Finally my partner and I gave into our nerdy side and we saw the new “Avengers” movie “Age of Ultron”…I felt like I needed to write this, because it seems like during the press junkets, they are getting such a bad wrap and I want people to still see this movie. It just seems such a shame these days that social media can make or break a movie these days, instead of letting people to just…escape…
For a sequel movie (which I had to remind myself since so many of Marvels’ movies are now interlinked) it was great! I always have a little fear going into sequels, they tend to either be really great or they are really horrible. Now the other thing is though I haven’t yet seen any of the Captain America movies and you will definitely have to see those movies to get some of the references.
What I liked most about this movie is though it manages to show each character from a different angle, it gave a deeper showing of each characters motivations and background, without dragging away from the story. The movie kept moving and you didn’t even notice the “breaks”. That’s what I love most about movies the chance to escape from reality. When someone can do that and give the characters depth while still moving the story and plot along, I just think that is genius!
(Please click the image below to be taken to “Avengers: Age of Ultron” IMDB page)
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.