Well, as the title suggests it is International Tigers Day.
So let’s celebrate the day with some facts about the tiger.
- There are only roughly about 3,900 tigers left in the world.
- Since the beginning of the 20th century we’ve lost approx 95% of the tiger population.
- International Tigers Day created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
- India counts the number of wild tigers every four years.
- Please read more about TX2 vai this link. A conservation goal was set by the governments of the 13 tiger range countries. Too double the number of wild tigers by 2022 – the next Chinese year of the tiger.
- Although usually solitary animals. A group of Tigers
- There are more tigers being kept as pets, then there are in the wild.
Okay all these facts are depressing.