Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner is demanding an investigation into the FBI after it was revealed that there were 4500 complaints filed against then-Judge Brett Kavanaugh that went ignored and were merely handed over to the White House. The Guardian reported that the FBI claimed they didn’t have the authority to investigate Kavanaugh during his nomination […]FBI allegedly ignored thousands of tips about Brett Kavanaugh: Ex-federal prosecutor — Here’s A Thing…
By Meghan Ellie I’ve been a writer, in the story kind of way, since I was about nine. I was reading tons of Magic Tree House and thought it would be awesome to write adventurous stories like that. So, I started writing a story about a girl named Anna, who, in the first chapter, is […]
If you are writing, or are writing something. There are some great tips here!
I’ve been reading a lot of other people’s mid year wrap up and I thought it’d be a fantastic idea for myself to take a look back at this first part of the year, reflect, and then look at what I can do for the rest of the year.
Reading – Reading wise I have been really good in that department. I think that giving myself the challenge of reading a certain amount of books this year. Then putting my goal onto Goodreads, has been able to help me focus. Most of the year so far, I have been able to keep on track. At the moment I’ve currently read 12 out of 24 books, so I am on track still. I originally had it has just 12…a book a month…The reason I changed though was because I just kept reading at the time. It was the beginning of the year, I had all these new books. I was on holidays, so I read a lot. I have actually read more than that, for example, I am not going to put all the books that I’m reading from the Agatha Christie on my Goodreads profile. So I’m actually ahead. I haven’t reread any books so far either, because I’ve had a lot of other things to read.
Anxiety – Anxiety wise I have been really well. I’ve only had one week where I felt like I was falling off, but then I had a good cry and I felt so much better. Than it occurred to me that I have not cried since I ended up in hospital. I’ve been trying to keep it all together, sometimes you just have to let it go. I have been finding things that do work for me and what doesn’t.
What does work:
- No coffee
- No alcohol
- Back up plans ie if the power goes out…Books to read, crafts to do, exercises, series downloaded, food to cook from scratch – computer, usbs etc.
Side Projects – I have been getting together over the last month or so, projects that I have finally decided to do. I’ve got candle making things, polymer clay thing. I’ve also got bought card making materials. I made Christmas Cards last year and everyone loved them, they took me so long to make, but people like them. Whether they were just trying to be nice or not, doesn’t matter…As I have decided to continue with this.
The Rest of the Year:
- I actually have something coming out next week, that I am excited/nervous about. I’ve been getting things ready for it. Some of the things have not turned up, but I’ve decided to go ahead with it anyway. I figure everything else will come together.
- I am hoping to get at least my L’s for driving! I’ve already taken the theory test once and although I failed. I hate tests, I suck at tests. I need to do something before I take the test.
- Reading wise I am not going to change my number of books that I am currently reading on Goodreads. Two books a month is going really well for myself.
- Anxiety wise. I am seeing my Doctor soon and making a mental health plan. Which means that I am going to be seeing a therapist more regularly. I’ve been doing quiet well, but I want someone to talk too about it, without feeling like I’m putting everything on my family and friends and bothering them.
- I AM going to make more of a routine of doing Yoga and Mediation more. I have been slacking off and I have been feeling it!
- I have also decided since my viewership has being going up quite steadily. Right now it’s at 760ish…If I can it up to between 900-1000 by the end of the year…I am going to do a give away at the end of the year, after Christmas. So you can get an extra present!
Can I just say a big Thank You to Life Lessons around the dinner table for tagging myself in this…I have absolutely enjoyed doing it, it’s really made me think! (I had SO much fun writing this up) Please see their questions and answers here:
- Thank the person that tagged you and link to their website
- Post the rules
- Answer your tagger’s questions
- Share your two favorite writing tips and where you got them from
- Share two random story/WIP ideas you’ve never shared before (It would be cool to include covers, but you don’t have to) (And also they don’t have to be ideas you’re ever going to turn into anything)
- But don’t spoil them for us
- Tag five people
- Let the people you tag know that they have been tagged
- Ask five questions
- No, you can’t re-tag the person that tagged you
- If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
JUST DO IT! Just start somewhere…DO IT BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT!
- What was an early experience where you learned that language has power?
My Grandmother is a Librarian, now retired. When we were younger we use to go and visit her a lot and got involved in a lot of the Libraries children programs. I definitely learnt the power of language there. The power of good story telling.
- What period of your life do you find you write about most often? (Childhood, adolescence, adult hood, young & golden years)
I write mostly, I think, YA mainly. I write more along, teenagers becoming young adults.
- What is the most difficult part of writing for you?
I just don’t believe in myself enough. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t want at least one writing of mine published. Then when I start writing and I feel like it’s silly. I think trying to compare myself to someone like JRR Tolkien does not help myself.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
If you are a frequent reader of mine you will know that I started my Blog because of a school project. We had to write up about two different social media type platforms that we have never used before. I just enjoyed it so much I’ve just kept it up.
Share your two favorite writing tips and where you got them from.
- Do not write unless you want too! There is nothing worse than trying to make yourself write. If you’re not feeling it, it’s just not going to happen. This is just a personal tip. Sometimes I feel like (especially if I’m not doing anything) that I should be writing. I always find that I get nowhere and even if I manage to write something, I usually rewrite that bit later.
- If I’m having a bit of writers block I watch everything and listen to what I consider to be fantasy. I find that this motivates myself. Even if I don’t end up writing, I definitely come up with ideas.
Share two random story/WIP ideas you’ve never shared before (It would be cool to include covers, but you don’t have to) (And also they don’t have to be ideas you’re ever going to turn into anything)
I have actually been kind of working on the two below, it’s be great if they’d turn into something…But we’ll see!
- The first one I’ll let you know about is actually supposed to be like a television series. I was inspired by a role playing game I played years and years ago. I was a Sorceress, but we had elves and monsters and all sorts! I’ve been writing it like a cross over Lord of the Rings with the television series withX-Men Evolution. Of course though my character (the Sorceress with the pet Wolf) is the Rogue type character.
I haven’t written anything for it for years though, but every now and then I’ll think of an episode idea.
- The other was inspired by a computer game, but I’m writing a novel, that I used to play, also years ago, on a portable PlayStation portable hand player. That is now a huge game on the XBOX 1. It’s supposed to be kind of like I guess YA novel. I would love to publish it, but I don’t think I’m even half way through it.
Tag Five People – I will Tag five people, but if you want to do this one, please feel free!
- Musings from a Tangled Mind
- This is My Truth Now
- From Private to Public
- Where Words Daily Come Alive
- On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea
My Questions to you:
- What is the worst advice someone can give you when you’re in the middle of writers block?
- Do you have a writers “set up”. Similar to a reading nook. Please describe.
- What (if anything) do you need to have around you to write?
- Are you inspired by other authors/writers? If yes, who and why?
- Writing wise, what is the most important lesson/s that you have learnt?
I was inspired to post about this topic over the weekend, after going out one night and trying to find a way to get out of a birthday party the next night. I was invited to a party that I just naturally assumed my partner would attend, which he decided he didn’t want too (he’s an adult, he doesn’t have to go if he doesn’t want too). I felt like I had to attend because not only had I promised at least I would show up. I also had to drop off at the party this expensive drink that someone else has brought and left my house -.- The main reason I don’t want to go is because the birthday guy is a little … strange, especially when he drinks.
Now I am not encouraging lying by any stretch of the imagination, because if you are like myself. If I lie, well, I am just a bad liar. Mainly because I start panicking that I’ll get caught and it goes downhill from there. I am also not asking how about my readers “Art of Lying”…Unless of course you do want to share!
It was interesting to me though how people will lie and how they avoid getting caught (there may have been some alcohol involve) because now we all know how they lie. So here are some of the “Art Tips” I discovered.
- Food poisoning is the best to go with, because if you say you have the “flu” or a sore throat. As a general rule you will then have to have a “sniffle” for the next few days.
- Don’t go out during the day or that night, especially when you live in a small town.
- Avoid ringing anyone, text if you must.
- Don’t post on social media. Don’t even take a photo to show “how sick” you are.
- Try to remember a time when you were sick with the actual illness and try to remember how you felt and what you went through.
*Disclaimer* I am not encouraging people to lie =P
It amazes and saddens me to constantly read in the news and on the television another life wasted after meeting up with someone through a “dating” site. It’s a serious issue as more and more people take the the web to find their future “somebodies”.
Unfortunately not everyone is on these dating sites to find a future somebody. Speaking from some of the experiences I’ve been told a lot of stories of people who use genuine dating site as a hook up, instead of the sites created to be a hook up site.
So a couple of tips from someone who has actually found her possible future someone online and has also had some interesting stories that she could share with you!
- Do not go to anybodies house, meet out in a public place and in mutual territory…Especially on the first date!
- Meet up somewhere where you can get out of a uncomfortable situation, quickly.
- On the first few dates let someone you know well and trust, where and when you are going on this date.
- Make sure you have a way to get home. Do not let them take you home, no matter how earnestly they offer.
- If someone automatically wants to meet up at their house on the second date, chances are they are only in it for one reason. Be honest, let them know it makes you feel uncomfortable and if they don’t offer another public place, or just quit speaking with you. They were clearly in it for one reason.
- If you feel uncomfortable in any situation, whether you are on a date or just chatting online with them, listen to your gut and stop the situation.
- As I mentioned before don’t be surprised if someone is using a genuine dating site, rather than a hookup site, to, infact, hook up.
Can you think of any other tips you would give to someone using an online dating site for the first time? Especially advice and hints to keep themselves safe?
So it has been…Since I don’t know when I posted something under this topic. What happened (if you are a fairly new readers) I started a category on here, talking about being single in a small city (a clever take I thought on a famous television show with a similar title). I had set-up a dating site, was dating, all sorts of things.
I was determined to start looking at dating in a whole new light.
Then, I am not even joking, within probably a fortnight of starting the new category. I met someone and now we are all “Facebook Official”. I have learnt that you are not “official” until you are official Facebook. We’ve even said that the big “L” word.
HOWEVER, I do pretty much have 31 years of being single behind me. I have dated the worst, the best and the…well I don’t know what to call them really…behind me. So I will continue to use this category, just more about advice and things I’ve learnt about dating over the years.
For my piece of advice I am going to repost a post of mine, because this an important one! What we leave behind
When you are single you need to be able to have something “fun” and when you have someone in your life, doesn’t matter if it’s a boyfriend or a “lover” (I always say that word funnily). Do not let someone like this determine how good you’re getting it ~.^
I have been noticing lately that my posts have been a little bit depressing, I hate being mad and sad, I really do hate it, but hey, I can’t be perfect 100% of the time =P Something about birthdays that make me depressed, it’s not the getting older part. It’s the way that I always feel like something is missing from my birthdays. Either I get a whole pile of presents that make me feel guilty because I look at them and go “Do you people know me at all?” and you have to do something with them…
Anyways, there is this site that I love called “Oh My Disney” http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/
I love this site, they have so many types of Blogs based all on everything Disney related. One I reently happened to stumble upon was Belle’s Fashion tips.
It is really quite interesting, it takes a look at all of Belle’s fashion style and what she wears, but the main emphasis being on “be yourself” wear your style, your way. Go and have a look!