Share Your World … May 22 2017
What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?
Oh wow, this is a good question! There is so much that I have not done yet that I really want too. Just even simple things, I would love to be brave enough to bleach my hair and dye it a bright red or a gorgeous purple. There are even simple things that I want too do that I have yet too do.
How often do you get a haircut?
This is a really good question, since my hair is probably at this moment right at the top of my behind, possibly a little below there. I don’t think I’ve cut it in months, I reckon it might even be around August last year. That was when I first developed my anxiety and I had a hard time just sitting and being patient. Now I’ve just gotten to the place where I can’t be bothered cutting it, but I need too. My hair keeps getting caught on doorknobs and things.
In regards to puzzle what’s your choice: jigsaw, crossword, word search or numeric puzzles?
I love a good word search. It really does get my attention focused.
How many cities have you lived? You can share the number of physical residences and/or the number of cities.
I guess that I lived in two altogether. The first is the city where I currently live at the moment, South Australia. The other city that I have mainly lived in was Arizona. I was dating someone from there, and the first time I went over there everyone thought that I was crazy. Now I look back and I can’t even believe that I did this. I don’t think that I could do it now.
I am a BIG believer in learning something new every single day…Literally a huge believer in it, so I decided to test my theory on this. I got the idea from Dave’s Corner of the Universe … When better to do it then the month of my birthday? A whole new year, another year around the sun…sigh…lol…Although this will be coming all in one full post, I will be posting about something new that I learned that day. Whether that be about myself, someone else or just some random fact…Enjoy! Let’s learn together…
For the Month of April…
- Too much Heinz spaghetti in one toastie, will explode in the sandwich toaster.
- Scientologist/Scientology….BLOW MY MIND! How it’s all legal, is beyond me. Watch Louis Theroux and Leah Remini series.
- I can feel the difference now when I drink coffee and when I drink black/earl grey tea. How it heightens and how coffee buzzes with my mind, which does not help anxiety. Try and stop drinking coffee for two weeks and see how you feel with that first cup of joe after two weeks.
- People do NOT read the letters they are given. Then honestly expect you to give them…oh I don’t know…Their thousands of dollars school course for free, because they’ve waited till the last minute to setup their fees…Since they’ve gotten the final letter saying they’ll be taken to the debt collectors…Like that’s our fault? How surprising it is to see just SO many people NOT pay fees. I couldn’t live with it!
- Ian McKellen was asked to play Dumbledore
- Alligators are apparently more “placid” than Crocodiles.
- Sometimes when you feel a cold or the flu coming on…Do everything! Stay Warm, drink lots of tea, have some Panadol and have lots of vitamin C I swear that it holds it off.
- Even a sip of off milk can hurt/upset your stomach…Do not ask! If you’re not sure, throw it out.
- Karula the magnificent Leopard is feared dead, as we haven’t seen her in such a long time. I never thought I could feel so much dread of an animal I have never met.
- Possible sympathy cold? Can you get those?
- Napoleon abdicated willingly and was exiled.
- If you work hard enough, you always get where you want in the end.
- Having two days in a row to do nothing is truly something I may have too treasure soon! I can always say no, but I wont want to for a while.
- Is there any chocolate any better than dark peppermint chocolate?
- I got to watch April the Giraffe give birth live!
- My body is capable of a lot, I just wish my mind could catch up!
- Weather is really weird, when it’s changing from season to season and I never know how many jackets or cardigans to carry with me.
- Slenderman is freaking freaky and I haven’t even played the game! (Watching “Fear the Slenderman“…The true story of the two young girls who attempted to kill their “friend” to appease the Slenderman)
- In 1770 Captain James Cook first sighted Australia.
- Gators the latest in bush-walking fashion.
- I don’t think Instagram is the place to talk about Equality, unless you fit that persons “box”.
- Not sleeping well two nights in a row (just can’t sleep) really makes you feel unwell. Then sleeping during the day makes it harder to sleep at night, again.
- I love that we are STILL finding things like these ancient Egyptian Tombs, it really is fascinating. Another piece of a puzzle!
- Emperor Penguins have 100 feathers per square inch.
- Lest We Forget
- I heard the best quote today “We have learnt our rights, but we have not learnt our responsibilities”.
- The 27th of 2017 is #safarilive and WildEarth 10th birthday of streaming live feeds of streaming live safari’s…PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT!
- In 1770 Captain James Hook, aboard the Endeavour ship, lands at Botany Bay in Australia.
- There is absolutely a reason why they have Warnings on the packets of headache/pain tablets, about not drinking alcohol after you’ve taken them…Don’t ask,lol
- I have always believed that animals have emotions, but I’m not sure who else agrees.
Share Your World … Week 17
When writing by hand do you prefer to use a pencil or pen?
It honestly depends on what I’m using the writing tool for. If it’s something where I might make a mistake, I try to write it in pencil first and then rewrite over in pen. Most of the time though I am writing in pen.
What’s your choice: jigsaw, word, maze or numeric puzzles?
I love to do word puzzles! I have an app on my phone at the moment, that’s an anagram game. Numeric puzzles are not my “thing” and I don’t mind maze and jigsaw puzzles, I just prefer a word puzzle.
Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself?
I prefer long hair, I’ve had long hair pretty much all of my life. It has been such a love/hate relationships with my hair. I am always getting compliments about my hair, but these days it takes a lot take care of it and it can get knotty really easily at the moment.
List five some of your favorite blogs.
- Compassion Kindness … I love reading the inspirational quotes every day. They bring a smile to my face. I tend to like every single thing they post.
- Musings from a Tangled Mind … Just reading all her relatable every day posts, makes me grin.
- The Orangutan Librarian … Definitely give this one a read! I can’t read them right now because they’ve written a post about Games of Thrones and I haven’t watched it yet.
- Bookmark Chronicles … Probably one of my favourite bloggers on here, very inspirational and thoughtful…Please check this one out!
- Upon Raven Wings … Beautifully written posts. Please have a read!
So last night I found this link and the group of puzzles really do honestly make your mind think! I know it’s probably really early in the morning for you all, but this will definetly get your mind thinking. Isn’t that what we all want on a Friday morning =D
DO NOT LOOK AT THE ANSWERS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!
I recently got into Benedict Cumberbatchs “Sherlock Holmes” (don’t ask me why it has taken me so long to get into it) but now that I have, I absolutely love it!
Then that had started me thinking about how I have loved pretty much every single Sherlock Holmes that I had ever seen. Whether this is because they have just been really lucky with the actors, or other reasons, either way I have loved every single one of them.
Robert Downey Junior -Sherlock Holmes
Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This week in countries that are in the care of Queen Elizabeth the Second are celebrating the Queens birthday, so this week you may find a certain “theme”…Can you guess what it might be?
Since this week will be full of Queen Blogs, I thought that I would write about some Disney Queens. Also since Queen Elizabeth is a nice Queen and not a nasty one, I decided to Blog about some of the nicer Queens of Disney. Which as you can imagine and if you know your Disney, the “nice” Disney Queens that do feature at all, are not well known. Mainly because they either die right at the beginning or somehow the main character is separated from their mother and father at the beginning.
One of my personal most favourite Queens in Disney. Mother of Simba and Wife of Mufusa, Sarabi is probably one of the most morally strongest, most dignified and has one of the strongest ‘backs’ in Disney and she does it all while walking on four paws! A dedicated mother, wife and Queen who, when her Kingdom is under threat from the tyranny of Scar, she does not falter! It was finally seeing his Mother getting hurt by Scar that kicked Simba into action!
Queen Athena was the wife of King Triton and the mother of Ariel (and her six older sisters). She was the Queen of Atlantica, and beloved by everyone. She was most well-known for her singing talent and her love of music. Unfortunately, she died as a result of a run in with a big pirate ship when Ariel was very young. A statue of her dancing with Triton is a present in his courtyard. Queen Athena mostly physically resembles closely to her daughter, Ariel
THE QUEEN (AND KING) OF ARENDELLE
The Queen of Arendelle is from the new Disney film “Frozen” and is the mother to Elsa and Anna, who tragically died at the beginning of the film. The Queen (and King) of Arendelle spent most of their life and royal duties ‘protecting’ their eldest daughter and heir to the throne, Elsa, from being discovered as having magical powers.
Now the main reason that I am talking about the Queen and King of Arendelle is because of the eerie connections that have been discovered throughout a lot of the Disney films, which are described in the pictures below…It’s quite fascinating!