Grandparents…Aren’t they special.
That is not a question, it’s a statement…Except if you had nasty Grandparents, then please probablystop reading this immediately.
I think Grandparents ARE a treasure and we should treasure them while we still have them. I have all but one left…So does my partner actually…She is one of “my people”. I’ve always managed to have a great relationship with all of my Grand parents.
Now that my Grandmother is a Great-Grandmother in every way possible I though we should be going to her, not the other way around. I have been getting SO frustrated with my family lately. We had four days off over the Easter Weekend and my cousins family went to a caravan park that’s a 20 minute drive the where we were meeting at THEIR parents place. (I STILL live further than them to their parents place, even from the caravan park)…They decided to make dinner the last evening of the four days, even though it’s completely inconvenient and stupid for everybody else, and it’s all because they have “kids”. For another example, my Grandmothers b’day this year, she doesn’t even want to celebrate her birthday with their great grandchildren anymore, because they are spoilt. So instead of going to her this year, they made her come to them.
My grandmother has done this at least twice already, it’s time she gets to rest and do what she wants to do for her birthday. It’s time for it to be HER birthday again, she rests and we come to her…and they don’t even help clean up afterwards! I keep doing it all by myself now…It’s ridiculous! None of us were brought up this way!
I consider my Gran to “my person”…I don’t mean that I’m possessive and that no one else can call her Gran or anything…What I mean that she’s the one I’ve connected the most with over the years. The one that I can always go to and she just “gets it”.
It’s not new, this idea of saving libraries. People are working hard to prevent closures, or this idea of ‘merely’ giving the school librarian the sack, leaving the books to look after themselves. Lots of authors, and others, were out marching a couple of weeks ago in London. I wish I could have been there. And then […]
via Treasure your library — Bookwitch
Over the weekend I obtained a “little” treasure, I call it little because as much as the figurine is little, I actually thought that it was going to a lot smaller!lol…I also swear I am way more happier than my faces appears in the picture, I was trying to take it quickly before I left.
I have loved the Lion King ever since I was little and I have been stalking this particular figurine for about a year and I finally found one that was really cheap, compared the others. Mainly because this one does not come with the box (but still the certificate of authentication). Mufasa has to be one of my favourite all time Disney characters.
I have probably about 4-5 figurines that I could never get rid of and they include: Harley Quinn, Belle from Beauty and the Beast. What about you fellow readers, do you have any special little treasures?
During the weekend I went into numerous toy shops looking for a plush Hyena…I dressed up as Harley Quinn for an “Heroes and Villians” party over the weekend, so I thought that I would give an Easter twist to my Harley Quinn costume. I could not find a Hyena anywhere! They had Serval Cats (because I hear kids want them all the time) and some Wild Dogs (The number one Hyena enemy!)…But NO Hyena!
Anyways, while looking in one store, I came across this little treasure.
There was a whole bunch of them together, I didn’t get Belle because as you can see even just behind the Beast here, I have a lot of Belle.
I detract from my story. I was a little shocked to discover the name of the company and the stand that these figurines were all standing on. Why was I shocked you ask yourself? Well I was shocked because it wasn’t exactly the first name I would think of when thinking of Disney Figurines.
The company’s name you may ask? … Bullyland … by Paragon Toys. It was just a little bit of a shock, it’s a bit of weird name right? It wasn’t just me, was it?
If you had a shelf for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronic devices and things stored on them, people or animals), what would you put on it?
- Would have to be my special figurines. I have a couple from the Jim Shore.
- There are couple of pieces of jewellery that I have either gotten for people (in memoriam) or been given that I treasure.
- I have a few favourite books as well that I’ve had for years. Whenever I “re-find” them in a box I am just so happy.
If you had a box labelled ‘happiness’, what would you put in it?
Oh my goodness, what a great question! If it’s just a box, I would have so many photos in there. Possibly some favourite pieces of jewellery. Bookmarks and some of my favourite pens, maybe a wig or two,lol.
What do you want more of in your life?
I want a more steady job with more of a steady income. It’s getting really frustrating not knowing how many shifts I’m getting coming in and so I don’t always know how much money I’m getting coming in. If I could have that, I swear everything in my life would be pretty much perfect.
Daily Life List: What do you do on an average day? Make a list of your usual activities you do each day.
- Take all my medication (at the moment it’s all just natural stuff, nothing serious).
- Depending where I am a cuddle with either my puppy or my partners cat (he’s a weird cat, he really loves to cuddle,lol).
- Probably some Blogging of course.
- I usually will play some kind of computer game, even if it’s only for a little while.
- I will usually watch either Petes Phone (Ustream) or Djuma Cam (Ustream). Especially on the days that I miss the safari live drives. They are pretty much now a great form of meditation for me. I’ll just have one of them on in the background.
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.