“The past should be left in the past”.
So with Full House coming back everyone I’ve been talking to has been really excited and can’t wait! Like with most tv reunion type shows, everyone is full of trepidation and anxiety, most people cannot wait, but are worried about the “let-down” too. There have been many televisions shows that have stopped and then come back many years later.
Unfortunately when you type in “Comeback tv shows” into Google, there was actually a television show called “The ComeBack”.
One that I have actually been really enjoying lately is “The Odd Couple”starring Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon. I’m actually finding it to be really good, I didn’t think that it could work in this day and age…I was pleasantly surprised.
What shows are you looking forward to see coming back?
(And now for something completely different)
Over the last couple of weeks I have been re-watching a classic 90’s tv show called “Babylon 5”. It is without a doubt one of my most favourite shows, I haven’t been able to buy it myself as it’s very rare and it seems very expensive to buy. It’s one of those shows that every couple of years I re-watch the entire series and I always see something new or realise how much I have forgotten since the last time I watched it.
It’s quite a complicated science fiction and quite unique in how it was filmed. The writers had written the entire series before even staring to film, so in this way they were able to shoot events that they knew would end up tying bits of the show together. They would have “Flash Forwards” were in the present, the characters (and the viewers) would see things that would not be happening until further into the series. So before they started filming, they already knew what the outcomes would be.
Awards presented to Babylon 5 include:
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Individual Achievement in Special Visual Effects, 1993 (The Gathering)
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Individual Achievement in Hairstyling for a Series , 1994 (episode, “The Parliament of Dreams“)[
- Hugo Award: Best Dramatic Presentation, 1996 (episode, “The Coming of Shadows“)
- Hugo Award: Best Dramatic Presentation, 1997 (episode, “Severed Dreams“)
- Saturn Award: Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series, 1998
- Space Frontier Foundation Award: Vision of the Future, 1994
- Space Frontier Foundation Award: Vision of the Future, 1996
- E Pluribus Unum Award: (Presented By American Cinema Association), 1997.
(A clip of my two favourite characters from the show).