Formals or Proms as they are called in Australia are an interesting time in a young persons life. No matter what year of schooling that they may be in. There is SO much pressure to have the perfect “dance”. The perfect dress, the perfect “ride”…and of course the perfect date…But do you NEED to even have a date?
I went to both of my senior formal/proms without a date and I ended up having the most fun. Here’s my list of reasons why:
- I didn’t have to worry about my date “looking” at other girls. Apparently that was a big issue at both of them. Especially for my best friend whose then boyfriend got depressed over how his gorgeous his ex looked (they subsequently got back together a couple of week later and now my best friend has gotten rid of all those photos).
- I could dance to any song that I wanted too. Without having someone else sulk.
- All the slow couple dances song, I just ate my food and most of the guys either complained the whole time, or just didn’t dance anyways.
- I still got to take photos with everybody and actually missed a group photo because I was dancing having a lot of fun! Funnily enough all the “couples” had nothing else too do.
- The only couples that actually seemed to have any fun were the ones that had been together for a while. In fact, at both my Formals the most happier couples had been together over both the Year 11 and Year 12 Formals consecutively.
- I didn’t have to “colour match” with anyone else either, I could wear whatever colour I wanted, and whatever style of dress too!
Share Your World … August 28, 2017
What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- Wake up feeling refreshed AND not waking up not too early and not to late, maybe snuggling in for a little bit.
- Playing with the pets, even if I have to pick up their toilet business in the process.
- At some point I’ll be reading and writing something
- I’ll get to chat with the best people from all over the world while watching safarilive at the same time.
- There’ll be a long shower in there somewhere.
- I’ll clean out a lot of things! Not clean up, but clean out some of my “stuff” and get rid of it.
- Although I might also clean something that’s been bugging me.
- If it’s around Christmas, I might actually go out Christmas shopping…for a few hours,lol
- Catch up on favourite shows, I usually do this when I’m eating my lunch.
Complete this sentence: My favorite place in the whole world…..
Where ever the people and animals I love the most are…Lame, but true!
Who was your best friend in elementary school (prior to age 12)?
I had a couple, I’m not “friends” persay with them anymore. However, one of the brilliant things about Facebook is I’ve been able to find each of them on there. It’s been great! The funny thing is, it’s interesting to see how much we get along with still. I haven’t seen some of these people for over 20 years and yet I could still hang out with them quiet happily and I’m sure that we’d still have a lot of fun. Sure, on Facebook we usually represent ourselves in a positive light and they might be terrible people, but I just don’t think so,lol
What inspired you this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
Please read my Blog post of “If you do or watch anything this week“.
Nothing like a good day of International Happiness, so I am making a list of EVERYTHING that I can think of that makes me happy. I have actually been working on this particular post for a couple of weeks, so that I can cover as much happiness as I can. There is no rhyme or reason to this list, it just is. You might even find a couple that you agree with.
What about you? What are a couple of things that just instantly make you happy?
- When either my puppy or my partners cat tongue gets stuck outside their mouth, it’s just so cute.
- When I’m craving something and I don’t know what I’m craving and somehow, very randomly, I eat something and it’s that something that I was craving.
- The smell of my black candles, I don’t know what it is, but there smell is intoxicating, so I use them very little, as the shops ran out of that particular candle.
- Cuddling up with any of my plushies.
- Choosing “random shuffle” on my ipod and getting all the songs in a row that match my mood.
- The funny air hugs I have with a particular coworker, since she found out with some people I get funny with hugging them. It’s turned into our little joke, we air hug, air chest bump.
- Those nights/days that you get to yourself, you have nothing to do but veg out.
- When I make it through an entire drive without panicking too much.
- I love it when I can watch Twitch, Safari Live and play games at the same time. Usually only happens on a Saturday.
- Christmas Day spent with my Mums side of the family.
- The Christmas Eve Barbecue we’ve started having with people we’re close to but don’t get to see on Christmas.
- Real Husbands of Hollywood, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Homicide Hunter. I never ever watch these shows just in the background.
- All my favourite musicals.
- Just sitting and doing nothing and NOT feeling guilty about it.
- Being in a car and just having a normal conversation without feeling any of my odd anxiety issues.
- When you buy clothes online and it all fits perfectly…Especially pants and shoes!
- When I have more money in my bank account than I had expected.
Share Your World … Week 29
What is the perfect pizza?
Without a doubt, when I’m in a hungry mood…or have had a few, I love myself a Domino double bacon cheeseburger…It is amazing! However when I want to feel a bit more “healthier”…As healthy as non-vegetarian pizza can be…I will have a Hawaiian type Pizza.
What is your favorite time of day?
Definitely that time of the day, when you’ve finally relaxed and not actually thinking. Just after you’ve made dinner and you’re sitting down to watch your favourite program.
Show us two of your favorites photographs? The photos can be from anytime in your life span. Explain why they are your favorite.
Only two?! I especially like the photos from when I was younger, but also all of my fur and feather babies.
Complete this sentence: I’m looking forward to….
Spending any time at all with my partner this weekend. He’s been on holidays for the past two weeks and we’ve spent little time together. Due to other people, which is funny because everyone has a go at as not spending enough time together.
So tonight I had a bit of a freak out and a bit of a wobble. Currently here in South Australia we are experiencing a major devastating bush fire, people lives are being lost, homes and property completely gone and we unfortunately had one well known kennel and cattery burnt down with many of the dogs and all of the cats still on the property.
Anyways this same night I had a date with the number one guy (there is no number two guy anymore). I heard that the suburbs that three different ex’s of mine are from, were required to evacuate. I couldn’t help myself, I got worried and I realised that I still cared. Not in love care, but worry something will go wrong kind of caring. Then I got angry at myself for caring at all. My mum told me it was perfectly naturally to still care and worry while not being in love with that person.
I hate though that I still care about these people who obviously never cared about me. I highly doubt that if they heard that I had to be evacuated that they would worry about me at all. I got so upset that I still care and I know that they don’t and now I’m frightened that it’ll happen to me all over again.
I can already tell it’s happening, everything that the number one guy did tonight bugged the crap out of me and yet I know in the back of my head none of it’s any of his fault, so I managed to fake a “sickie” and get myself out of the date earlier than anticipated and then collapsed in tears when I got home. 30 years of being treated like hell and I think that I broke tonight. I can feel myself cutting off and becoming cold.
p.s. I will be fine, I just can’t seem to stop crying tonight.
This Matthew West guy seems to get it…
Uploaded by QueenGalaxii
Published on 14 May 2012
Came home from the whole family Christmas do, full as you like with food…Most I have ever eaten ever at Christmas, I kid you not! Having a shower and feeling like I can finally wash the last couple of crazy days off of me for another year (until we have to clean up tomorrow of course). Just thinking as you do in a shower about the whole year in general and it occurred to me.
I never wanted the “perfect” boyfriend I wanted a real one. When I’d tell people how you’d changed in that one week after we broke up and how I felt like I had never known you at all. All people would say to me was “Aww, but he was trying to impress you”…But I never wanted to be impressed, I just wanted you to be real with me…How can you have never have gotten that? When I think about it now I have started to realise that I probably never knew the real you. I’m right, I never did know the real you…Not for one single second the entire time.
I don’t hate you any-more and I don’t miss you either. Quiet honestly it doesn’t matter whether your around or not any-more. I don’t really think about you, because the person I cared about, was never real. It feels like I was in some sort of Disney movie and you turned into my “Hans” of Frozen. Whatever happened between us and whatever we may have “gone through” together feels like some sort of horrible romance comedy now. None of it feels like it was ever real.
I guess the reason that I’m writing this is because I need to say goodbye. I have absolutely no idea why you decided to treat me the way that you did, but you did and I have to live with that, but I am not going to make this one chapter my whole book. I have a feeling that this may be one of those “Choose your own adventure” type chapters. Where I can have many different scenarios to choose from, but the ultimate ending is still the same.
I saw this picture and I couldn’t resist posting it since I have been let down this year, my past relationship and this “friend” of mine has decided to just stab me in the back…I will say it…Bitch!…BUT I had some really fantastic news today and I passed a really hard subject for me and I have decided to go to the online dating sites…I will NOT let two-face people who can’t take care of themselves, bring me down any-more!
For many little girls we imagine a lot of things, the perfect guy, the perfect house (or in my case, a castle), being the perfect mother, having the perfect Lion best friend, like Rajah from Aladdin…Okay…I digress…Any-ways, there is one other that that little dreamt about…The “princess dress”.
For many of those wondering, this is a “Fact” that I can guarantee that no matter what, every single little girl had a similar dream. I mean it may not have involved a castle, a prince and a whole lot of singing animals, but we all would have that ‘dream’ outfit. A dress, a skirt, a sports outfit…There would have been some kind of outfit going on.
That dress that can make everything better, that dress that fits you perfectly, no matter who nasty a breakup, no matter a argument with your best friend…The dress that makes it all melt away…I think that I have found mine! Unfortunately, I keep having more and more problems with it =S I’ve had to send it back twice and now I am just giving it to a dressmaker friend to fix up. I just keep getting one with a dodgy zip…The best thing though? It was under $40!
It is a well-known fact that when a girl finds that dress, that perfect outfit, everything else just melts away, like there are no other problems in the whole entire world…It hurts how good I look in this dress ~.^
Here’s a picture of the dress, if you press it you can go to the site where it comes from =D I also LOVE that the dress is called “Goddess”…I feel completely like a Goddess in this dress.