Over the weekend I hope that you got to see the very awesome that is Zola the Gorilla! If not here he is.
Uploaded by: TIME
Originally uploaded by: Dallas Zoo
I thought that it was a fantastic little video, and according to animal experts it shows that he is comfortable and content.
However, of course, all the “Zoo’s are jail” people tweeters came out. Now I am watching Safari Live and just my whole life. There is nothing better than seeing an animal in the Free, just roaming down, doing what they do best. However, I also understand Zoo’s, not all Zoo’s mind you are good for conservation and people (mainly children) getting their ever first sighting of a “real animal” rather than on a screen. Also a lot of animals in Zoo’s are rescued from other areas where humans have come in caused destruction.
What I cannot stand though are those people who tweet and say how terrible it is, but that’s it…Unless you have no heart, I think we can all agree that we’d prefer them to be out in the wild. But what does it help if you constantly tweet things, and then that’s it? Does it make them feel better that we all can agree they deserve to be in the wild? What exactly what do they achieve, other than some kind of smugness?
Zola the Gorilla is well taken care, happy and safe…and teaching hundreds of people about them. A lot better off than some others out there and your “tweet” does pretty much stuff all…Unless you DO something! If you asked Zola I’m sure he’d wonder why if you’re so upset about it, the best you can do is a “tweet” for him?
What’s your opinion? Do you have any suggestions or idea on what could help?
Here are your questions for this week
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
I donate to a few, but the one that I love donating too is our Guide Dogs. I have a special soft spot to animals just in general, generally because they are way kinder than humans and they cannot speak to us, so we have to listen to them even harder. Animals can bring comfort and a special kind of friendship to those who are blind.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Oh this is an interesting, there are two colours that I feel most comfortable wearing. When I went to look nice but remain comfortable and more “inconspicuous” I like to wear Blue. When I want to stand out though, I love wearing Red. I have had many people say that “Red” is my colour.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know) Good Question! (Took me a while to think of some answers)
- My Great Grandfather, not only do I miss him SO much, but he had such an interesting mind! Very ahead of his time.
- Gene Kelly (just LOVE him).
- Oprah…I think she’s interviewed and covered the most interesting topics and people, she’s had an very interesting life. I believe she’s got a very interesting and open mind.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
- Queensland, beautiful people and beautiful place…Always semi-warm too!
- Arizona and the UK (I’ve put these two together because I’ve family and friends in both these places).
- Our local Zoo … I know that Zoo’s keep getting a bad rap lately, but the really good Zoo’s (like my local one) are great educational and awareness tools!
- I love going to the beach when it’s nice and cool, not to hot and not too windy either!
- Then there’s my “secret place” it’s a couple of hours drive and when I go there I tend to stay the entire weekend.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?