I was reading up about how Kim Catrall had at go at SJP sending her condolences about Catrall’s brother. A lot of people came to SJP’s defence. I have to say though and Kim Catrall said it as well
If we are not friends, and it is ABUNDANTLY clear that we are not friends…I would be pretty pissed at someone for sending condolences, especially on a sudden family death. I may not have a go at that person publicly, but I would certainly be pissed! If one of my ex’s friend sent me condolences, I wouldn’t say a word, but I would still be peeved. You should wait and see if the grieving person comes to you first.
Maybe it’s just me though?
Share Your World … Week 40
- Why did you start blogging?
- I honestly started Blogging because of a school project, we had to create some kind of different form of social media and communication. That wasn’t either Facebook or Twitter. We had a good amount of other sites we could have chosen, but I went with WordPress and the rest, as they say, is history.
- A piece of clothing you still remember?
- I remember my very first “skort”. If you don’t know what a “skort” is, it’s a skirt that had a pair of shorts underneath, and it was pink. I loved it, but because my Mum did not think it was fashionable enough, she wouldn’t always wash it. My mum used to not wash things of mine if she didn’t like, or very rarely. I think she felt as a single mother that she had to put a certain “look” forward otherwise people would question whether or not she was coping being a single mother.
- Who are you trying to reach with your blog?
- I’m not really trying to reach a group or a someone. I feel like this is my safe space, this Blog has made me feel a lot more safer, a lot more confident in what I’m thinking. I guess you might even say that I am trying to reach myself, trying to reach what makes me “me”. Everyone is on that kind of a journey. I just like to learn and share things along the way. I feel like, on here, I am being reached.
- Is there a stuffed animal in your bedroom?
- Some people may say that for a 32 year old I have too many stuffed animals in my room! I have slowly been getting rid of them over the last couple of years, and some are in “storage” for my children, later on. Most of the stuffed animals I have, I’ve had since childhood and my teenage years, I’d say 90% of them. Stuffed animals are just great for hugging, and I am extremely private person. I don’t like people worrying about me, especially if they are not the ones that hurt me, so I’ll cry or yell into my stuffed animals.
- The best birthday present ever?
- I’m not honestly sure that I can say I have received the best birthday present ever yet. Birthdays are not my favourite things, they tend to disappoint me. I have gotten some nice presents, but I’m not sure I can honestly say that I’ve received a great one. When I first saw this question, nothing really stuck out in my head. I have had some fantastic birthday parties though! Those has been fun, especially my 30th, I wish I could do that every year…If I was rich, I would do it as well.
- What would surprise me about you?
- I’m not sure what would honestly surprise people, I’m a pretty open book. I think what would surprise people is how much I’ve been through and what I know is inside of me and how much I fight every day just to feel normal. I told someone once a lot about what had happened to me and then couldn’t get over how nice I am after it all. My tolerance level for what others would consider “mean” and fight back against, seems to be different to a lot of people? One ex, for example, I ended up helping a lot of the girls he cheated one me with, to help get over him. He had made them feel like he was going to break up with me for them, and then he never did. Yet, could not figure why they got so upset with him when he started dating someone else entirely. Things like that, I felt really bad for them, whereas most girls would think they deserve to feel the heartbreak he caused them. A lot had to do with I had accepted the fact that we were just going nowhere with the relationship, and I had been abused in a relationship before. So I felt like he wasn’t a bad person, he was just…an idiot,lol.
Last night my Mum and I were talking about how we both have had diaries from our younger years and how mortified we were by what we had written in there. My mother was so ashamed by one of her diaries that she actually burnt it.
Which then brought us to talk about all these people who post these posts on Facebook. In ten years time will they look back at those posts like we “older” people look back at our diaries and cringe, except there is a huge glaring difference…Facebook is public.For example, there is this girl who is ALWAYS talking about how she’s better than her boyfriends ex and calling her all sorts of names. In a recent post she’s talking about she got into a fight with her boyfriends ex and writes about how this girl needs to stop being weak and get up and fight?
How is she proud enough of this? Then her next status is about how everyone should stay out of her business, because of course we don’t know what she’s dealing with. If she wants people to stay out of her business, why write a PUBLIC post? It’s also amazing how many times her and her boyfriend also just always seem to bump into their exs. That is just one of the many MANY example I can think of posts that make myself cringe.I know most of these people wont understand for years (if ever) how others must be viewing this.
A lot of these problems are also down to their friends though. A lot of this girls friends are calling this girl boyfriends ex a “whore” because she’s contacting this girls boyfriends and saying she misses him. My first question was “Why does she feel comfortable enough to text him that?”. If he REALLY didn’t want her contacting him, he can definitely take steps to stop this from happening. They don’t have a kid together or anything. Stupid girls, this guy must be in HEAVEN!lol