I promise this is going to be my last Same Sex Marriage post, mainly because I think by now people have their minds pretty set. Guess What…Whether you agree with someone or not, they have a right to say what they think. We don’t actually have “Freedom of Speech” in Australia, we have an implied right to political speech.
Basically whether or not you agree with the other side, they have a right to say what they want, but you also have to accept the consequences of those actions. A lot of businesses for example have social media type clauses.
The situation frustrates me because the Government should have just let it happen. I swear, there would have been a few upset people but I truly do think it would have just died down after a few months. Other countries that have done it, are perfectly fine. So what is the problem?
Oh and if one more person brings up “paedophilia” for a reason to Vote “No”. I swear I will list every single Church since the beginning of time that have either been charged or investigated for paedophilia…George Pell anyone?
Here are some facts:
- People had up until the 24th of August to register to Vote.
- There is a very quick way to check where the closest post office box is to you. You’ll probably find that it’s actually within walking distance.
- Your vote has to be back by November 7th.
- It’s not a obligatory vote.
- Probably the saddest fact that even if the majority Vote Yes…It still doesn’t mean that the Government have to let it pass, there will just be more of a possibility of it happening.
- No matter what the outcome is…Gay people can already have children, whether it’s by adoption or surrogacy or…other. The outcome of this vote will NOT change that. Some people seem to still need to get this one in their heads.