Continuing with my “theme” for the week what better way to celebrate love than with our love of books!
So I found this on the wonderful “The Wild Readers” Blog (give them a view!)
My Favourite Book Couple
This one took me a while because I’ve read a lot of books that have has some kind of romance through the book. The one that popped into my head straight away was Tessa Gray and William ‘Will’ Herondale from “The Infernal Devices” series. I LOVED them as couple and I hated how they finished the series off. I’m not going to say what happens at the end, but I was so mad at the end. Read the series but prepare to be annoyed and angry at the end. I have not watched the movies for the series though.
My top 3 book boy/girlfriends
- Prince Caspian and Susan from the Narnia Series (Both the book and movies).
- Abigail Kirk and Judah Bow from Playing Beatie Bow . Judah Bow was my first book crush.
- Elizabeth Wakefield and Todd Wilkins from the Sweet Valley High series. They were the first book couple romance that I wanted to have.
Imagine your favourite book couple. Who would propose and who? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organising the wedding?)
Well that would be with Abigail Kirk and Judah Bow, although I do think Dovey is a much better option for Judah and she does end up with him. It’s a bit of a complicated story, it’s all about going back in time and time travelling. I think that Abigail would be completely into the planning and although Judah wouldn’t be as involved I can see him finding it funny how much Abigail gets all worked up.
Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand.
This isn’t even an issue for me and may shock a lot of people. I can’t stand either of the romances in the Twilight AND The Hunger Games, in fact, I completely forgot what the Hunger Games were called for a minute there. They are just to whiny and go back and forth when it seems to suit them. Twilight almost seems to teach girls that if you go through a breakup, give up on life…What kind of message is that?!
What’s your favourite and least favourite romance trope?
Favourite: Definitely the “Will they or Won’t They?” Even though you know they will, it’s just a matter of good writing about how they get there.
Least Favourite: I don’t know what it’s called but I HATE it when a main lead is going back and forth between two other people and I honestly don’t believe that they even like one of the people. How can they possibly when they’re jumping back and forth between the two?
Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do.
To me it’s kind of like the love triangle predicament, they can work, but they can also really damage a book if you start going down that path. The only couple that I’ve really wanted to see together was Legolas and Arwen from the Lord of the Rings. Even saying that though, I really like Arwen and Aargorn together, I guess it’s more of a curiosity thing.
Your opinion on love triangles. Go!
They can work, but they also can be horrible and annoying. As I’ve mentioned previously I’ve hated series because I cannot stand the main character jumping back and forth between two different people. That to me isn’t love at all.
Favourite and least favourite love triangle?
Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favourite friendship?
Has to be Sam and Frodo without a doubt. I’m not sure that you can get a more perfect friendship than those two. They’re not even friends really, they are more like family. It was pure love and pure friendship.
What’s your favourite scene with your bookish OTP?
Imagine your favourite book couple again. Who’s most excited about Valentines Day (either ironically or genuinely)?
Btw, here are the questions for easy copy-pasting:
1. Your favorite book couple.
2. Your top 3 book boy/girlfriends.
3. Imagine your favorite book couple. Who would propose, and how? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organizing the wedding?)
4. Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand.
5. What’s your favorite and least favorite romance trope?
6. Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do.
7. Your opinion on love triangles. Go!
8. Favorite and least favorite love triangle?
9. Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favorite friendship?
10. What’s your favorite scene with your bookish OTP?
11. Imagine your favorite book couple again. Who’s most excited about Valentine’s Day (either ironically or genuinely)?