Share Your World – 2015 Week #25
What did you or did not like about the first apartment you ever rented?
Well I have never rented an apartment on my own, I have generally moved in with others. Since I had to go back to living with my Mother, you can guess how well those turned out. However one plus side of living with a parent is that I am able to save so I can get my own place =D
What kind of art is your favorite? Why?
This is a good question, I like a bit of everything really. Anything that moves me, I like. Except for that “modern” type stuff. Where they have a huge white canvass and a red square in the middle, which is supposed to represent “planet suffrage”…Yeah, I think that art is just silly,lol.
How many siblings do you have? What’s your birth order?
I have on younger brother and he just moved interstate recently, and I am going to be visiting him in a couple of weeks =D
Complete this sentence: I’m dreaming of a white …. (and no you can’t use Christmas as your answer)
Wedding…Don’t tell my partner!lol
So the weekend is nearly over and I really should be getting ready for this barbecue I have to go, but am so tired. It’s been a bit of a brilliant weekend…I have always loved Halloween even though I am not America and am secretly glad that it’s becoming bigger here! =D
Before I start to bore you all with details of what I did. I’m writing mainly because I had such a 360 with a lot of stuff that has been going with my life. I went to a wedding as well and it was such an eye opener! I am sick of being miserable over guys who just waste time. Watching this wedding (and it was really short too…I didn’t know weddings these days could take so little time!) really just made me open my eyes and made me feel like I want to get married…To the right person at the right time of course. It was a fantastic feeling!
People though…very interesting creatures. I think this weekend also proved to me though as a culture we are becoming more self obsessed and it is not really serving us well as a community. People taking photos of themselves being “introspective” while ignoring the pains of their friends and the world. Apparently someone having a crush on someone who clearly isn’t interested in them is more important than someone who is actually going through nasty break-up? All night I had to listen to love songs that I really didn’t want too.
Anyways, all of this is making me realise how much of a good person I want to stay and be and how much I want to be with a good person. Not someone who claims to be good, but is never given the opportunity because the girls want all of your friends.
(I kind of love how my costume kind of came out Harley Quinn meets Betty Boop…Boop-Oop-A-Doop)
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.