I decided to do a get to know me thing on my birthday. I’ve gotten a few questions from all around the place. I just didn’t like some of the questions, some had a lot and I wasn’t going to do all of them…One had OVER 300! I thought to myself, I hadn’t done one of these for a while now, so I thought that what better day to do one than my Birthday. I’m going to go with 29, because that’s the date of my birthday.
Some are from: 100 Ridiculous TMI Tag Question
317 Random Get to Know Me Too
- Are you like your zodiac sign suggests that you should be? I actually just wrote a post about this on Friday, see it here.
- Have you ever been betrayed by someone you care about? Oh of course, who hasn’t been? The trick is to truly, not necessarily forgive them, but just to forget about them.
- Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? … Yes … We had these two gorgeous teacher aides came for one semester. I was very “famous” for having a tonne of crushes at the same time, but never brave enough to say anything. Not that I would have with a teacher, when I was a high school student.
- If you could choose one Disney prince to marry who would you choose? It would have to be Aladdin. I used to really like Prince Eric from “The Little Mermaid”, but then Aladdin came along.
- If you could choose one Disney princess to be your best friend who would you chose? Without a doubt, it’d be Belle…If I can’t be her, then she can be my best friend.
- What is something you like to do when you are sad? I watch comedies or those fail type video shows. I know other people’s pain shouldn’t be funny, but sometimes it just is,lol. I pretty much will watch anything that makes me laugh.
- If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be? I don’t know if this is a job, but when you get the “golden ticket” it’s a very lucky job. I would love to be a writer, a professional fictional writer.
- What current world events are really troubling to you? I really wish I hadn’t written this question, mainly because the list would be a lot shorter about what isn’t bothering me right now.
- Which animals scare you most? Why? Octopuses…They are way to intelligent and can fit into the tiniest of spaces!
- What do you consider unforgivable? If someone were to hurt my family or fur-babies or a very good friend. Especially if you were to hurt them with malice and intent.
- What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? This is so embarrassing to admit, I would not eat red apples because I believed a particular movie.
- What flavor of tea do you enjoy? I enjoy three and I usually have them stocked up. One is just your usual earl grey type tea. The other is chamomile, I really do believe that it keeps me calm. The third one is one I just discovered a couple of months ago. It’s called chamomile and spiced apple. It reminds me a lot of the spicy of Christmas. It really makes me happy.
- Do you remember your dreams? I usually actually, even if it’s only a lot of the dream, or one bit. A few years ago, I actually used to write them down. I should start doing that again.
- Who has left the most impact on your life? I’d have to say it’d have to be my Great Grand-Father (my Grans Dad). He passed when I was about two years old. We were very close, but it’s amazing how…what 33 years later…I’ll find things that I’m interested in, that he was studying. When I was in Year 12 at high school I became very interested in Ancient Greece, Rome etc. Then a few years after high school, I found a notebook written by my Great Grand-Father and he was learning Greek just before he died. He wanted to travel there.
- What is good about how you are living your life right now? Honestly, the only thing that could be any better is getting more hours at work. I get on well with my whole family, my partner is the best partner I’ve ever had. I may have lost some friends over the last couple of years, but I feel like the friends I do have are more healthy and I have a lot more in common with them.
- Are you named after anyone and what does your name mean? I am named after the iconic Lauren Bacall. Lauren may be a given name or surname. The name’s meaning may be “laurel tree,” “sweet of honour,” or “wisdom”.
- Nicknames? I have a few. I’m actually one of those people who are known more by their nicknames than their actual name. Lolly, Lolsy, Lol, Lols (people used to call me Lol or Lols before it was even a ‘thing’) My favourite probably though is Little Poppenjay. My Grandpa used to say when he’d see me “hey, hey Poppenjay, how you’ve had a lovely day” =D I miss that.
- What’s your favourite candle scent? I have these black candles, that are from a Australian store called “The Reject Shop”, and I have bought a LOT of them, but have yet to burn any of them. They just smell SO good. The scent is called “Moonlight Mist” and the company is Madison French.
- What’s one thing you own that you should probably get rid of, but just can’t? I have this really old t-shirt. It’s a Hanson t-shirt…Yes, mmmbop Hanson. It’s really loose, it’s got holes and I have no idea how they got them. I really should throw it out, I don’t even wear it anymore! I don’t even really like the people who got it for me and I’ve thrown out other shirts for less!
- Which song do you sing when you are by yourself? It’s always changing by the moment. Lately though it’s just the one sentence, Taylor Swifts “Look what you made do”.
- What is the least favourite thing about yourself? Overthinking. I am a terrible over thinker. I’m trying to do stuff at the moment to stop this, but it’s a life long thing. So it’ll be a slow process.
- How is your relationship with parents? I think that like with a lot of people, adored them when I was little. Disliked them muchly during teenage years and now it feels like I can friends with them. Maybe not much all the time with my Dad, if he just stopped the drinking it’d be great!
- If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday? I would get a comfortable house and make sure it was fully paid off. Is that too lame though?lol
- Do you consider yourself a good cook? Well I can cook to survive, most of the time. Every now and then I’ll get a “kick” and want to cook something a little bit more special.
- Did you have any favourite childhood films? I had two that I watched obsessively, I bought them on DVD as an adult. I don’t think they’re every going to be on Netflix or somewhere like that. It’s interesting because they probably weren’t really “kid friendly” films. One was “The Red Shoes” starring Moira Shearer and the other was “Beatrix Potter Ballet” film. The reason I don’t think Beatrix Potter is 100% kid friendly, there’s the whole scene with the Owl catching the squirrel and taking his tail off (you don’t see that part, but you know what’s happened).
- Which day is International Dance Day? Why, I do believe that is today!
- What’s your favourite thing about yourself? As much as I hate my brain, I also love it. As much as the reason it creates my anxiety, it’s also the reason it fights it off. It’s the reason why I’m not a raging psychopath too,lol
- What would you tell your younger self? Travel to America, but don’t think he is going to be the end all of everything. Make sure that you continue making a life for yourself at home.
- What are you hoping for in the year to come? I’m hoping for a more permanent job, maybe some bells ringing…of the wedding variety,lol…I feel generally very lucky in my life, it’s just the lack of permanency of the job that bugs me. Hoping to start up crafts and something on the side again. I think I need to be doing something, rather than thinking about money and job woes.
Nurth Thurs – What Will You Say?
Most importantly, Me, Myself and I…Wouldn’t it be a sad thing, if I was anyone else?
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show your award.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I was really happy and honoured to receive this “Versatile Blogger Award” nomination, and I have finally been able to get around to it.
Thank you so much Emilyxonline for nominating me! You should definitely head over there and check out her really lovely Blog, you wont regret it! Please give her some love as well as she heads into surgery!
So what is this award all about
Versatile Blogger Award — It is an award given by a blogger to another blogger which is new in the world of blogging to help them gain confidence and push them to do a good job on what they’re doing. It is also designed to help other bloggers be discovered.
If you check out the top of my post you will find the set of rules you need to follow for this tag!
7 FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for about 5 months about, my first appointment was in December. I have learnt that Hypnotherapy wont work for everyone, it is helping me too manage my anxiety issues, but I have noticed that I’m not “cured” either. Hypnotherapy won’t work on everyone and it works at different levels for people and my Hypnotherapist made that very clear too me on the very first visit and I think that’s why I respect him so much.
- I’m at a point in my life where I feel completely torn all the time. It’s very stressful. Whenever I’m at my partners hour I miss my house and my dog and my Mum and my bed, and then when I’m at my home I miss everything about my Partner and his cat. I’m trying to move into my partners house, but finding a permanent job up there is proving difficult.
- I’m at that point where I very much dislike going on Facebook or Instagram, the only place I really enjoy going “on” anymore is Twitter. I have a feeling that’s because you don’t always get a lot of “suggested” posts on there. You get to see what you want too see. You also don’t get other peoples suggested posts, because they’re posting horrible things. Even the promoted ads don’t bug me.
- The last couple of years I’ve been chucking things out, and oh my goodness, I have a lot of stuff! Just recently we’ve been going through a lot of boxes that haven’t been opened in about 10 years, I have a lot of stuff!
- Writing about having a lot of stuff. At the end of each season I wash all the Summer/Winter/Spring and Autumn clothing that I wore during that season and start chucking out the tops/pants etc that I did not wear during that season. Usually as a season ends I realise how much clothing I have and they don’t all fit in again. In the first couple of weeks as the new season begins I will chuck out clothing from the last season.
- I have Googled myself and I can’t find much on myself. It actually takes me quiet a while to find myself anywhere, which is kind of great too. Even my Facebook profile, because I use a nickname as my last name. So people have a hard time finding me. There’s some good tricks there!
- I’m very low maintenance ,style wise, it’s probably border line lazy to some. Even brushing my hair annoys me at the moment, but that’s probably because it’s really long and takes me about 10-15 minutes to brush it and still ends up in a huge knot 30 minutes later.
15 Bloggers I will nominate in this award:
Sorry I keep meaning to say that if you want to do this, please feel free!
14, A talent you have
I have honestly been struggling with this one this week, I just cannot think of anything. I’m not sure whether I even have a talent! I kept thinking in terms of “Can I juggle” “Does my tongue make patterns”. Then I started to think of terms of what can I do, that not every many other people do.
Then I took a Myers Brigg Personality test and I got the same result that I always get, no matter who much older I get INFJ. Now the interesting thing is no matter how much I think I’ve changed, I always get the same result. I’m not sure how much of you now about Myers Brigg personality, but having (according to them) an INFJ personality is only present in about 1% of the population. So when I joke and say “I’m special” sometimes seeing that personality type pop again and again and again. I really do feel it.
What comes with having this personality trait:
No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small.
I think it’s one of the talents that I have, a more personality type one. Just trying to help whoever I can whenever I can, even if I don’t have the money to do. I will try something else to have. I guess my talent is having compassion and empathy that seems to be missing in the world. Even if it isn’t always the most popular opinion. I don’t always tell people what they want to hear, but rather what they need to hear and if I’m wrong, I will instantly back up and apologise. Which I am very stubborn about really.
12. A personality trait you really like
*I’m just going to let you all know that this post is going to make me sound incredibly “up myself”
I guess in myself I have, which surprises me a lot, is “common sense” and I didn’t know what a great personality treat this is, until nearly everybody I know signed onto Facebook. One of the great things about having common sense is great at being able to lie back and have others make themselves look like a fool. They just don’t “get it”. A good example of this is when people say “Ban Sharia Law”…Because it’s already banned, you can’t ban what’s already banned…Unless you can double banned something?
It can be frustrating to get this and to watch others who clearly don’t have it. However, having this trait makes me feel incredibly lucky for what I do have. A lot of people who don’t seem to have it, just seem angry. They waste a lot of time fighting things that are just not important and aren’t even happening, rather than things that are happening. I honestly believe it is because they just don’t have common sense, so everything little thing is just “wrong” too them. Take the “banning sharia law” Why are you wasting so much time fighting somethings that’s just banned already? Why aren’t you fighting for things that are banned as well but shouldn’t be, like equality for gay marriage in Australia.
So, I guess it’s a personality trait that I like in myself and like in others well.
Nothing like a good day of International Happiness, so I am making a list of EVERYTHING that I can think of that makes me happy. I have actually been working on this particular post for a couple of weeks, so that I can cover as much happiness as I can. There is no rhyme or reason to this list, it just is. You might even find a couple that you agree with.
What about you? What are a couple of things that just instantly make you happy?
- When either my puppy or my partners cat tongue gets stuck outside their mouth, it’s just so cute.
- When I’m craving something and I don’t know what I’m craving and somehow, very randomly, I eat something and it’s that something that I was craving.
- The smell of my black candles, I don’t know what it is, but there smell is intoxicating, so I use them very little, as the shops ran out of that particular candle.
- Cuddling up with any of my plushies.
- Choosing “random shuffle” on my ipod and getting all the songs in a row that match my mood.
- The funny air hugs I have with a particular coworker, since she found out with some people I get funny with hugging them. It’s turned into our little joke, we air hug, air chest bump.
- Those nights/days that you get to yourself, you have nothing to do but veg out.
- When I make it through an entire drive without panicking too much.
- I love it when I can watch Twitch, Safari Live and play games at the same time. Usually only happens on a Saturday.
- Christmas Day spent with my Mums side of the family.
- The Christmas Eve Barbecue we’ve started having with people we’re close to but don’t get to see on Christmas.
- Real Husbands of Hollywood, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Homicide Hunter. I never ever watch these shows just in the background.
- All my favourite musicals.
- Just sitting and doing nothing and NOT feeling guilty about it.
- Being in a car and just having a normal conversation without feeling any of my odd anxiety issues.
- When you buy clothes online and it all fits perfectly…Especially pants and shoes!
- When I have more money in my bank account than I had expected.
I was talking to my mum a couple of days ago and we were just talking about how which people know us really well and how much do people ‘think’ they know us. It started me thinking. I’m always pleasant to people, people always comment on how kind I am and how patient I always seem to be. I know I have a guard though and I know that I have a real hard time telling people…well…a lot really.
It’s not as though I wouldn’t open up, if someone actually ask me. If someone asked me a question about myself, I would tell them, but I just can’t willingly tell you about me.
It made me think about who are we really honesty with, who truly knows us…All of us. If I was to die tonight, who would be shocked to discover things about me, have I said all that I wanted to say?
What about yourselves? Do you think people know everything there is too know about you?
10. List 5 things you like about yourself
- Motivating Procrastination: I do procrastinate a lot…But when I’ve decided to do something, it’s pretty hard to stop me. In both situations, both the procrastinating and then deciding to go with it, both allow me to look at the situation. Both taking care of myself and taking care of others by looking at all the options.
- Helper: In the past I have looked after those who may not have always deserved it. Not to help myself or to make myself look like the better person. Because I know they aren’t bad people, they just made bad choices. Which we all do at some point or in some way or another. I try not be hard on people, we’ve all got inner demons. HOWEVER, it doesn’t mean either I stick with them. I have had to block a few people in my life because I started to realise that I wasn’t helping them move on at all, while I was.
- Responsibility: I take responsibility for myself, I don’t blame others. If I stuff up, I admit and own up too it. I had no idea how rare that is until the last couple of years. I honestly believe that people need to take more responsibility for themselves and their life. Stop blaming others, we all have people and situations that seem impossible, but ultimately…it’s your life…Sometimes you just have to own your own life.
- Others: I honestly want to help people and I try to do what I can. I can’t live without helping someone. If I won the lottery, I would probably help my family put with so many of their finances. I can’t just turn my back over any injustices. Now this may sound like I’m a bit of a sucker, but I swear that I’m not. I just know when too take myself off out of the situation.
- Mind: I think the thing I like about myself the most is my mind. How I really do see people for what’s inside, rather than the outside. There is no point trying to fight with or for someone and I don’t like pretending that I like somebody. I tend to always give people a chance, until they do something to discredit that trust. We’ve only got one life to live, I don’t want to waste it hating on someone who doesn’t even deserve it for no good reason.