31. Core Value
My core value…This one has been such an interesting one to think/write about, because I think that I have a few different types on core values depending on the situation.
The one that I think I think is most true to my core value though is to just be kind. I have done so many tests about your personality where they ask about what do you value most. They are usually something like Kindness, Honesty, Humour, and something else, but I always chose kindness. I feel with kindness comes all those kinds of responsibility. Generally I find that if you are just kind to others, the other values just kind of come naturally.
By kindness to me that incorporates everything from physically helping others to just sitting and listening to someone. Even when they are saying something that you don’t necessarily agree with, but they seem to need to get off their chest. Sometimes the reward that comes with that as well is to finally understand why someone thinks that way they do.
This or That? #100
This is the final instalment to the awesome’s Bookmark Chronicles questions for This or That? So let’s make it a good one!
This week Bookmark Chronicles (and myself) would like to know?:
What do you value most in a novel?
Quality writing ~ Character development ~ World building ~ Logical endings ~ Relatable characters ~ Real life situations ~ Storytelling
(You must pick one)
This is such a hard question, and yet such a good question at the same time. Sometimes a lot of all of those ingredients makes for a great story and can also make for a bad story if they don’t all *mesh*
I am going to have to go with though, the character development. A good character can pull anyone in and it shows at the same time good writing skills. I think that no matter how bad a plot may be or even a bad story-line. A good character who develops over time and can be shown to “human” and relatable, can sometimes all you need to have. How else could you explain stories like Twilight and 50 shades. They have some terrible plots and endings (Twilight is my most hated type ending, where it’s “like a dream” and people just ‘wake up’).
Although it probably sounds like relatable characters, I don’t know how many people can relate to characters all the time, especially Vampires. However I feel like when people grow and change, and it’s written well in a story, people will relate better. Not everyone relate to a “Vampire” but they can relate to the feelings and how they change and how people change with different situations (for example).
Get to know me!…Part 2
So last week I started off a getting to know me challenge and as I mentioned I “stole” it from Vrushali who found it on ChocolatenWaffles’s Blog. (Please go and check them out!) Instead of doing it all in one go, I am instead doing it in 25 part questions and this is Part 2…So let’s start…
- What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? A lot of the musicals I watch over and over again and I still love them. Except for La La Land, I have no interest in seeing that film again. The other movies I can watch over and over again and still do, are all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbits films. They are just the type of movies that take me away and I love it.
- Last person you kissed/kissed you? It would have to be my partner, but it depends if you include my dog or not,lol
- Were you ever a boy/girl scout? No, there not really that huge down under. You’re more likely to find people here doing some kind of sport or life saving activities.
- Would you ever strip or pose naked in a magazine? It honestly depends on why I’d be posing nude. I have no problem with nudity, but I’m not just going to do it for no reason.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter on paper? I think the last time I wrote a letter was to Matt Smith (11th Doctor on Doctor Who) but I never sent it. It was just basically saying how much I appreciated the way he played the Doctor, he made me feel less “weird”.
- Can you change the oil on a car? I don’t know, I’ve never tried.
- Ever got a speeding ticket? I have no licence
- Ever ran out of gas? See above.
- Favorite kind of sandwich? Fritz and sauce, I just love it!
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? Oh wow, what isn’t the best thing to eat for breakfast?
- What is your usual bedtime? I usually head to bedat 11 pm, and sleep usually comes to me at 12. Depending on what I’m doing the next day.
- Are you lazy? I’m not sure that I’m lazy but I am really bad at procrastinating, once I get going I tend to keep going.
- When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? We don’t really celebrate Halloween Down Under, but it is getting bigger and people are doing it more often. I think though if we did I probably would have been a Disney Princess and a Fairy or something.
- What is your Chinese astrological sign? I am a Rat. Rats are supposed to be quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind, smart, and lovely. Which of course, is totally true =P
- How many languages can you speak? Just the one unfortunately.
- Do you have any magazine subscriptions? No, I do sometimes buy a Cosmo every know and then as well though.
- Which are better, LEGOs or Lincoln logs? I don’t know what Lincoln Logs are. So LEGO…
- Are you stubborn? Well my Star Sign is Taurus, so the most stubborn of all signs! So I definitely can be, especially if I think the matters, matters.
- Which is better Leno or Letterman? I never really watched either program, but if I had to choose I probably would have to have gone with Letterman.
- Ever watch soap operas? We watch the UK soaps, but they always irritate us!
- Are you afraid of heights? It depends on the height!
- Do you sing in the car? I don’t drive.
- Do you sing in the shower? Sometimes.
- Do you ever dance in the car? I dance and sing together.
- Ever used a gun? Fake gun? Yeah. Real gun? Are you kidding?
If you would like to read my Part One…Please check it out here.
So I had an interesting talk about “respect” with a close male family member of mine tonight. Well I say “talk” it was more him texting me saying how I don’t respect him because I didn’t drop all my plans, even though we went out of our way to make other plans, it just wasn’t possible, because he’s family and I was told to “grow up” and he’ll talk to me then.
Respect is an interesting thing, it makes me curious that people who NEVER treat you with respect, expect it in return. It’s an interesting thing when a person will try to passively aggressively publicly ostracise you, but then turn into a whimpering mess when you hit back at them. It is interesting with how many people will say “Oh well, that’s just them” So it’s alright for them to do that, but it’s NOT alright for me to stand up to them, because that’s who I am.
I think in this world of today, you really have to know who you are. People these days seem to change with what ever works easier and no one wants any “drama”. Then I go and watch a show like “Band of Brothers” and think to myself “How would these guys feel about the generation of today” Would they think “This is what we died and suffered for? So someone could post a picture that isn’t even there own picture, and not even there own words to prove how there better than somebody else”…It’s pretty pathetic really.
Uploaded by:Elliott Walsh
Published on 15 Dec 2012
All the interviews with the soldiers from the amazing tv series Band Of Brothers. I’ve never had any direct experience of war and i found these interviews really compelling and deeply moving.
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.
(Source: Facebook Page ‘Enchanting Minds’)
(I need a little Thorin this week <3)