For one second, I was thrilled that Boris Johnson is resigning. Then I thought of all the “replacements” and they are all pretty much just as bad, or worse than Johnson.
Even though I’m Australian, I was really looking forward to Johnson being voted out by the British people.
I have friends and family in the UK (again, I am first generation Australian). I haven’t seen a positive post. I’ve been fighting along my trans friends in the UK, and each Tory is just that slightly be worse than the last. Even the politicians who had family come to the UK to escape persecution. Are horribly racist. Honestly, it’d be the same if Trump had resign. There’s no one really good or great. They’re all either equally horrible or worse.
They’re all homophobic, transphobic, racist. Most of them voted AGAINST feeding UK children, it was so bad, a footballer did it instead. Like I wrote, like Trumps Republican’s.
Marcus Rashford: Feeding Britain’s Children – inside his campaign to tackle child hunger
There are no celebrations, because it could get worse for the UK (if that’s possible). Reach out to your British family and friends ❤ ❤ ❤
Oh my god, people…When did people lose their sense of humours?
So, here’s what happened.
The UK media and both sides of the Government were doing their normal bigotry shit.
I made a joke that was about how the UK, with their current Government and Media bigotry and lack of spine, would never have won the WW2 without the US. I thought it was hilarious and my “followers” on Twitter got it, so I posted it on my Facebook.
People I never hear from, decided to “tell me” to not re-write History, and there was more too it…
Like, I know, lol…All these monarchists … Jebus Christ! … When I wrote about “Prince” Andrew and the amount of grown women putting all the responsibility on a 17 year old girl’ shoulder…NOT A PEEP.
This is why I don’t let people know on my Facebook what my new Twitter account is. I get that people have lost their humor, but it’s like people just scan things to see what they can be offended about sometimes.
The next time I came on FB and I saw all these “don’t let people let you rewrite History and blah blah”….I just burst out laughing. That’s what my next post was, just a few laughing emoji’s and a laughing gif. It might be the Irish Catholic in my descendants, but I just have no time for that kind of idiocy anymore.
Seriously? What is happening in the UK?
One thing I’ve noticed when people want to talk about how Trump is great, they’ll bring the UK into the mix saying how they have gun control, but things like stabbing and rapes are higher in the UK.
Now I can’t dispute that the UK has rapes. I decided to do some research into this…and it turns out that the UK actually have less rapes than the US (well reported ones). So, since it’s extremely easy to find this out…Why do they keep talking about rapes in the UK like it happens more often?
A comparison of Sexual Assault in the US, Canada and England
In this report it explains the circumstances of each of the countries.
Canada has the highest rate of the lesser serious sexual assaults.
The US has the highest rate of the more serious sexual assaults ie rapes.
The UK is lower in both cases for both.
It’s a very interesting report to read because they look at all different types of factors to consider.Not trying to justify rape or sexual assault or anything like that. It’s interesting to look at the culture differences, pay wage caps, family cultures, how POC are treated, how people are treated when they report a rape, etc. The report was written in an American University as well, in Massachusetts.
I started looking mainly because during a discussion about how much Trump has “done” for the common man. One of the people said that the UK has rapes…and that was it…I’m sorry when did Trump stop the rapes in the US?lol…I said “Oh I didn’t realise Trump stopped the rapes in the US”…Then I decided to go and look up what the “statistics” are, and that’s when I found this report.
So YAY to long weekends! Is there anything better than a long weekend? Unless of course you’re a casual worker like me, where you can be called in every day, so you never really relax. It’s hard to describe to people who have never been a casual worker before. I feel like I have to act like I am going to work the next day, even when I’m not scheduled, because I could still be called in. I do not want to be called into work and be all hung over, or something like that.
The reason for our pubic holidays is to celebrate Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth birthday. Since Australia is apart of the Commonwealth, we get a public holiday, It’s a little odd though. The Queens ACTUAL Birthday is April 21st, but her “official” birthday is always on a Saturday during June, generally the second weekend.
So why the second birthday? (Other than…How cool would that be?!)
Queen Elizabeth is not the first Royal Family member to have a second birthday. The tradition was believed to have started with the Reign of King George II in 1748. The answer really is quiet simple and you can see when you see the reason why it started to become a tradition. George II was born in October but the annual summer military cavalcade became a celebration of the king as well as the armed forces.
I know that from my previous Blog this might seem a tad bit depressing, especially for the end of the week…But I felt like I needed to get this mans name out there today. It’s not been a good year so far when it comes to 2016 and us losing many beloved and awesome legends…How much fun would it be to pop in on Heaven right now?
Rest In Peace Ronnie Corbett
Uploaded by:Simon Nottm
Uploaded on Jan 5, 2012
Possibly one of their best comedy sketches ever, certainly the most popular and requested of all time.
This was actually posted all over Doctor Who official sites on the 2 of September, but I am still SO happy about it.
I am a big Doctor Who and I am an even bigger River Song and “her Doctor” fan (the amount of YouTube fan made videos is actually really quiet embarrassing).
Professor River Song is coming back (aka Melody Pond).
I cannot WAIT until I see Alex Kingston and Peter Capaldi together…I think it is going to be magnificent! Let the countdown begin =D
Here are your questions for this week
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
I donate to a few, but the one that I love donating too is our Guide Dogs. I have a special soft spot to animals just in general, generally because they are way kinder than humans and they cannot speak to us, so we have to listen to them even harder. Animals can bring comfort and a special kind of friendship to those who are blind.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Oh this is an interesting, there are two colours that I feel most comfortable wearing. When I went to look nice but remain comfortable and more “inconspicuous” I like to wear Blue. When I want to stand out though, I love wearing Red. I have had many people say that “Red” is my colour.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know) Good Question! (Took me a while to think of some answers)
- My Great Grandfather, not only do I miss him SO much, but he had such an interesting mind! Very ahead of his time.
- Gene Kelly (just LOVE him).
- Oprah…I think she’s interviewed and covered the most interesting topics and people, she’s had an very interesting life. I believe she’s got a very interesting and open mind.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
- Queensland, beautiful people and beautiful place…Always semi-warm too!
- Arizona and the UK (I’ve put these two together because I’ve family and friends in both these places).
- Our local Zoo … I know that Zoo’s keep getting a bad rap lately, but the really good Zoo’s (like my local one) are great educational and awareness tools!
- I love going to the beach when it’s nice and cool, not to hot and not too windy either!
- Then there’s my “secret place” it’s a couple of hours drive and when I go there I tend to stay the entire weekend.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Okay so I’ve just recently turned 30…Happy Birthday to me! So I thought that I would share 30 facts with you, my blog readers =D Hopefully some will be unexpected:
- In nearly every single situation I prefer the bad guy over the good one. Except possibly not when it comes to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I think it may be possible that those movies are the first that I prefer the good guys…Except for Iron Man.
- My best, best, BEST friend and I have known each other for more than half our lives and apart from my family she is the only other person to be in my life that long.
- I am one of those very annoying people that actually does like a bit of everything, music-wise
- Over probably the last 5 years I’ve started to realise that I am nothing like most of my friends. I have completely ways of seeing the world and it has made me feel incredibly lonely, BUT, I am meeting people now and am starting to believe in myself again.
- I am Doctor Who obsessed and I’ve started to watch the original series. People think that I know everything from the William Hartnell years, but I actually don’t.
- Ironically when I started my course to train to become a Librarian, I stopped reading. It’s only been since I started to volunteer at my local Library that I restarted again.
- While most people seem to freak out about rats, I have actually three pet rats and think that they are adorable (I still want a hamster, but they are illegal in Australia).
- I do things like meditation, reiki…I never try and force it down people’s throats though.
- I love to dance! Although I have not joined a local dance class or something like that, I have a lot of the dancing games on my xBox and I play them a couple of times a week.
- I don’t just have an xBox…I have an Star Wars xBox with a C3PO gold controller!
- I love watching Vlog’s, especially those ones of Cosplaying and am currently trying to set up one for this Blog!
- I love the crime channel and for the longest time I could not figure out why. I think it’s because I love that in all of the programs, they find their person and justice is done.
- Speaking of Justice, a role model of mine is Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, law and justice. When I was in High School, my ancient classical studies class was the only class I use to get A’s.
- I suffer from dyslexia and due to large classrooms, this went unnoticed through 99% of my schooling, until Year 12. Where my ancient classical studies teacher recognised and helped me. I know have exercises that help me cope. As annoying as it may be, I constantly I have to re-read everything.
- I am an animal lover, although not a vegetarian. When I was little my brother, cousins and I had a nature club and we took “care” of any animal that we could find. We found lizards, caterpillars, millipedes…Yes…everything!
- I have travelled overseas mainly to Arizona, I have also travelled to the UK. Once I get a well paying job I will be saving to go back there for at least one last time, for a long time. I don’t think it will be my very last time, but it will be for a long time.
- I love both coffee and tea…I have been experimenting with different teas and coffees this year, it has been a good time!
- I am organising my 30th party while I am writing this…I get really stressed out organising parties.
- I am an Facebook ‘addict’ but one of my resolutions to stay off of Facebook once a week, has been helping and I find that I am getting stuff done!
- Over the last year I have been changing, getting rid of and acquiring new things, so that I can have a more “grown up” bedroom. I think I have more toys (statues, figurines) than I ever have before!
- Before I started my studies I was a call centre operator, but I never ever want to do it again!
- Out of all my thirty years I have found this past year I have learnt the most about myself and have noticed huge changes for myself.
- I am more happier being single than when I am in a relationships. I seem to have more fun!
- I am more of a dog person than a cat person, but I love kittens!
- Apart from this year I have been back-stabbed about two weeks before my birthday parties. You can imagine how happy I am that this year didn’t happen!
- I think this year is definitely the year that I have learnt “It’s more important to have a few true friends than a lot of fake acquaintances”.
- I cannot stand romantic comedy movies, the only one I have ever enjoyed was “Love Actually”. I enjoy actual comedies, musicals and LOVE action films!
- Although I am a huge Disney fan I am probably the most realist idealist you will ever meet. Probably why I am still single, I’ve noticed a lack of honesty, compassion and open-mindedness these days. Which are probably the three most important values in any relationship.
- I am girl who does not love chocolate! Give me a packet of chips any day, I have to be in the mood for chocolate…Shocking, I know!
- Although I have just spent this past year trying to remodel my room and make it more ‘adult’ I have just gotten a whole tonne of presents which I have no clue what to do with!