This or That? #91
This week Bookmark Chronicles would like to know:
If your favorite author released a surprise novel today, how likely are you to buy it?
Buying it for sure ~
Very likely ~ Somewhat likely ~ Not likely – Not buying it
I am totally buying it!
Especially at the moment, I was sooooooo lucky this Christmas and my brother bought me a Dymocks $100 gift certificate. I’ve already bought a couple of books with it, and I couldn’t definitely afford another one. Since it’s already been my birthday and it’s not close enough to ask for it for Christmas, I would definitely be getting it when it comes out. I don’t think that I could not buy it to be honest,lol
Share Your World … Week 40
- Why did you start blogging?
- I honestly started Blogging because of a school project, we had to create some kind of different form of social media and communication. That wasn’t either Facebook or Twitter. We had a good amount of other sites we could have chosen, but I went with WordPress and the rest, as they say, is history.
- A piece of clothing you still remember?
- I remember my very first “skort”. If you don’t know what a “skort” is, it’s a skirt that had a pair of shorts underneath, and it was pink. I loved it, but because my Mum did not think it was fashionable enough, she wouldn’t always wash it. My mum used to not wash things of mine if she didn’t like, or very rarely. I think she felt as a single mother that she had to put a certain “look” forward otherwise people would question whether or not she was coping being a single mother.
- Who are you trying to reach with your blog?
- I’m not really trying to reach a group or a someone. I feel like this is my safe space, this Blog has made me feel a lot more safer, a lot more confident in what I’m thinking. I guess you might even say that I am trying to reach myself, trying to reach what makes me “me”. Everyone is on that kind of a journey. I just like to learn and share things along the way. I feel like, on here, I am being reached.
- Is there a stuffed animal in your bedroom?
- Some people may say that for a 32 year old I have too many stuffed animals in my room! I have slowly been getting rid of them over the last couple of years, and some are in “storage” for my children, later on. Most of the stuffed animals I have, I’ve had since childhood and my teenage years, I’d say 90% of them. Stuffed animals are just great for hugging, and I am extremely private person. I don’t like people worrying about me, especially if they are not the ones that hurt me, so I’ll cry or yell into my stuffed animals.
- The best birthday present ever?
- I’m not honestly sure that I can say I have received the best birthday present ever yet. Birthdays are not my favourite things, they tend to disappoint me. I have gotten some nice presents, but I’m not sure I can honestly say that I’ve received a great one. When I first saw this question, nothing really stuck out in my head. I have had some fantastic birthday parties though! Those has been fun, especially my 30th, I wish I could do that every year…If I was rich, I would do it as well.
- What would surprise me about you?
- I’m not sure what would honestly surprise people, I’m a pretty open book. I think what would surprise people is how much I’ve been through and what I know is inside of me and how much I fight every day just to feel normal. I told someone once a lot about what had happened to me and then couldn’t get over how nice I am after it all. My tolerance level for what others would consider “mean” and fight back against, seems to be different to a lot of people? One ex, for example, I ended up helping a lot of the girls he cheated one me with, to help get over him. He had made them feel like he was going to break up with me for them, and then he never did. Yet, could not figure why they got so upset with him when he started dating someone else entirely. Things like that, I felt really bad for them, whereas most girls would think they deserve to feel the heartbreak he caused them. A lot had to do with I had accepted the fact that we were just going nowhere with the relationship, and I had been abused in a relationship before. So I felt like he wasn’t a bad person, he was just…an idiot,lol.
For the past couple of weeks I have been making wishes every 11:11, morning or night. While most people would probably suspect that I would be making a wish of getting my ex back. That’s not entirely true…My wish has been to wish for the strength to do the right thing and if that means I have to take a step that day to move forward, then I wish for that strength.
Is there anything that you would wish for that would surprise people?