What does DNF stand for?
Did Not Finish – In relations to books, it means, for whatever reasons, you did not finish the reading the book.
I am actually in that predicament right now, and I have been before, but not for such a popular book. Like, I am really struggling! I bought the book instead of borrowing it from the Library, like I normally would and I am just struggling.
Share Your World, 22-4-19
This Week’s Questions:
- Was the last thing you read digital or print? I’m actually reading two things at the moment. One is a biography by Leonard Nimoy called “I Am Spock”. The first bio that I’ve enjoyed in a while. The second is Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare, I was so excited for this one and I am really struggling with it.
- Are you more an extrovert or introvert? Oh definitely an Introvert, probably why I enjoy Blogging so much. Once you get to know me I am more of an extrovert, but not by much. Introvert by heart, always.
- How is your life different from what you imagined as a younger person? I thought I’d be married by now with children. Steady job, with a house. I can’t remember or not if I thought that I was going to be married to a “Prince William” type or not. I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately. I do not want to be a 50 year old first time mother.
- Do you think about dying? Does death scare you? Why or why not? This is a loaded question! I have actually been thinking about it a lot lately. Like the question it’s just something that keeps coming up again and again. It does and doesn’t scare me, I’m scared about how I’m going to go. Will I have something horrible and long winded, will I be alone, or will I have family and loved ones around? I’m not religious, but I think I will see loved ones on the other side. I’ve told my partner that I’m going first though,lol
I found this interesting challenge and did it myself. I’m offering these questions as a gratitude challenge for those who care to do it. You can answer in text or photo. (I’ll be sharing these in a different post)
Why 25 March?
The 25th of March is the date of the downfall of the Lord of the Rings (Sauron) and the fall of Barad-dûr. It has been organised by the Tolkien Society since 2003 to encourage fans to celebrate and promote the life and works of J.R.R. Tolkien by reading favourite passages
Regarding a lot of my posts lately, I have been feeling like I want to add more, but the quote sums it up perfectly.
Is this below table, actually true? Now I have never lied about reading or not reading a book, but I find this an odd thing to lie about? For example, I have no interest in reading 1984, but I wouldn’t lie about it either.
This post is just a quick run through of my Goodreads profile for 2018 and what I have done, reading wise for the year. This isn’t a complete accurate overview, there were some books I read as part of Blog Challenges, that I did not always put onto my Goodreads list.
Lolsy’s Library – Goodreads 2018
Some of my achievements:
Have you met your goals yet?
So…I made a boo-boo! Well actually I didn’t intend too…It just sort of happened…
I put all these books on hold at my Library and they all seemed to be new books or very popular ones so I was not expecting them all at once…
They all came in at once…
I could not believe what I was seeing and reading.
These families being tear gassed, the pictures of those children crying.
I had to sign off on Twitter yesterday…All these MAGA “Christians” How can they SEE these pictures of children running from the tear gas and say such horrible things? HOW! I get the delusion…How can they say the children deserve this? The parents are using them for shields? They knew they were coming! How are the parents supposed to know they were going to get tear gassed! Who’d think America would do that?
I’ve been reading a lot of other people’s mid year wrap up and I thought it’d be a fantastic idea for myself to take a look back at this first part of the year, reflect, and then look at what I can do for the rest of the year.
Reading – Reading wise I have been really good in that department. I think that giving myself the challenge of reading a certain amount of books this year. Then putting my goal onto Goodreads, has been able to help me focus. Most of the year so far, I have been able to keep on track. At the moment I’ve currently read 12 out of 24 books, so I am on track still. I originally had it has just 12…a book a month…The reason I changed though was because I just kept reading at the time. It was the beginning of the year, I had all these new books. I was on holidays, so I read a lot. I have actually read more than that, for example, I am not going to put all the books that I’m reading from the Agatha Christie on my Goodreads profile. So I’m actually ahead. I haven’t reread any books so far either, because I’ve had a lot of other things to read.
Anxiety – Anxiety wise I have been really well. I’ve only had one week where I felt like I was falling off, but then I had a good cry and I felt so much better. Than it occurred to me that I have not cried since I ended up in hospital. I’ve been trying to keep it all together, sometimes you just have to let it go. I have been finding things that do work for me and what doesn’t.
What does work:
- No coffee
- No alcohol
- Back up plans ie if the power goes out…Books to read, crafts to do, exercises, series downloaded, food to cook from scratch – computer, usbs etc.
Side Projects – I have been getting together over the last month or so, projects that I have finally decided to do. I’ve got candle making things, polymer clay thing. I’ve also got bought card making materials. I made Christmas Cards last year and everyone loved them, they took me so long to make, but people like them. Whether they were just trying to be nice or not, doesn’t matter…As I have decided to continue with this.
The Rest of the Year:
- I actually have something coming out next week, that I am excited/nervous about. I’ve been getting things ready for it. Some of the things have not turned up, but I’ve decided to go ahead with it anyway. I figure everything else will come together.
- I am hoping to get at least my L’s for driving! I’ve already taken the theory test once and although I failed. I hate tests, I suck at tests. I need to do something before I take the test.
- Reading wise I am not going to change my number of books that I am currently reading on Goodreads. Two books a month is going really well for myself.
- Anxiety wise. I am seeing my Doctor soon and making a mental health plan. Which means that I am going to be seeing a therapist more regularly. I’ve been doing quiet well, but I want someone to talk too about it, without feeling like I’m putting everything on my family and friends and bothering them.
- I AM going to make more of a routine of doing Yoga and Mediation more. I have been slacking off and I have been feeling it!
- I have also decided since my viewership has being going up quite steadily. Right now it’s at 760ish…If I can it up to between 900-1000 by the end of the year…I am going to do a give away at the end of the year, after Christmas. So you can get an extra present!
As I start to read this book, I can’t help but admit a tinge of sadness when I realise that this book has neither Poirot or Miss Marple in it. However, I do feel as though I do actually know the characters Tommy and Tuppence. I have also realised that there is actually a tv series called “Partners in Crime” which are based on Tommy and Tuppence. I am sad though that this is not a Poirot or Miss Marple book though.
The book itself is beautifully written, it’s so full of what you expect of Agatha Christie, a completely peppy character and a sullen figure. As well as “totally did not see that coming”.
I think my negative impressions of this book are all on myself entirely. When I realised that neither Miss Marple of Poirot were in this book, it honestly did put me off a little. It made it more difficult for myself to read, because I wasn’t really interested in these two characters. There was nothing wrong with the characters, just that for myself. I was just not interested in it.
“The Body in the Library”
If you wish to learn more about the Agatha Christie Reading Marathon, please check This is my truth now – Agatha Christie Marathon
Although I do believe it’s pretty hard to read any Tolkien book in one day…Let’s do this!