So I thought that I would write about what I miss now. When I wrote my other blog called”So far, I’ve enjoyed 2020” It did actually make me think about the things I miss now too. Not necessarily “sad” things. Just things and bit that I’ve noticed don’t seem to be around as much anymore. See if you agree, and/or add your own too!
You know what’s funny? I started to write this, before the weekend that’s just past. I just want to say that I kind of miss…to be honest…Everything.
The year started off so well, and then it just kind of went downhill…Well, for myself and my family anyway. I was just talking to my mum about it last night.
The year started off:
- Mum and her sister had booked tickets to go overseas and see family in UK.
- My Grans big 80th, with her baby brother coming over.
- My partner bought a new house.
- My dog seemed better than ever.
How the year is going now:
- Coronavirus, so far, travel hasn’t been banned to the UK.
- My grans mental facilities is going down hill. Her brother who hasn’t seen her in about 5-10 years could tell on the first day. She keeps inviting people to her birthday.
- My partners house is actually going well. It’s about the only thing. However, my partner is currently renting and they landlord and real estate agent hasn’t brought anyone through. Not that that will be our problem, but the landlords a nice guy. There’s only two weekends left, till we leave.
- My dog died >.<
- The cat got anal swollen glands. I even made a joke the night that Pippy passed, before I left, Travie had just gotten over his swollen his anal glands. I said “If it’s not one, it’s the other”…Now there’s only one =(
- I’ve pretty much lost my job, although they have asked me to work on Friday…Which I don’t know if that’s a good day to work after not working for about three weeks…Friday the 13th!
Let alone all the politics and people in general. Honestly, at this point, if I won the lotto. I’m not sure how happy I’d be. All the important things are missing.
New Year! New Start! New Goals!
I don’t think that I should actually make goals for an entire year, because month by month is much easier. If I make a goal for the year, it’d be much easier for me to go “Oh I can do that next month”.
- I would love to get away with my partner. There’s this little beach town that I love in my state and I have always wanted to stay there overnight, it’s perfect Summer weather and a perfect Summer beach town. I just have to convince him!
- I’m reading a few books while I’ve got some time off before the busy season starts at my work place. See a review coming soon!
- I want to get a few things set up before I really start back up at work. Like a meditation space etc.
- Make lasagna…from scratch! I love it and I want do it, but I’ve never done it before!
So here are some links to facts about Leap Year :
Leap Year (Wikipedia)
Time and Date (Leap Day)
Watch out boys! Get proposing girls! (I totally did not do that by the way).
I am a big believer learning from both the Western and Eastern cultures. I am also involved with healing activities that derive from the Eastern cultures. I also think one does need to know that there is nothing wrong with bringing Eastern and Western medicines and using them together. I think it might even be better than just using one all the time.
This Monday is the beginning of the Chinese New Year. With the Chinese culture each year is represented by one of twelve animal signs. This year is the Year of the Monkey. The Monkey is the ninth sign of the twelve year cycle. The origin of the Chinese New Year follows very closely to Astrology. I’ve found that with all different “Beliefs” they are often very similar and lot of them promote love and togetherness. As humans tend to do though, a lot like the game Chinese whispers, people interpret how they want to interpret the words that are written. Losing a lot of the original meaning.
Years of the Monkey include 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028…
Lucky Signs for Monkey:
Lucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8
Lucky Colors: white, gold, blue
Lucky Flowers: chrysanthemum, alliums
Lucky Directions: north, northwest, west
Oh yes I am going to be that person today, that person that you just hate, that person you’ll want ‘unfriend”, that person that makes you want to scream “Shuddup! I don’t wanna know!” … Oh yes today I am going to be that person!
I’m only posting this because I had a conversation with my partner and I started to realise how some people don’t even panic. I guess because I’m a natural worrier I plan for Christmas months ahead. When I wasn’t working at the beginning of June I would put something away each fortnight, saving a bit each month. Then at the end of the August I’d start buying presents.
You might be able to guess that I’m a big Christmas person =D
So it’s one month until December…It may not exactly be a “storm” but December, Christmas month and last month of the year can get a little crazy!
So for the next month at least, I will be posting links to literary type pages that I think have good gifts for people that you might want to consider getting for your literary friends.
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/storiarts – Literary Apparel for your Bookish life!
I am not sure how many of my readers have a Facebook, but on Facebook ever so randomly they have this “app” called “TimeHop” and what it does is it allows brings up a post from say a year ago from today or 5 years ago and you can post it onto your Facebook. I don’t actually have this app on my Facebook, but it still randomly shares posts and today it decided to share a post today. Reminding me that a year ago I broke up with my ex.
One of my roughest break ups ever for myself personally. My ex had been chasing me for months and then when I finally decided to break down and say “Yes” it moved very quickly and then it was over a month later. It wasn’t just over but my ex treated me very cruelly afterwards as well and honestly I still believe, till this day that he never cared. I hated the song by “A Great Big World, feat Christina Aguilera” … “Say Something” because that’s pretty much what happened. He wanted to break up and then refused to talk to me and decided, of all the friends he had, to go and tell the first person we had broken up, the person who hated me the most? The guy was horrible to me….Obviously. Made no sense.
I never thought that I could trust someone, let alone love someone ever again.
Yet, here I am a year later and I am in love with someone who is like the most incredible person I have ever met and takes such good care of me. I can’t even explain how happy he makes me. He’s honestly also the first boyfriend I’ve had that actually makes me feel he really wants me around. That is SUCH an unusual feeling for me and sometimes it still makes me a little sad that it’s taken me this long to find someone who treats me like that =/
It amazes me where my life has taken me since this day. I never thought that a year later I would be here. Stronger, happier, feeling more fulfilled. When I think about how I felt and how long it took for me to trust my current partner, it still astounds me that I am here.
It is no secret fact that the end of a year, any year, it makes people reflect and look back at the year and decide what they wish to improve on for the new year coming.
Last year what I did was instead of making resolutions for the year coming, I made a list of what I was going to leave behind in the past year. I actually found this was really a lot better than making promises into the future. Mainly because we don’t know what the future holds for us. So instead of promising myself that I would “lose weight” I worked on writing less emo-type posts.
I found that by making promises to myself of what I’m leaving behind, I could concentrate on that. I could work on myself and then I was able to work on things that were thrown at me in my future, things that I didn’t see coming. I have to say that personally it did work for me, so I shall be doing that again. Instead of starting new problems, I decided to work on old issues of mine so that I could leave them behind.
Here are a couple of things that I will be leaving behind in 2015:
- Less talking about my ex’s, so I can concentrate on my new partner
- Being unproductive and be more proactive on finding a job IN a Library, rather than just having a job.
- MORE motivation for meditation!
What are your “tricks” for the New Year? Do you make resolutions, or do you do something else instead, make a goal for the new year?