I’m just casually wondering if any of you have a “season rule”. What I mean by this, for example. Too me it isn’t really “Spring” until I can go at least 4-5 days without wearing a cardigan or jumper. As I write this the weather the last couple of days (over the weekend basically) were beautiful. Then today, Monday, it feels like we’re back in Winter. So it means to me to not worry about my cooler wearing clothes for a little longer. If any of that makes sense? I have to different draws for my tops. One is for the warmer weather tops and the other is for the colder weather tops.
Here’s Our Questions for This Week’s SYW:
What Is Your Favorite Beverage? (for those who really dislike “favorite” questions, hey, time to time, one just pops in and will not be denied).
I go through phases where I’ll like and be almost obsessed with drinking just the one type of beverage. At the moment it’s Lemon, Lime and Bitters. I think it’s because it’s definitely (too me) a fun Spring type drink.
What Is Your Interpretation of ‘The Golden Rule”? Are there ramifications to breaking it?
I believe that the “Golden Rule” means ultimately what you think of “how you treat others” is. Do you believe in Karma, do you believe to treats others how you’d want to be treated, or does it not matter to you? I recently wrote a blog post about Karma and how you shouldn’t expect Karma to go the way you want.
Sunrise person or sunset person?
I am both…Although I have only seen the sunrise, maybe once or twice in my whole life. It’s funny because since I’ve had my anxiety attack I hate seeing the sun gone down now. I feel better when the sun is up.
Do people in modern society anthropomorphize animals too much?
I think we do, but I also think that it can’t be helped. Some of the videos on YouTube, they seem SO like us. I think it’s what gets animals into trouble as well though. Naive ones amongst us forget that they are animals. Even the pet dog and cat, they are still animals. With a whole bunch of different instincts and feelings.
What Were You Grateful For During the Past Week?
I’m grateful for all the sane people in my life,lol
*I thought that this Law in Germany is quiet interesting, considering what’s happened the past week*
In Germany they have a very strict law regarding certain symbols, that have been very present by a certain group of people in the US.
Breaking the Law down:
(1) Whoever domestically disseminates or produces, stocks, imports or exports or makes publicly accessible through data storage media for dissemination domestically or abroad, means of propaganda:
- 1. of a party which has been declared to be unconstitutional by the Federal Constitutional Court or a party or organization, as to which it has been determined, no longer subject to appeal, that it is a substitute organization of such a party;
- 4. means of propaganda, the contents of which are intended to further the aims of a former National Socialist organization,
shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine. […]
(3) Subsection (1) shall not be applicable if the means of propaganda or the act serves to further civil enlightenment, to avert unconstitutional aims, to promote art or science, research or teaching, reporting about current historical events or similar purposes. […]
- 1. domestically distributes or publicly uses, in a meeting or in writings (§ 11 subsection (3)) disseminated by him, symbols of one of the parties or organizations indicated in § 86 subsection (1), nos. 1, 2 and 4; or
- 2. produces, stocks, imports or exports objects which depict or contain such symbols for distribution or use domestically or abroad, in the manner indicated in number 1,
shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine.
(2) Symbols, within the meaning of subsection (1), shall be, in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting. Symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for those named in sentence 1 shall be deemed to be equivalent thereto.
(3) The exceptions from §86 subsection (3) and (4) apply accordingly.
This means that the symbols that were proudly placed around the “protests” in Charlottesvilles in America last week, are actually illegal in the country from where they originated from. They take it VERY seriously as well. They do not mess around with these symbols in Germany.
Yes! I strongly believe that there are rules one needs to follow when Reading. This rules mainly apply to those who are new to reading, especially when you are an adult and are interesting in reading again. As well as some rules for anyone who reads regularly.
- Never make yourself read if you’re not willingly to, it doesn’t matter if the novel is popular or you’ve been reading the series. If you’re not ready, you are not ready.
- Make sure that you give yourself at 3 hours a week of quiet reading time a week. Even if it’s an hour before bed.
- Personally I find that I can never read with only half an hour before bed, because I get too involved and then go to bed late.
- Read during work lunch breaks. It’s amazing even with only 30 minutes for lunch, how much of a break for your mind that is.
- If you do read at work, make sure it’s a book you are enjoying. Otherwise, feeling frustrated and disappointed during work, can make your work day seem worse.
What about yourself readers? Do you have any rules or suggestions when it comes to reading?
I found an extremely interesting article: Goebbels’ former Nazi secretary has no regrets about her role in WWII
To break the article down, Brunhilde Pomsel was the former secretary of Joseph Goebbles, Reich Minister of Propaganda. In the article Brunhilde expresses how she had no regrets about her secretarial role, she was, in fact flatter.
(This is why you should all read the article)
The next part explained from Brunhilde herself (105 years old by the way). That it was part of the Propaganda’s “charm”…
“I know no one ever believes us nowadays – everyone thinks we knew everything. We knew nothing, it was all kept well secret.”
“Those people nowadays who say they would have stood up against the Nazis – I believe they are sincere in meaning that, but believe me, most of them wouldn’t have,” Pomsel said.
“The whole country was as if under a kind of a spell. I could open myself up to the accusations that I wasn’t interested in politics but the truth is, the idealism of youth might easily have led to you having your neck broken.”
I have to say…I believe her. I think about the media today, the people who are in control today and those people who are willingly to just believe anything a particular candidate says…Without saying anything. I read through the comments of a woman who railed racist abuse at an Spanish family. If you read the headline, you’d think this woman was randomly insane…HOWEVER (and I do not condone racism in any form.) She was yelling at this family because they had left their dog in the car on a 90+ degree day.
Ignoring what this woman said, which she apologised later for, and why she got upset. Throughout all the comments there were different news articles “proving” what the commenter or poster believed to be correct. How can you believe what really happened, when there are SO many different article saying different things? Fact vs Opinion – Lolsys Library
Does this article strike a chord with you? Can you think of any situation where this may be true these days?
So last night I went out a date with the “guy”…(I really should give him a nickname…Sir, I’ll call him “Sir” He is a Sir =D). We’ve pretty much just been going out, but not hanging out if that makes sense. So I brought it up if he minded us going slowly. I think sometimes I forget (and others too) that only a couple of days before I decided to try out the online dating scenes I got into the last major fight with my ex.
I probably should have given myself more time, but I didn’t expect to actually meet someone. At the same time though, I have not a single doubt that that is the reason I need to take things slowly. I can feel in my heart that it’s very broken and it feels like trying to stick steel back together again. But it sticking back together, not exactly as it was of course, but it is.
Anyways we had “the talk” last night and I walked away very happy from it. I think he actually really listened to why I needed to take things slowly and he is actually in the same boat as me. I don’t know if he had a fight with his ex two days before he went on the online dating site, but he’s tired of being hurt too. So we are actually both wanting to take it slowly. It was such a good conversation and I am so glad that I brought it up, he really listens to me.
I am really glad that I’ve met him =)