Today is the day where we find out if Brett Kavanaugh gets nominated or not.
I don’t feel like anything I say will bring any comfort.
Even though there’s no reason to think why he would, since he has not met standards…Not even the basic ones.
A few should not be ruining the lives of millions 😥 It isn’t even about the sexual allegations. It’s about the perjury, it’s about the information that they’re hiding, it’s about the documents that they refused to release and it’s about what even lead up to the allegations to begin with #Ibelieveher Also vote for getting rid of life time positions, no one should have that kind of power!
- Records not all released, unlike the other nominations in the past.
- The perjury…Oh, what somebody please think of the Perjury!
- The allegations
- The not looking into the allegations.
All I can offer today is this…
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Life Lessons from Around the Dinner Table
Thank you so much Life Lessons from Around the Dinner Table. I really enjoyed writing this. It really made me think and I really enjoyed writing up. Please everyone check her out!
- What do you think are the 5 most beautiful things in the world? Why?
a) Peace, pure true peace. When you see it on someone else’s face, or even when you see an animal at peace when they are finally free.
b) When a young baby smiles, and you know it’s genuine smile.
c) That moment when the sun is rising and it’s just starting to rise on the horizon.
d) I don’t know why but the smell of my dog makes me happy. When she wakes up with me she has the smell and she’s so cute. I love just waking up with her and that’s what makes her beautiful. Whereas my partners cat uses his claws, on my face to wake me up, not so beautiful,lol
e)When you go for a walk and everything is just beautiful. The setting is perfect, the weather is perfect. Even your ipod is playing the perfect music.
- What impression do you think you give when you first meet someone?
I am honestly not really sure. I think a lot of that depends on where I am. Hopefully at work I give a first impression that I know what I’m doing. I definitely know that no matter where I go, people always think I’m friendly. I definitely must give an impression of being open though, because people walk up constantly have conversations with me. Especially “older” people.
- What one responsibility do you most wish you didn’t have?
Vacuuming. I always offer to do it. Mainly because my hair is so long and thick it falls out everywhere! I shed more than my dog and cat’s hair combined! I hate vacuuming though, it hurts my back and the vacuum cleaner and the carpet are really tough to vacuum.
- What is your favorite subject to write about?
This may sound totally “up myself” but at the moment I like writing about myself. I have spent so many years not talking about myself and it blew up in a panic attack and myself in the hospital. So I like to talk to myself a lot now,lol…However, now I am trying to focus on others in the world. They need more help than I do right now.
- What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Being able to wake the day with both the kitty and doggie I love the most, without them fighting and the cat putting claws in my face,lol. A nice bowl of granola and yoghurt, reading and playing games. Probably take my doggie for a walk, because a perfect day would have the perfect weather.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
Just for the people I have in my life…RIGHT NOW…Right at this moment. Anyone whose reached out, anyone who I’ve been able to talk about my issues freely. Anyone whose just let me talk.
- What fictional place would you most like to visit?
Without any hesitation…Rivendell. I have literal dreams of going there. I watch the films straight through (if possible) twice a year.
- Who do you admire most? Why?
Don’t tell anyone this. I admire a lot of people! I have to make special mention to my Gran though. She is what she calls “my person”. Not in terms of possession, but rather the person that just gets me the most. She’s always been so strong in every way possible, as she’s getting older she is losing it a little bit, she’s becoming more frightened of everything. It’s hard to watch.
- Is there a book that had an impact on your life? If so, what was it?
This list would be easier if I could talk about the ones that haven’t impacted my life. I cannot honestly choose, so many are popping into my head.
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve visited?
It’s actually the difference between two places. A few years ago I was in American in Arizona and then from there I went to England. The difference between the two was immediate and astounding! It was so dry in Arizona, then when I arrived in England it was just SO green!
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Honestly I would go to Disneyland. Apart from Egypt and Greece, I’ve wanted to go there my whole life. I feel at the moment, I’d be so happy there. I want to visit Egypt, but it’s so scary there right now. Disneyland would just make me happy. Greece, I can see myself walking around and I don’t really want to do that.Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.*I’m going to nominate some people, but please feel free to do this if you so wish and then just link back to myself*
- The Tony Burgess Blog
- Jazzed Out
- Musings from a Tangled Mind
- Simple Ula
- In a Messy WorldAsk the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
- What hobbies do you have that brings you joy that does not include Blogging?
- What is something that others maybe be surprised to find out about you?
- Is there a song/movie/book that has touched you for life, if yes, what is it and if you feel comfortable, please let us know why.
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be and why?
- (Going to steal one of my questions) Is there a book that had an impact on your life? If so, what was it?
- Can you remember the moment you went “I want to keep seeing where my Blog takes me?”
- Where would you like your Blog to go?
- If you could have your dream party, what would be happening for it? What would you set up for it?
- What is one thing that you haven’t done yet, but really want too?
- What do you think is purely unique about yourself?
- What have you learned in the week you post this?
The Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post showing your award.
- Tell a brief story about how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Choose 10 other bloggers to nominate.
- Comment on each blog letting them know they’ve been nominated, and provide a link to your award post.
Just like the fabulous Words and Tonic Blog I was nominated for two different Blogging nominations, so let’s do this thing! By the way, you should definitely go and check out their Blog. It makes for some great reading! Very interesting and a different variety of topics, presented in a humorous tone.
If you’ve been reading my Blog since near the beginning from a couple of years ago. You would know that I started my Blog because of a school project. One of the projects that we had to do was to start up different types of social media Blogs, ones that we weren’t already on, and then answer different questions. I enjoyed using WordPress so much that I just kept going. It is the longest outside of fictional writing that I have kept something like this up. In all my other diaries and journal, I’ve usually gotten about 5 or 6 entries in and then nothing usually happens after that. Sometimes I do think that maybe I should look into private journal apps.
- WRITE FOR YOU
I think this may be the most important rule of all. You have to write for you, you can’t write for anyone else, but you. If you try and force it, or try to Blog to get rich, you’re going to find it more difficult to get yourself motivated. It has to be something that motivates you, you will run out of ideas really quickly if you’re just doing it to be “cool”. You have to be true to you.
2. QUALITY VS QUANTITY OVER QUANTITY VS QUALITY
I think this one is entirely personal and yet is so hard to choose. You are putting your writings out there and you want people to read them. So this is one of the questions I ask myself, is this any good? If you want people to see your writing, there’s not much point if there’s not much effort behind. Sometimes you’ll find you’ll write a Blog one day that you think is fantastic and then the next day hate it. You don’t have to put it out there, maybe it save it for another day. There’s some Blogs out there that also might be “suited” for different social media platforms. It is an entirely personal decision, but if you are trying to aim your Blog at a certain audience, then you have to make sure that you have the quality from that field.
The Versatile Blogger Award
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog! (Thank you again Words and Tonic ! )
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice
- Share 7 facts about yourself
Facts about me:
- When my dog disappeared, and then when we found her. It still makes me worried about how am I going to cope when she’s gone.
- It scares me how common sense has just flown out the window…Thank God John Oliver is back! Literally scares me.
- I love to dress up, I have got so many wigs. I would love to get into Cosplay, but I get worried that if it takes off…Then what?
- Biologically I am the oldest sibling, but no one believes it…Including myself.
- I have family members who are alcoholics, so it’s definitely made me more aware, but it doesn’t stop me from drinking either. However, I have recently noticed that around some groups of people I drink either more or less.
- I consider myself a realist ideal, so while I like to dream how I want the world to be, I am very aware of how it actually is.
- Even though I am an adult I still enjoy watching cartoons. I have no problem with just watching a cartoon and instead of having to think and worry, like the more adult and grown up shows. It lets me relax and not think so much. Sometimes one needs to ground themselves and just relax.
I have decided that I am just going to list nominees for both awards up above. Please don’t feel pressured to do it either.