Charlottesville Rally: ‘There’s fine people on both sides’
Central Park: ‘I wont apologise, they admitted their guilty. You have both people on both side of that’
Doctors and Nurses: ‘The mother gives birth, and then Doctors and Nurses bundle them up in a nice warm cloth, and then they kill them”.
= Narcissistic Personality Disorder
What is NPD?
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Chances are you’ve known one…Or even might possibly be one (though I don’t think any of my readers are to be honest)
This has been the year for me where I’ve realised that my “main” ex best friend falls under this category. I must make a note here, I am by no means of the imagination an “expert”. It just what I’ve researched and found out from actual professionals and people who have also had relationships with people who have NPD.
Having full-blown NPD is not actually that common, but I’ve linked to a site that gives you a better idea. For years I thought some of my ex’s had NPD, but over the years as well I have realised there is actually a difference between narcissism and a narcissistic.
Below is a link to an article written by Melody Wilding, executive coach, licensed social worker, and professor of Human Behavior at Hunter College.
I’m a professor of human behavior, and I have some news for you about the “narcissists” in your life.
Some of her notes include:
- An excessive need for admiration and gaining approval from others
- A sense of entitlement, seeing one’s self as exceptional, and condescending behavior
- An inability to recognize the feelings and needs of other people
- Superficial relationships
- Vast fluctuations in mood
These criteria must be relatively stable across a person’s lifetime and many situations, including in their personal relationships outside of the workplace.
People with narcissistic personality disorder also typically show extreme behavior like:
- Overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior
- Distorting facts and making false accusations
- Enjoyment of getting away with breaking the rules or violating boundaries
- Using psychological manipulation like gaslighting, public shaming, and deflection
- Aggression and antisocial behavior
Now, this is exactly what the main “schemer” of my ex-friends, did to myself, every single one of these relates to her. She has done all of these before. The other two are just…honestly…kind of dumb, but they also value themselves highly. They are narcissists, but also extremely gullible. As I have learnt there is very little you can do with someone who has NPD. Especially when others makes excuses for their behaviour and refuse to hold them accountable for literally anything.