Wishing all of our friends a happy and safe 4th of July holiday! For a few simple tips on keeping your pets safe and secure this holiday weekend, check out our blog post HERE.Happy 4th of July! — FACE Foundation Blog
White paws, often called socks, are an endearing color marking in our pets. Socks are often seen in cats, but can also be found in dogs and other animals like horses and guinea pigs. Where do socks come from? According to a recent article in Popular Science, which outlines some new scientific research on the […]
I’m writing this now, because I feel like it’s important to get this out there while there is still time…Just a little friendly reminder before the big festivities.
Whether you are planning to go out or not for July 4th celebrations. Remember to make sure your pets, whether they be furry, scaly or feathery, are protected against the fireworks. Especially if you are going out. Before you leave, make sure animals are inside the house. Make sure that gates are secure. You’d be surprised with how strong any kind of animal can get when they are scared.
The problem I find are is that a lot of people letting off fireworks. Let them off a lot earlier than is allowed, and a lot later than allowed. Not too many people keep fireworks going off at the designated times. Other than where there are community festivals. I’ve found that every year, the biggest complaints I have seen. Are because people are letting fireworks off when they shouldn’t be letting them. Either it can be the day before or continue till the day after. So it’s best to be prepared early. Too not assume that people think of others.
- Try to keep everything normal
- Keep all animals indoors, even cats.
- If you can move horses somewhere safer, do.
- Be aware that a frightened animal, can be likely to bolt and cause harm to themselves. Be aware of sharp objects.
- Make sure that animals are micro-chipped and have a tag or collar on them. Make sure contact details are up to date.
- If possible make sure someone else can take care of your pets, if you plan to head out.
Last year some people actually got together and instead of going out. They decided to go to the animal shelters and help to take care of dogs. In cramped small cages, they called themselves the Calming Companions.
This has been a rough year for wildfires here in Southern California and throughout much of the western United States. A few weeks ago, the Border Fire destroyed over 7,600 acres in southeast San Diego County. Fires can be devastating for both people and their pets. While it’s always important to have a disaster preparedness […]
So my thoughts are with Houston and just Texas in general. I just wanted to also say how it warms my heart to see so many people not only taking their pets with them, but to see people helping to save the wildlife around the areas too.
I just can’t believe the people that tied up their pets, or left them in paddocks with the gates locked?!
If you HAVE to leave your animals behind, DO NOT…I repeat…DO NOT TIE THEM UP! Let them loose! It’s not only completely inhuman and cruel but it also actually ILLEGAL to tie your animals up during extreme weather in Texas.
One Texas police department issued a stern warning on Facebook, after witnessing some dogs left chained outside homes. It explained that the Roman Forest Police Department’s chief had witnessed a chained dog drown during a past flooding.
I decided that I was going to try and focus on good things this week, so I thought that I’d start the week with focusing on 7 random things that I enjoy or make me happy. If you feel like sharing random things with us or what to do this yourself, please feel free to do as well, or if you share my happiness for the randomness, please share!
- Since I am hungry as I write this, it’d be a good idea to share with you a food that I love to combine. During Winter I love to combine mac and cheese with instant noodles (those noodles that take about 5 minutes to cook). It’s soooo good, probably extremely unhealthy though.
- So something I have learnt with social media, apart from not reading the comments. Check the “likes” instead…You will usually find that the positive out-ways the negative. So now I check those first =D There’s a lot of “love” emoticon out there!
- I LOVE fan made YouTube videos, especially when they make videos of couples that I really like together, or had never thought about before!
- I really enjoy having Fridays off, it’s an odd thing. I can work on a Saturday or Sunday and not “enjoy it” per-say but I’d rather have the Friday off. I just seem to get so much done, Whereas on the weekend I tend to have a habit, if I don’t have anything to do, I sit all day pretty much.
- I don’t actually like Family Guy. Other than Brian and Stewie, I could watch a show with just them in it.
- When I was younger I had three pet rats, Grezelda, Annie and Lucy. Annie and Lucy were sisters and we originally only got Lucy, but then she “disappeared” after a week. After about another week we went back, got her sister Annie, and I kid you not only about an hour after we got home, we found Lucy -.- With her rat food all stored in a pile, she must have been going back and forth during the night and getting in and out of the cage.
- I am a procrastinator, but something that I am even worse at is this. If there’s something I actually want to do, but other people keep bugging me to do it, I instantly go off of it. By bugging I mean, just ALWAYS.
Uploaded by: Naz Enginler
Footage used belongs to: BBC
Music: Exogenessis Symphony No: 3 Redemption – Muse
Nothing like a good day of International Happiness, so I am making a list of EVERYTHING that I can think of that makes me happy. I have actually been working on this particular post for a couple of weeks, so that I can cover as much happiness as I can. There is no rhyme or reason to this list, it just is. You might even find a couple that you agree with.
What about you? What are a couple of things that just instantly make you happy?
- When either my puppy or my partners cat tongue gets stuck outside their mouth, it’s just so cute.
- When I’m craving something and I don’t know what I’m craving and somehow, very randomly, I eat something and it’s that something that I was craving.
- The smell of my black candles, I don’t know what it is, but there smell is intoxicating, so I use them very little, as the shops ran out of that particular candle.
- Cuddling up with any of my plushies.
- Choosing “random shuffle” on my ipod and getting all the songs in a row that match my mood.
- The funny air hugs I have with a particular coworker, since she found out with some people I get funny with hugging them. It’s turned into our little joke, we air hug, air chest bump.
- Those nights/days that you get to yourself, you have nothing to do but veg out.
- When I make it through an entire drive without panicking too much.
- I love it when I can watch Twitch, Safari Live and play games at the same time. Usually only happens on a Saturday.
- Christmas Day spent with my Mums side of the family.
- The Christmas Eve Barbecue we’ve started having with people we’re close to but don’t get to see on Christmas.
- Real Husbands of Hollywood, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Homicide Hunter. I never ever watch these shows just in the background.
- All my favourite musicals.
- Just sitting and doing nothing and NOT feeling guilty about it.
- Being in a car and just having a normal conversation without feeling any of my odd anxiety issues.
- When you buy clothes online and it all fits perfectly…Especially pants and shoes!
- When I have more money in my bank account than I had expected.
I had an unexpected reaction to someones comments on Facebook this week and I don’t know why it got too me so much. Breaking it down, my state has this incredible public Facebook page (well two at least) where people from all over the state can make public posts about if they have pets go missing. There’s one page that’s for any pet and another specific for dogs, cats, etc.
Now I am sure if you are a pet owner, you know around New Years it can be dangerous for pets when it comes to fireworks. They can scare them and make them so scare they will just go for it and run. These two pages are just FULL of missing pets around this time every year, some end up being happy stories, some not so much.
There was one story I was reading and my heart broke. Now I must say apart from the owners saying that the dogs had dug under the fence, there was no other mention about things like, if the owners were even home, if the dog had ever suffered from fear of fireworks before. The only two things for certain was that the dog dug under the fence, and the fireworks would have gone off illegally. There was this one poster though that made a comment about how selfish the owners were for leaving the dog outside.
And it made me SO mad! I couldn’t help myself, I tore into this person, as well with others.
What is it with me and animals? I cannot help myself. I also could not believe this person couldn’t see how inappropriate their comments were. They were just so unnecessary.
I think that I found my weakness!
In a time of uncertainty, uncertainty politics, uncertain employment, i your country even still going to be there tomorrow. Sometimes it’s good to see traditions continue. I wish my American friends and readers a happy Independence Day. On July 4, 1776, the thirteen colonies claimed their independence from England, an event which eventually led to the formation of the United States.
Please just remember though fireworks can scare your family pets, so please make sure that your pets are securely secured!
I went with the first thing that spring to my mind when I saw the word “Sentimental” and that was the images of all my furbabies, here and gone ❤ I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago and it made me see red. The person basically posted a status on their Facebook about how could people want a dog? There all needy and stuff.
Never EVER make fun of someone who really loves their furbaby. One reason is that a furbaby maybe the only baby that person will ever be able to have, or choose to have. Without my furbabies, I would honestly say that I wouldn’t be here. Some days they are only reasons I will have a smile on my face.