- Abby Borden was not Lizzie Borden’s mother, she was her step-mother.
- Abby was found to have been killed first, with 19 blows. Andrew Borden was killed second, with 10-11, but half his face was gone.
- Lizzie Borden’s jury consisted of 12 men.
- Although Lizzie was found “Not Guilty” she was ostracised by society.
- There have always been rumours that Andrew and Lizzie had a incestuous “relationship”.
- Modern techniques have found more, evidence to suggest that it was Lizzie Borden who committed the murders:
The Lizzie Border Murder Mystery: History Channel
- Fingerprint testing was in it’s infancy stages at the time of the murder, but police did not trust it and therefore never used this technique during their investigations.
- You can stay at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast. I don’t know why you’d want to, but you can,lol. Guests can tour the property at 92 Second Street, watch an annual dramatisation of the events, stay overnight in the bedrooms originally occupied by Lizzie, Emma and their parents, and even enjoy the same breakfast the family shared on the morning of August 4, 1892.