trump Lies Research
What did you learn over the weekend?
It’s been just a little over a month since I’ve started taking my anxiety medications and there are some things that I have learnt over that time…I have learnt a lot! Mainly about myself, but I wanted to share my experiences with you and maybe we could learn together!
- Coffee – I loved coffee but oh my goodness! I stopped having it for a while and I went to have a cup recently and “Oh my Goodness” You can feel how your mind becomes messed with up coffee, especially when you haven’t had it for a while. It’s almost like being on a low dosed mind altering drug.
- Eating well – I have been a LOT better lately and I have actually been losing weight. It’s been amazing! I feel when I eat a lot of bad food I just feel sick. Probably something to do with what is altering my mind to suffer from less anxiety can’t cope with bad food very well. It needs nutrients!
- Activity – I guess because mine isn’t a social anxiety, I have been trying to do a lot more things. So I’ve been doing a lot more things, so I’m not thinking about anxiety all the time.
- Saying all that as well – I’ve been finding on how I’m feeling that there are certain things I just cannot watch anymore. For the moment, if I see a program regarding mental health I have to be really carefully about not setting myself off.
- Yourself – Sometimes it can feel very lonely to be going through this. What I’ve learnt is that even people who say “get over it” Do want too help. They just don’t understand. I’ve learnt to speak more up for myself.
- Relaxation – I am natural worrier, it’s the hardest thing in my life to just “relax” and not worry. This is my hardest lesson. It’s also though how I am trying the hardest in my life to just “relax”. I feel if I could truly learn to do this, my anxiety would just ‘go away’. When I start to feel a bit anxious, I like to sing a song in my head and just repeat. While I find something to occupy my mind with.
Share Your World – November 6, 2017
Would you rather take a 2 week vacation with an organized tour or take a cruise of your choice?
I’d rather have the 2 week vacation only because I get sea sick and would probably end up doing nothing on a cruise except for lying on the bed and throwing up the whole time. I wouldn’t enjoy that at all! I’d rather have a two week vacation of my choice,lol
Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing?
I used to actually feel sick when I’d go on the swing, because I’d make myself go really high, but I loved it anyway. When I go past one I have to honestly stop myself from going on one. Mainly because when I’m walking past one I am usually walking by myself, or on my way to work, so it’d probably seem a little weird.
What is the most important thing that you ever learned ? (I bet it’s not something you learned in school)
Oh gosh, there is so much that I have learnt in my life time. Where do I talk about the most important? I think the most important to is to remember to be kind and to keep laughing. I made this silly comment the other day on Facebook, one that I thought was nothing really. It was about stop making nothingpeoplefamous (ie Milo Yiannopoulos). The guy is a nothing, he has no real power, he makes his money off of people’s stupidity. By telling bigoted people what they want to hear (I didn’t put that all in though, just the #stopmakingnothingpeoplefamous…that was it) Oh my goodness this one lady told me to kill myself and that I was clearly a dyke. Her reaction such an OVERREACTION, I genuinely felt bad for her. I genuinely felt bad for her and apart from telling her to get off of Facebook and get a hobby, for genuine concern. Everyone else was attacking her enough.
It made me stop and realise these people I engage with via Trump or SSM or other disagreements, these people tend to just follow what they’ve been told with no actual research. On Twitter they just tend to retweet things and I feel sorry for them. Their world must be just so small. They probably will never “get it”. Just understand be kind knowing that they probably honestly do not “get it”.
I don’t know where I was going with that,lol.
What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
This is going to sound weird, but I appreciated this week the people that were asking me if I was waiting in line or had I already ordered in such a polite way. I think most of us see strangers mainly on social media these days and all these strangers just generally being nasty to one another. It’s nice to interact with strangers being nice to each other.
24. A Book you have learned from
I have really been struggling with this one, mainly because they are SO many books that I have learnt something from. It’s part of the reason that I love to read, every time I reread a book of mine as well, I find that I learn something new, or I see something that I had never seen before. So saying all that, it’d be hard to pinpoint one particular book.
Some of the authors that I would highly recommend me though if you want to read something to learn from is:
Paulo Coelho – I’ve read quiet a few of his books, and although I do feel that you have to be in a certain place n your life to “get them”. I loved them and I understood them.
Jodi Picoult – She was probably the first author that I found could write well from everyone’s perspective, and I learnt perspective from that, more understanding.
Beatrix Potter – I honestly believe that she taught me that animals have feelings too.
The list goes on in all honesty.
How old were you when you learned your most lessons? This question was asked a couple of months ago and I thought that it was a great question to ask myself at the end of this year.
Each year I learn something different, it’s not just about learning something new every day, but what have you learnt that’s new about yourself this year?
This year I have stopped giving a damn so much. I have stopped being so silent and not saying anything when I feel passionate about something…And you know what? The same people who have always been there for me, are still here with me. I got unfriended so much on Facebook this year and I DON’T care. It’s been really freeing. I still get frustrated by those who I have a conversation with and they unfriend me the next week, but that frustration lasts about as long as it took you to read this sentence ~.^ Some people I’ve had awkward conversations with because I’ve had no idea that they have unfriended me,lol
Some people are only features in your life’s journey.
I feel so powerful and even with the health issues that have “hindered” me this year, I have been pushing through, fighting my own mind. I can proudly say that I am proud of myself this year. I don’t care anymore, but neither have I become heartless either. In fact, I feel like my heart has opened even more. Through all of the discussion and so forth I’ve taken part in this year, it’s opened me up to a whole new world.
There are very bad people out there and people have lost a lot of “common sense”, but the good always outweighs the bad.
Uploaded by: DeltaGoodremVEVO
Delta Goodrem’s new single ‘Enough’ feat. Gizzle is from her new album ‘Wings Of The Wild’ out now – http://smarturl.it/WingsOfTheWild
Well, my first mistake was tryna please everybody
Only to realize I ain’t need anybody (nobody)
But all I ever wanted was acceptance
‘Til I accepted myself, now I can check that off my checklist
I am no longer checking for your guest list
Or where I land on your best list
I look at my reflection and it tells me who the best is
So I could never do it like the rest did
I have now turned 30 + 1, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to write about what I learnt in my 20’s as I now head into my 30’s…Scary as!
1. If you are lucky enough to have a good family, this is extremely rare, spend all the family time you can with them.
2. You don’t have to get drunk ALL the time, know your limits, not only will you not throw up but you wont have a hangover the next day!
3. Facebook does not equal best friends for life.
4. Take all the selfie’s you want too! You don’t have to post them on Facebook or Instagram, but if they make you feel good…Go for it!
5. Make time for friends and your romantic relationships.
6. Have at least ONE passionate lover that you do not date and you can be friends with afterwards. (Be safe!)
7. Volunteer or stand up for at least one cause you are completely passionate about!
8. You do not know everything…Listen.
9. Make time for yourself.
10. Not everyone is going to get married, live together and have children in that order and it IS okay not to have children.
11. If you have a passion for your job, or find a job you are passionate about, stick with it and improve at it!
12. If you have children in your 20’s, don’t let the rest of the world babysit and take care of your babies. Take pride in raising your children and don’t let the rest of the world tell you what makes a “good” or “bad” parent. Don’t be ashamed though to ask for help! There’s a lot of willing to help out there!
13. Not everyone is and will be your best friend for life, but you will figure out who your “real” friends are.
14. It’s okay to let go and still care about a person.
15. Do not let bad relationships waste your time or control your life. If you can’t let go…Get Help!
16. I repeat…Facebook does NOT equal best friends for life.
17. Sometimes you just need a cuddle from and with someone or an animal that is warm.
18. Do NOT stop reading! It doesn’t matter what it is, never stop reading!
19. Go to a local festival, convention, concert or to theatre at least one a year!
20. It is completely normal to be in your Twenties (heading towards your Thirty) and have a crush on a Celebrity.
Have a passion that is all your own! Like myself and my Blogging =D