I keep seeing all these wonderful proactive and positive type posts, despite the year we have. I just wanted to write about it from my point of view.
There has been one or two people who have said there is an actual thing 2020 PTSD thing, and I can’t say that I don’t believe them. I absolutely do believe them!
I don’t think that there’s a single person in 2020, who hasn’t been badly affected by this year, and I don’t even completely mean with COVID. There have been numerous. I think everyone I know has lost a person or a furbaby. Some people didn’t even have COVID, my Gran, as an example, we discovered had a mini stroke. Nothing to do with COVID, just one of those things.
Even with such a horrible year…there has to be something positive…right?
Give me a minute here…
I swear I’ve got something…
- Whether or not he likes it, and what he does now Trump is GONE. GONE GONE BYE BYE
- I met trans twitter”, and they are they LOVEIST and some of the funniest people I know.
- I think I found my voice, that I had thought I had forgotten when I was little. I remember my voice.
- I found good things and good people to fight for, and with.
- After 36 years, I’ve realised it doesn’t matter that I am no one’s favourite “something”. I like me, and that is good enough.
- Never forget though, to not just build a wall still. Let some people in, not everyone, but some. So when bad things do happen, or if I feel like turning inwards. Too know how and when to turn outwards to someone else.
This year started off really well for myself. I still had the Pippy, I still had a job, heck…I even had my last baby tooth, hanging there with a couple of thin veins, haha.
The other reason it started off so well though, was because of my therapy. I finally got to talk to someone about my teenage years and why I was so angry. When I say I was angry, I don’t mean I was taking drugs, getting pregnant every day. I would slam doors, yell, I got extremely depressed a couple of times. In the past, when I have tried to bring it up, either people would deny it, or they’d do the usual “Oh that was so long ago”. Oh, they have no problem admitting I was angry, but they just deny why.
Therapy HELPS. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
This year has been really bad, in terms of communication. So next year, I want to make that better, even if it’s just for myself.