One day the Right will understand what Democracy and what an Opinion is.
I was “inspired” to write this post and having a “conversation” with a right winger, about how disrespectful and how hateful a potential Republican candidate was being towards the entire LGBTQIA community. They kept going on and on and on and on about how “we’re in a Democracy” after all.
As I had to explain to him “No you’re not in a Democracy. I don’t respect you or her (the candidate), but unlike you both I am not advocating for your arrest, based on a “opinion” either”. That’s what she was doing. And that is not Democracy. While also obviously complaining about how God made you a certain “way”, so you should love yourself that way. While having an obvious lot of work done, on themselves.
You literally don’t have to like anyone on this planet, but calling for other’s arrests. Using a hateful ‘opinion’ to demean others, to try and bring down groups of other HUMAN BEINGS down. That’s not Democracy. That’s tyranny.
- cruel and oppressive government or rule. “refugees fleeing tyranny and oppression” Similar: despotism absolutism absolute power autocracy dictatorship undemocratic rule reign of terror totalitarianism
- a state under cruel and oppressive government.
- cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control. “the tyranny of her stepmother”
- a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives. “a system of parliamentary democracy” Similar:representative government elective government constitutional government popular government self-government government by the people autonomy republic commonwealth
- a state governed under a system of democracy. plural noun: democracies “a multiparty democracy”
- control of an organization or group by the majority of its members. “the intended extension of industrial democracy”
Also, well done to Minneapolis–Saint Paul Twin Cities for democratically protesting Dave Chapelle’s bigoted ass out of there! You are NOT extremists. You are doing everything, as an American, you are ENTITLED too do. Also fuck you Dave Chapelle.