Recently I visited my local Library on the Thursday and I borrowed out the three books that I had placed on hold (I couldn’t fit them all in my book bag). I started reading one of them and I realised that it was not really an novel, it was more a book with explanations of materials in the actually series of books. I’ve started reading it but I realised that I was just reading it more for a casual type reading.
It made me wonder are there other books that people read, just casually? Do you read books “casually” too. What I mean by “casually” is that it’s not a book you dislike or even find boring, but you are probably going to read it once and that’s it. Instead of reading it all at once, you find that you are reading it in bits and pieces over time. You don’t really find a reason to read it all at once. Maybe a book of poetry or short stories that you read every now and then.
Do you have books that you read just casually?
I should probably start off with this one and saying that this is not a “sexy” secret desire type post.
I want to chat…if you will…about secret desires that we have and we don’t necessarily share them because we are worried about what people will think. Nothing sinister either…Maybe I should explain.
One of my “secret desires” is too be a housewife. I love to make meals and I love to clean, it is amazing how fast the day goes when you’re cleaning and making meals from scratch. I’ve also though wanted to run a business from home as well. I’ve seen so many amazing people running craft types of businesses at home, but I just do not believe in myself to make it happen. In this day and age you definitely have to be doing some sort of work. Take even my Instagram, for example, I cannot figure out a “theme” or some kind of system. I also get embarrassed taking photos of myself. I’ve got a tonne, but none that anyone would see!
As the title suggests, today is World Kindness Day. So let’s talk about what we can do for others and what do you think is kindness?
Too me kindness is just being understanding and understand that every other single human person on this planet comes with a different background and different story. You may not agree, but try to at least understand. Kindness is also very important when it comes to ourselves as well. We can our own worst enemies on a lot of occasions.
Let’s not be kind for just one day though, let’s be kind every day…It certainly feels tough to be kind in this environment. Let’s try though!
What do you do to be kind? What are your thoughts about kindness?
This whole week has been World Mental Health week and I am so happy to see so many people sharing their experiences and their help and their solutions…But mostly importantly….We’ve shared loved together…and how rare is that these days!
So I wanted to share with you a video in tribute to the one and only Robin Williams…He was always very honest with his struggles and I am actually writing a post at the moment about this show called “Autopsy” and they look at what happened to Robin Williams…What he was going through…He was the last person on this earth who deserved to go through what he went through.
Now having him a mental health hero has caused a lot of controversy because…well he died…BUT! When you know what was going on with him…Too me he still is a Hero…I still miss him…
Just watching “My Little Pony” as one grown adult does.
It occurred to me that when you don’t know me very well I am very much Flutter-shy…Those who know me well though say I’m more like Pinkie Pie.
My question today is if you could take two completely different characters from a book or a tv show, to represent your “me vs me” traits…Which two would they be and why?
“me vs me”
Share Your World … October 2, 2017
If you were given the opportunity to ride in a helicopter would go?
No! I get air sickness as it is. I can’t imagine my anxiety would much better either on a Helicopter either. Oh this sounds like a terrible idea! Let’s not do that idea!lol
What are some of your favorite type of proteins to eat? (meat, seafood, eggs, soy, cheese, nuts)
Can I say all of them? =D It’s my favourite food group! If I had to choose something for the rest of my life, it would have to be seafood. The rest I enjoy and to have to find something else to cook that isn’t meat would be hard for a bit. I would miss seafood though.
What would be your preference, awake before dawn, at dawn, or awake before noon?
Oh that’s made me think, it also depends on how well I’ve slept the night before. I actually have no problem with waking before Dawn as long as I’ve slept well. I would definitely would want to be awake before Noon, that’s way to long of a sleep! I’d probably end up with a huge headache.
What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
My own brain has inspired me this week. It’s fighting this week, it really truly is. It’s been one of those weeks where I just feel hopeless, but my mind keeps going, it keeps fighting.
*Edit* I am so sorry! I do not know what’s going on lately, but I swear that I am scheduling things and then they just keep popping up everywhere, anywhere they feel like!
It is SO hard these days to ignore the social media “craze” and the hold that it has over all people of all ages, races, gender, background…the list goes on. It is important to note here though that not everyone in the world has a computer or a “smart phone”. It is easy to understand though why people find it so hard to take themselves off of it, some struggle even not being apart of it for only hours and minutes at a time.
I made a promise to myself about a year ago, that at least once a week I was going to come off all my social media pages. Which I can say that I do and it’s easy. Although to be honest it isn’t that hard, there are a lot of negative and horrible people on their. They definitely do help me get fed up with it easier and they make me want to come off.
There are SO many benefits from coming off of social media, even for just one day. I can also say that I find it easily to spend days off of places like Facebook and Instagram so much easier these days for my longer than a day. I find that once you start making something apart of your routine and you keep it up, whether that be keeping something in or out. It just starts to become easier after a while.
However, I also think that you need something else to keep yourself occupied, especially those first few times that you do something. Below I have written a few things that I found kept me from getting on social media. If you have any please, free to share!
- Read,read,read…and did I mention, Read…Taking time off from social media is definitely a good time to get caught up with your reading. If you are anything like me, once I start reading I tend to just keep going. Especially if it’s a book that I’m interested in.
- I also love to play video games, so that is a good time.
- I tend to do more things like mediating and doing more yoga when I take myself off. It gives me to properly sit and meditate and clear my mind. Although my Gran did say that you should be able to meditate anywhere, if you are doing it properly.
- I do a LOT more walking, by myself and with my dog. Even if I’m walking to the local supermarket. I’m more likely to walk and get my food, rather than order it online…Save a lot of money!
- Cleaning out my closets…Just this past week I have gotten rid of about nearly 10 blouses/shirts that I haven’t worn in a couple of years (I’ve had most of them for years, it’s just been the couple of years since I hurt my leg, I’ve put on weight) I have gotten so much more space now, it’s great! Room for more…Just kidding ~.^
- Of course it gives me a lot more time for writing Blog posts and just the general writing for fun that I like to do.
I thought that I would start this new Category of “Learn something new every day (or week). I thought since I am always preaching about learning something new every day, I thought that I’d start sharing something new that I’ve learnt during the week. I could try posting something every day, but we all know that I could NEVER keep that up! Now, you may be aware of what I write about, but to me it’s new and to others it could be as well. I encourage everyone to share what they know about what I write about.
Welcome to my very new post of “Learn something new every week”!
I wanted to start off with happy facts, since it’s been such a weird couple of weeks and it seems like there has been very little happiness out there lately.
Did you know that Cat’s don’t generally meow to each other? They generally only meow to human beings. When they “speak” with each other it’s generally through eye contact, body language and smell.
Meowing and Yowling – ASPCA
I would love to share ideas with you all, ladies and special ladies alike…What would your “dream girls night in” entail?
You seen it’s been a rough year for a lot of my girlfriends. I’m not talking about your usual break ups and cheating hearts. Too of my girls have had horrible health issues one found a huge cancer (which has now been taken out and they think they got it all). The other had a heart attack, both of these girls are younger than me.
So I have been thinking about having a ladies night! But having the night in, so we can just sit and chat and just have a bit of fun in a safe environment. I have a few ideas, but I would really love to share ideas around. I would also definitely have to have healthy snacks and such. We would probably watch Magic Mike *nods head*
Here are some of my ideas, please share your own ideas!
- Everyone can wear their pyjamas if they so wish, or some chilled/relax clothing.
- Thinking of some fun little accessories, too take selfies with clearly.
- Disney,LoTR, Harry Potter and comedies playing in the background.
- We HAVE to have healthy snacks and drinks.
- Party bags with goodies.
- Games…but what games?!
- I will probably bring out some of my favourite plushies.
Christmas! I know, I know! I am that terrible that is reminding people of things they don’t want to think about at the moment.
Now you may be asking yourself…but it’s the 24th today, not the 25th…Has the Library gone crazy? Not all…It is five months from today until Christmas, Christmas Eve…The last day of shopping! Possibly one of the craziest days of the year! All that last minute shopping…Those last “spare presents” for people who buy you something, but you have nothing for them!
Why am I bringing this up now?
Let’s talk about handy hints, so it’s not as crazy around Christmas time and you can actually relax a bit more around the holiday times. You have to start early! I am going to list some suggestions that I do that helps with Christmas times.
- Usually I started putting something away each fortnight at the beginning of June. It can be 10 dollars or even up too 50 dollars.
- Then around August I start getting little bits and pieces.
- For my mum, dad, brother and anyone that I’m dating I’ll buy three presents. Two can be little fun things, that are not too expensive. The third one is a bit more expensive and is something they have actually asked for.
- I also have to take into account that, on one side of my family we do a “Secret Santa” thing and the most we’re supposed to spend is $50.00
- You can get some great deals after Christmas (not all things have to happen before). Wrapping paper, cards…trees, are usually cheaper after the holidays. That way you are prepared for the next year as well. I usually buy another roll of wrapping paper after Christmas. Even if I haven’t run out that year.