16. The simple things in life
It really truly is, I have always believed in that.
It really truly is the simple I am most grateful for, they keep you happy and more importantly they keep you completely sane. Even if it’s just “hiding out” in your home for a couple of days and doing absolutely nothing.
I think in this day and age there is so much competition. Competition for the best:
Life to Work ratio
Social Media profiles
Sometimes I honestly believe that are trying to be everything and have the best of everything, that we just simply forget how to be us.
Some of my favourite simple things are:
- Having that cup of coffee with something small and chocolatey
- Having a bath, even if I only spend 5 minutes in it
- Not having to go anywhere, or do anything for at least two days in a row
- Playing nearly any video for a couple of hours and not thinking of much else
- Any time and any where that I can cuddle with my dog or cat.
- Watching LotR, Hobbit or any of my favourite musicals, in the dark, creating atmosphere, eating popcorn…In fact I might do that tonight!