Recipe – Nurture Thursday
I am going to get a little lame here…
2 Tablespoons of humanity
2 Tablespoons of Listening
1 Tablespoon of understanding
1 Tablespoon of Compassion
1 Tablespoon of Self-Love (it’s alright if it spills a little bit more every now and then).
Break for one day
Roll yourself back together…Remember to not spread yourself out too thinly.
My birthday is in April, so I’m hoping to do a lot of fun goals…But I have to do some serious work too!
(Seriously you would not it’s Autumn here at the moment…It’s 96.8 F today! = 36 C)
- Find some low cholesterol recipes…I went to the doctors and my cholesterol is a bit high, so over the next month they want me to lower it. It has been amazing after that and looking at the actual packaging on food, how much sodium there is in everything! I need to sit down and look up/write some recipes.
- I’ve decided that I’m going to have a “slumber pj movie night” for my birthday, it’s going to be held in the first weekend of May.
- For my birthday I am going to look into having a “make your own smoothie” bar, since I can’t really drink. See how I can have movies and games at the same time.
- Maybe…Maybe looking at hiring outdoor furniture for my partners house for my birthday…Maybe…
- Look for a frame that will fit 4 A4 size pictures in…Maybe ask for one for my birthday,lol
- Try Winter jeans/pants on, make sure that they still fit.
- Too finish “Lord of Shadows” and write up a review
- I would love to get away with my partner. There’s this little beach town that I love in my state and I have always wanted to stay there overnight, it’s perfect Summer weather and a perfect Summer beach town. I just have to convince him!
We did do it and it was really quiet nice. We went to a little beach-town over Australia Day and it was lovely. We did about 4 or 5 different walks at different times of the day. I am so happy that we did it as well. It wasn’t even too busy because the media had reported it was going to be 41. It ended up being 38 and that wasn’t even until the last couple of hours before sunset. Most of the day it had cloud covering.
- I’m reading a few books while I’ve got some time off before the busy season starts at my work place. See a review coming soon!
I “kind” of did this one. By that I mean instead of writing an review for one book I compared two books. Written in the same genre, and both the second book in a series instead. I found it really interesting. I’ve never really done that before and it made me look at the books differently as well. I think it takes a lot more work comparing rather than writing up a single review. You have to consider and reconsider both books.
You can read “Take 2” here.
- I want to get a few things set up before I really start back up at work. Like a meditation space etc.
I have got a couple of things set up for it and not having the other things hasn’t stopped me from meditation though. It’s more like it would just be a nice thing to have a proper space set up.
- Make lasagne…from scratch! I love it and I want do it, but I’ve never done it before!
Yeah I should have known this one wasn’t going to happen. I have been cooking things, mainly slow cooked meals from scratch and some different types of bakes. I’m starting to think that making lasagne from scratch is more of a Winter meal,lol
First it was Koala Bear, now it’s Fairy Toast…Oh America, what will we do with you?
Americans have managed to get fairy bread all wrong
By the way we don’t usually have Fairy Bread for breakfast, but I am kind of tempted now!
I just want to start off by saying that I totally and utterly 100% “stole” this from Tea & Scandal, Canada…Please go and check them out! I promise they will make you both thirsty and hungry.
Tea Influenced Doughnuts
Who is going to try them all…and then feed me!?
We are now going through the middle of Winter and it is cold and I am not very good during the cold weather and I have been looking at some lovely hot, steamy drinks…So I am going to share some of them I am planning on making this Winter, I just have to figure out the amount that these recipes makes: What are some of your favourite Winter beverage recipes? any family favourites or classics?
Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe
Mulled Wine *looks SO easy to make!*
Easy Nutella Dessert
You heard me right! Ice-Cream French Toast … I am definitely going to have try this one! Watch this space…
Ice-Cream French Toast – Video
…Well not exactly yet, except it’s no another 354 days until the next Halloween again … Already there’s Christmas every where, well actually I could have sworn that they started advertising it as early as September. We’re not big on Halloween here in Australia, I even bought treats for the trick and treaters…We had none, yeah I was disappointed…We have so much chocolate! I don’t even like chocolate that much,lol. (I was Miss Beetlejuice)
I hope that you all had a fun and, more importantly, safe Halloween…I know that America is where Halloween originated from, but I’m unsure as to what other countries may celebrate it. The other one that I am aware of is Day of the Dead, celebrated largely through Mexico.
So I thought that I’d share a few photos with you from my weekend. One of the foods that I made that was such a hit and I would definitely make it again is Candy Corn Popcorn…It is really sweet and extremely easy to make!
Recipe for Candycorn Popcorn
500 grams Candy Corn
225 grams white chocolate melts
1 Bag popped popcorn (flavour is up to you…I choose Johnnys Sweet &Salty)
- Place the popped popcorn and candy corn in a very large bowl (you’ll need plenty of room to stir popcorn).
- Melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted. OR Heat a small saucepan of water to boil, bring down to a simmer, place a small glass bowl on top of saucepan (making sure that it doesn’t fall in) and place white chocolate into glass bowl, watching and stir as it melts.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and candy corn and stir to coat each piece of popcorn.
- Pour the mixture over wax paper and spread into an even layer.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Break into pieces
We have just started Spring here in the land down under and this week in particular has been a scorcher! Also this year I have been getting more into cooking and such. I mean I’ve always been able to cook to survive type thing, but I am not a big lover of the kitchen!
However this year when I have gotten something stuck in my head to make, it usually has been staying in there until I either focus on something else (which guaranteed for me is pretty easy), or I make it. Since it’s been SO hot this weekend, I have literally been draining, I decided to make something I can never seem to find in my local supermarkets…Pink Lemonade
This was probably the best recipe that I found and it was really simple to make as well….Old Fashioned Pink Lemonade…The only thing is I used mostly lemon juice from a bottle (bad me, I know)…Otherwise be prepared to use and squeeze a LOT of lemons…I am not exaggerating, I mean a lot! It was really sweet and quite refreshing though, I highly recommend it
Watch this space for more cool recipes…I really want to make a “Jelly Cake” next =D I think that would fun for Spring!
I have been very creative in the kitchen lately, which for me, is rare. I am normally a “cook-to-survive” type person, not a “cook-for-fun” person.
This is a great site! Visit there site via the link or view them via their Twitter page. They send free and discount books in your favorite genres to your inbox daily. Made for Kindles and Nooks.