Oh god, I am SO over entitled angry nerds!
For some reason, my partner decided to watch this guy who was rambling on about how the next Star Wars film had better make over $800 million and that the fans have warned them…Blah, blah, blah. Warned them…What?
Whatcha gonna do? Kill them? People are going to go and see these movies. They may not be as popular as the 70’s but you know what? So they shouldn’t be either! I think film makers are getting lazy these days.
But it just makes me angry that these angry nerds, do threats like that. Do they not even know how entitled they sound? I get not liking stuff, I don’t even really any of the newer Star Wars, but I wouldn’t go around saying “I’ve warned you”. If you think you can do better, than GO AND DO IT! Instead of whining from behind a screen, go and make a screen! … So to speak.
I literally had to ask my partner to turn it off, it sounded so whiny!
The world is starting to and definitely feels like it’s falling apart all around us and they are threatening film makers, because they wont go and do it themselves? At one point he was mad because he felt the last Directors (of course mainly angry at the female Directors *rolls eyes*) Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy wont apologise…
…For what, exactly?
Just because you choose not like something, does not mean, angry little nerds, that you are then owed an apology? I certainly didn’t expect after the disaster that was Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith…I mean they made “Darth Vader” probably the most well known villain in movie History, a whiny teenager -.- Now THAT was a disaster!
Did I send hate though? No? Was I still able to tell people I didn’t like it? Yes…Did I still go to the other films…Yes =D
So too all those angry nerds…Make this the year or either put up…or it’s time to shut up!
(Just posting here, I am not posting any spoilers … So please do not post any spoilers in the comments)
I’ll just start off by saying that yes, this another Star Wars: The Force Awakens (IMDb) post. The funny thing is I am not “fanatic” per-say, but I do enjoy the Star Wars (not the ones that were made in the 00’s … They were just truly horrible). I do have to say though that this new Star Wars is actually really pretty darn good. It is extremely relevant and very familiar to the originals, so if you are a fan of the originals, I would highly suggest that you go out and see it.
My favourite character in the whole film is definitely Finn (played by John Boyega). He has the right amount of fun, combined with the perfect element of cowardly heroism (trust me, you will get that reference). I can just see a whole new generation of little girls wanting to be like Rey (played by Daisy Ridley) and can see a lot of “Reys” at the next conventions.
The Force Just Got A Little Sparklier As These Disney Princesses Get A ‘Star Wars’ Makeover
You should definitely check this article out! Star Wars Disney Princesses make over =D (Pictures by Ralph Sevelius)
So today is going to be very interesting, my leg is feeling better BUT I have to do a lot of walking around today and I’m wondering how my leg is going to handle it today. Coffee Go!
So this week I will be renewing my passport, I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since I applied for it! Amazing! =D I’ve been looking at a lot of American things this week and I am so tempted to have a Halloween party, my favourite American holiday =D (I do like the pies though that they make for Thanksgiving =D) It was so long ago there is no “time hop” because Facebook wasn’t even around then…It was Myspace all the way! =D
I will be back one day!
What was happening though ten years ago during August of 2005.
- A little highly anticipated-to-fail film came out called “Batman Begins” starring Christian Bale.
- “TomKat” was a ‘new’ thing…Who could ever forget that couch hopping!
- Star Wars, Episode III came out enraging the whole of the entire planet!
- Carrie Underwood had won American Idol
- Kardashians was an unknown name.
Continuing with the theme of May the 4th I thought it was appropriate to write a little Blog on one of my favourite characters from Star Wars…Chewbacca!
Chewbacca (also known as Chewie) is most well known for being Hans Solo “right-hand” man in the Star War trilogies and is played by Peter Mayhew.
Chewbacca is from the planet/country Kashyyyk and helps Hans Solo to fly the Millennium Falcon. They fly around the other planets as “odd jobs” men. Chewbacca’s species are called “Wookiees” and they cannot speak English, instead they make a loud growls and grunt like noises. Chewbacca is actually named after a great warrior of his species called “Bacca”.
I even had the privilege of meeting him.
If you want to know more about this magnificent creature…Please check out the links below:
Chewbacca – Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
Okay so I’ve just recently turned 30…Happy Birthday to me! So I thought that I would share 30 facts with you, my blog readers =D Hopefully some will be unexpected:
- In nearly every single situation I prefer the bad guy over the good one. Except possibly not when it comes to Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I think it may be possible that those movies are the first that I prefer the good guys…Except for Iron Man.
- My best, best, BEST friend and I have known each other for more than half our lives and apart from my family she is the only other person to be in my life that long.
- I am one of those very annoying people that actually does like a bit of everything, music-wise
- Over probably the last 5 years I’ve started to realise that I am nothing like most of my friends. I have completely ways of seeing the world and it has made me feel incredibly lonely, BUT, I am meeting people now and am starting to believe in myself again.
- I am Doctor Who obsessed and I’ve started to watch the original series. People think that I know everything from the William Hartnell years, but I actually don’t.
- Ironically when I started my course to train to become a Librarian, I stopped reading. It’s only been since I started to volunteer at my local Library that I restarted again.
- While most people seem to freak out about rats, I have actually three pet rats and think that they are adorable (I still want a hamster, but they are illegal in Australia).
- I do things like meditation, reiki…I never try and force it down people’s throats though.
- I love to dance! Although I have not joined a local dance class or something like that, I have a lot of the dancing games on my xBox and I play them a couple of times a week.
- I don’t just have an xBox…I have an Star Wars xBox with a C3PO gold controller!
- I love watching Vlog’s, especially those ones of Cosplaying and am currently trying to set up one for this Blog!
- I love the crime channel and for the longest time I could not figure out why. I think it’s because I love that in all of the programs, they find their person and justice is done.
- Speaking of Justice, a role model of mine is Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, law and justice. When I was in High School, my ancient classical studies class was the only class I use to get A’s.
- I suffer from dyslexia and due to large classrooms, this went unnoticed through 99% of my schooling, until Year 12. Where my ancient classical studies teacher recognised and helped me. I know have exercises that help me cope. As annoying as it may be, I constantly I have to re-read everything.
- I am an animal lover, although not a vegetarian. When I was little my brother, cousins and I had a nature club and we took “care” of any animal that we could find. We found lizards, caterpillars, millipedes…Yes…everything!
- I have travelled overseas mainly to Arizona, I have also travelled to the UK. Once I get a well paying job I will be saving to go back there for at least one last time, for a long time. I don’t think it will be my very last time, but it will be for a long time.
- I love both coffee and tea…I have been experimenting with different teas and coffees this year, it has been a good time!
- I am organising my 30th party while I am writing this…I get really stressed out organising parties.
- I am an Facebook ‘addict’ but one of my resolutions to stay off of Facebook once a week, has been helping and I find that I am getting stuff done!
- Over the last year I have been changing, getting rid of and acquiring new things, so that I can have a more “grown up” bedroom. I think I have more toys (statues, figurines) than I ever have before!
- Before I started my studies I was a call centre operator, but I never ever want to do it again!
- Out of all my thirty years I have found this past year I have learnt the most about myself and have noticed huge changes for myself.
- I am more happier being single than when I am in a relationships. I seem to have more fun!
- I am more of a dog person than a cat person, but I love kittens!
- Apart from this year I have been back-stabbed about two weeks before my birthday parties. You can imagine how happy I am that this year didn’t happen!
- I think this year is definitely the year that I have learnt “It’s more important to have a few true friends than a lot of fake acquaintances”.
- I cannot stand romantic comedy movies, the only one I have ever enjoyed was “Love Actually”. I enjoy actual comedies, musicals and LOVE action films!
- Although I am a huge Disney fan I am probably the most realist idealist you will ever meet. Probably why I am still single, I’ve noticed a lack of honesty, compassion and open-mindedness these days. Which are probably the three most important values in any relationship.
- I am girl who does not love chocolate! Give me a packet of chips any day, I have to be in the mood for chocolate…Shocking, I know!
- Although I have just spent this past year trying to remodel my room and make it more ‘adult’ I have just gotten a whole tonne of presents which I have no clue what to do with!