What a horrible week!
Apart from a lovely a visit from my baby brother, everything else has gone horribly wrong!
I do have to say that I have been loving the responses to my Liebsters Award post and how its not just myself that has some good plush love happening! In a totally G rated capacity…(that could have been weird!lol)
Below is a picture of myself and my latest purchase…Her name is Savannah and she is a “Charlie Bear“, but I had to go on ebay to find her. They’ve all discontinued her year. I bought her because she looked just the right size for some cuddling and I also bought her in memory and in honour of all the little lion cubs that I’ve seen and we’ve lost on safarilive
Lions have always been my favourite and top 5 favourite animals of all time!
42. Your favourite/favorite possession
Oh wow! This has been an interesting to think about and be grateful for a possession. They almost don’t go together…In some weird way…
The one that automatically popped into my mind though were my plushies #plushlife.
I have…a few…plushies…Most of the ones that I still have at the moment, are ones that I’ve had for most of my life and I can’t really see myself getting rid of them any time soon.
I have never been the type of person who likes pouring or putting my troubles onto other people. Having plushies as meant that I can just hug them and cry into them. Sometimes I have actually talked to them, it’s usually about what I want to say to someone, but either don’t know how to say it, or I’m so upset I don’t feel like I could say what I want to say properly. I have had so many “Shut Up Becky” moments…#simpsonsquoteforeverything
We all know that we have one secret that we don’t want others to know about. Being apart of the Nerd/Geek community is no different. Every person I know that is apart of it has that one “thing” that is still nerdy, but would be deemed “uncool” by the other Nerds. So we don’t tell the anyone else about it.
Now I consider myself to have a “Safe Blog” I’m not going too try and hunt you down and stalk your various Internet social media and rat you out. I would really love to know what your guilty nerdy pleasure is though. Even you may not consider yourself a “nerd” or a “geek” do you have a guilty nerdy pleasure?
I guess if I’m asking you too share, I should probably share myself. Many probably know that I have a “childlike” quality. One thing that has never really truly grown out of me is my love for plushies or soft toys. Over the years I have had to cut down on my plush toys, because it’s not acceptable for a grown adult to have any. So to remedy this, I get “nerdy” plushies. Most recently I was given a Harley Quinn plush for Christmas. It is amazing how it’s “alright” to get plushies when they are “nerdy”lol … If my plush toys could talk, I would have to get rid of them!
Share Your World … Week 40
- Why did you start blogging?
- I honestly started Blogging because of a school project, we had to create some kind of different form of social media and communication. That wasn’t either Facebook or Twitter. We had a good amount of other sites we could have chosen, but I went with WordPress and the rest, as they say, is history.
- A piece of clothing you still remember?
- I remember my very first “skort”. If you don’t know what a “skort” is, it’s a skirt that had a pair of shorts underneath, and it was pink. I loved it, but because my Mum did not think it was fashionable enough, she wouldn’t always wash it. My mum used to not wash things of mine if she didn’t like, or very rarely. I think she felt as a single mother that she had to put a certain “look” forward otherwise people would question whether or not she was coping being a single mother.
- Who are you trying to reach with your blog?
- I’m not really trying to reach a group or a someone. I feel like this is my safe space, this Blog has made me feel a lot more safer, a lot more confident in what I’m thinking. I guess you might even say that I am trying to reach myself, trying to reach what makes me “me”. Everyone is on that kind of a journey. I just like to learn and share things along the way. I feel like, on here, I am being reached.
- Is there a stuffed animal in your bedroom?
- Some people may say that for a 32 year old I have too many stuffed animals in my room! I have slowly been getting rid of them over the last couple of years, and some are in “storage” for my children, later on. Most of the stuffed animals I have, I’ve had since childhood and my teenage years, I’d say 90% of them. Stuffed animals are just great for hugging, and I am extremely private person. I don’t like people worrying about me, especially if they are not the ones that hurt me, so I’ll cry or yell into my stuffed animals.
- The best birthday present ever?
- I’m not honestly sure that I can say I have received the best birthday present ever yet. Birthdays are not my favourite things, they tend to disappoint me. I have gotten some nice presents, but I’m not sure I can honestly say that I’ve received a great one. When I first saw this question, nothing really stuck out in my head. I have had some fantastic birthday parties though! Those has been fun, especially my 30th, I wish I could do that every year…If I was rich, I would do it as well.
- What would surprise me about you?
- I’m not sure what would honestly surprise people, I’m a pretty open book. I think what would surprise people is how much I’ve been through and what I know is inside of me and how much I fight every day just to feel normal. I told someone once a lot about what had happened to me and then couldn’t get over how nice I am after it all. My tolerance level for what others would consider “mean” and fight back against, seems to be different to a lot of people? One ex, for example, I ended up helping a lot of the girls he cheated one me with, to help get over him. He had made them feel like he was going to break up with me for them, and then he never did. Yet, could not figure why they got so upset with him when he started dating someone else entirely. Things like that, I felt really bad for them, whereas most girls would think they deserve to feel the heartbreak he caused them. A lot had to do with I had accepted the fact that we were just going nowhere with the relationship, and I had been abused in a relationship before. So I felt like he wasn’t a bad person, he was just…an idiot,lol.
I have spent this entire last week completely sick, it’s been horrible! Usually, when I get a cold or flu it lasts for a couple of days and then it’s over, sometimes I might have a cough, but usually I’m not sick for long. I’ve had this thing for like 5 days, and it’s only just starting to get a little better.
However, one of the things that has gotten me through is my own little plush Dragon from the awesome Dragon Lady Art, and you have only a few days left to get make sure that you can get your own! I try really hard not to “advertise” but everyone who knows me, knows that I love Dragons and I loooooooooove projects like these! I am so disappointed that I can’t really justify getting another one at this point, and being a little selfish here too. I want to be able to get another later on,lol.
I am sure most of you have heard of Cecil the Lion and the very sad story that has followed since. I clearly care about more animals and people than just “Cecil the Lion”, but if I were to post about everything I am passionate about, my news-feed postings would never end!lol…With animals (for me personally) they cannot speak for themselves, for example today, a white Rhino died the same week as Cecil…leaving 4 known left in the world, forever…We caused that, we owe these animals…So thanks for those supporting me and not making me feel bad about speaking up, cause apparently there are a lot of people who are upset people caring so much about “just a Lion”…I kind of want my children and my grandchildren to be able to see wild animals running around free…That’s just me though…I’m hoping that this tragedy will bring some good, especially for conservation!
The Australian Senate: Keep the ban on lion trophies and body parts
There was a poem written by this 13 year old boy whose wishes to remain anonymous, and for me personally, it speaks exactly to how I feel and what I think about the situation.
I am Cecil.
Naturally I am powerful.
Yet the situation was such that I am not longer alive.
Alive to hunt, alive to live, alive to be African.
I am not Cecil. But I am Africa, An Africa for you to kill, obviously.
I am every rhino and elephant that you tear apart.
I am the Ivory ripped from their faces, for you to consume.
I am rhino and elephant. I am Cecil, I am Africa.
I am sorry that we can’t defend the defenseless against people with weapons used to attack.
I am sorry that we can’t bring Cecil back.
You’ve killed Cecil.
You’re killing Africa.
I am not Cecil.
I am Africa.
I need help.*
Donate to help High 5. Give $5. Save Big Cats.
(Myself and my Mufusa…Click on the picture to be taken to World Lion Day twitter page)
As you would probably expect watching a live safari drive web live (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wildearth-safaris) the conversation about conservation comes up. How much money it costs to run a conservation park, why can’t we all win the lottery. I hate that I have all these ideas and yet I don’t have the skills or the knowledge, or the backing to set something up. Especially when it comes to conservation work, I think animals deserve to be here more a lot more than we do.
- One idea is to make plushies, mainly of endangered animals and each plushie that is purchased you give the money to conservation.
- Making fantasy type jewellery with all of the African wildlife on it.
The last couple of months I have hit the retail therapy HARD CORE! I mean generally there is always some kind of retail therapy for me after a breakup, but I have been getting rid of so many old clothes and getting new gorgeous ones. It is a necessary function that needs to be performed after every single break up…No matter how nice or nasty!
It is interesting though what people decide to buy after a break up. When I was younger I used to buy plush toys and I still actually have them all and I have no bad feelings towards any of them. As I’ve gotten older though I buy clothes more now and I buy things that I’ve been wanting for a while but never got around too.
What do you buy after a breakup? What makes you feel better? Is it buying bad food (sometimes I do that…Nice juicy bad burger~.^) is it watching “bad” movies? Is it just being around family and friends?.