Over the weekend I saw the weirdest movie I have ever seen…But it was one of those films were you can’t look away either, because you want to know how it ends. No matter how bad or weird it may be…You just HAVE to know how it plays out and what happens too everyone.
The movie I am talking about is “Army of Darkness” (IMdB) . It’s a horror/comedy film that came out in 1992. This isn’t a review of that particular movie but it was just so odd and yet I found it enjoyable, even the ending had me cracking up, even when it was so obvious what was going to happen.
I would just like to know what odd movies or show would you recommend, that are completely terrible but we all just HAVE TO WATCH!
The feud that ruined the Sex and the City movie number 3
Sometimes I am perfectly fine with things just not actually happening…I don’t know how many of you watched the other two…The first one was alright, but I felt could have been so much better. Then the second one…How were they all fine with it? Here are some of the other movies or tv series I could have lived happily without ever seeing are:
- Death Note…The American series…Why, why did that even happen?
- Riverdale…I love the comics, I used to play Veronica when my cousins, brothers and I would “play” The Archie’s. The series is alright if you don’t know about the comics. I am glad though it’s introducing a whole new generation to it.
Not everything has to happen or come to life…What about yourselves, do you have a book series or a television series or a movie, that you felt could have probably not happened and you would have been fine with that?
SDCC or San Diego Comic Convention was just held over the past weekend, and is probably the biggest “Nerd Convention” held all year! Unfortunately being Australian means it is a VERY expensive trip, but it is something that is on my “bucket list”
One of the things that is free though are the trailers…Oh soooooo many trailers! So many lovely movie trailers. So many lovely DC and Marvel movie trailers, I have been watching them obsessively over the last couple of days and I am so excited about all the movies coming out!!!
I am just going to jump right and ask you all…
What is your favourite movie or tv type marathon and what do you do while you’re “running” through whatever it is you are watching?
So yes, this post is not a about a running type marathon but about what movie (or television) marathons you have ever participated in and I have a whole heap of questions, so lets start chatting!
Did you do the marathon by yourself?
Did you do it with others?
Was it for a cause?
I had a pretty bad this week, feeling pretty down, letting things get to me that I am always having to have keep under control, just to survive. Especially when I was doing so well, had one bad time and now I’m feeling fed up and frustrated, which is making me feel like I’ve taken a step backwards.
However something that completely made my weekend and made my brain not able to handle the awesomeness.
Not only did I find out that they are making a live action Lion King…Yes! You heard me right, they are making a live action Lion King…Which I’d assume would be more of a CGI thing, rather than getting actual Lions etc to act. The even better news though:
“Breaking: James Earl Jones and Donald Glover join the cast of the Lion King”
Get to know me!…Part 2
So last week I started off a getting to know me challenge and as I mentioned I “stole” it from Vrushali who found it on ChocolatenWaffles’s Blog. (Please go and check them out!) Instead of doing it all in one go, I am instead doing it in 25 part questions and this is Part 2…So let’s start…
- What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? A lot of the musicals I watch over and over again and I still love them. Except for La La Land, I have no interest in seeing that film again. The other movies I can watch over and over again and still do, are all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbits films. They are just the type of movies that take me away and I love it.
- Last person you kissed/kissed you? It would have to be my partner, but it depends if you include my dog or not,lol
- Were you ever a boy/girl scout? No, there not really that huge down under. You’re more likely to find people here doing some kind of sport or life saving activities.
- Would you ever strip or pose naked in a magazine? It honestly depends on why I’d be posing nude. I have no problem with nudity, but I’m not just going to do it for no reason.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter on paper? I think the last time I wrote a letter was to Matt Smith (11th Doctor on Doctor Who) but I never sent it. It was just basically saying how much I appreciated the way he played the Doctor, he made me feel less “weird”.
- Can you change the oil on a car? I don’t know, I’ve never tried.
- Ever got a speeding ticket? I have no licence
- Ever ran out of gas? See above.
- Favorite kind of sandwich? Fritz and sauce, I just love it!
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? Oh wow, what isn’t the best thing to eat for breakfast?
- What is your usual bedtime? I usually head to bedat 11 pm, and sleep usually comes to me at 12. Depending on what I’m doing the next day.
- Are you lazy? I’m not sure that I’m lazy but I am really bad at procrastinating, once I get going I tend to keep going.
- When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? We don’t really celebrate Halloween Down Under, but it is getting bigger and people are doing it more often. I think though if we did I probably would have been a Disney Princess and a Fairy or something.
- What is your Chinese astrological sign? I am a Rat. Rats are supposed to be quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind, smart, and lovely. Which of course, is totally true =P
- How many languages can you speak? Just the one unfortunately.
- Do you have any magazine subscriptions? No, I do sometimes buy a Cosmo every know and then as well though.
- Which are better, LEGOs or Lincoln logs? I don’t know what Lincoln Logs are. So LEGO…
- Are you stubborn? Well my Star Sign is Taurus, so the most stubborn of all signs! So I definitely can be, especially if I think the matters, matters.
- Which is better Leno or Letterman? I never really watched either program, but if I had to choose I probably would have to have gone with Letterman.
- Ever watch soap operas? We watch the UK soaps, but they always irritate us!
- Are you afraid of heights? It depends on the height!
- Do you sing in the car? I don’t drive.
- Do you sing in the shower? Sometimes.
- Do you ever dance in the car? I dance and sing together.
- Ever used a gun? Fake gun? Yeah. Real gun? Are you kidding?
If you would like to read my Part One…Please check it out here.
I have been hit with an conundrum, three of my all time favourite movies are all on tonight!
What is a girl to do? What do you do when you are confronted with this “problem?” I decided to flick between the three, and then I ended up having the Hobbit on television and having PotC on my computer, live stream. I decided to not even watch Moulin Rouge in the end. I feel like with musicals, there needs to be a steady flow, no stop and starts.
Share Your World … Week 30
Do you prefer a bath or shower?
I am more of a shower girl, I do enjoy my baths … BUT … usually I’ll have them if I’m feeling stiff and I can’t stand, due to long days at works or my sciatica. I usually don’t end up staying long in a bath either, because they make me really sleepy.
If you had an unlimited shopping spree at only one store, which one would you choose? Why?
Only one?! Does this include online shops? My favourite shop of all time is Boohoo . com, I buy something from them nearly once a month I think. Most of the time they fit me really well, for online they do really well.
If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what age would that be?
I would probably be 30 for the rest of my life. 30 was probably like my most favourite year (as long as I get to be with my current partner). I hadn’t gotten sciatica yet, it was just a great party year, work was certain.
List at least five movies that cheer you up.
- Robin Hood:Men in Tights
- The Emperors New Groove
- All of the “Rush Hours” movie…ALL of them! I thought the tv series was actually pretty good. Just not the same without Jackie and Chris though.
- Pretty much all of those 80’s send-up films with Leslie Nielsen in them, even if he’s not staring in it. I don’t know what the genre would be called.
- Pretty much anything that comedic…I know that seems like a cop out, but my favourite genre in movies is musicals, but they very rarely “cheer me up” so to speak,lol. Musicals can be quiet depressing.
I really do love it when a random thought hits my brain sometimes it’s kind of like:
Any-ways, I was reading a few reviews on some really big movies over the weekend and I saw the same “complaint” about how, even though these movies have been proving really successful…”Hollywood can’t come up with original”.
Then seeing this over and over, and although I agree, and realising that I don’t even mind because I enjoy these movies so much. I started to think to myself, most of the movies coming out are either:
a) reminiscent of my childhood,
b) are “simple” and by that I mean, they have big bangs and bad guys vs good guys.
Then it occurred to me, maybe that’s it? Maybe that’s why these “unoriginal” movies are doing so well? Maybe we’re all craving more simplicity in our lives? A reminder of when time was more simple? I don’t know about you all, but I’ve never noticed a really annoying trend, where everything is bad these days, and on the great big grand scale of things they are really not bad things. When you think about these “bad things” you think to yourself, if that’s the biggest complaint in your life, you have it pretty darn good.
I saw Batman vs Superman over the weekend and I have to say that I was really impressed, it was a lot better than I thought that it was going to be! I am starting to think I have to let good of the whole judging a movie before I’ve seen it…Except for Suicide Squad, I will not go see Suicide Squad…Nope, you can’t make me!
Ben Affleck was awesome, the perfect combination of broody and emotion. Definitely better as Batman in this role, than he was in Daredevil. Henry Cavill, of course, is perfect again as Superman. Yes, there is quite a few CGI moments in the film, but that it is always expected in films these days. I don’t want too give away too much because it hasn’t even been a week yet and I don’t like being a spoilers type person.
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was actually good, I can see a lot of little girls being inspired by her … Walked in thinking am I #teambatman or #teamsuperman, walked out #teamwonderwoman #changeisgood
The only thing I still feel was a bit of a miss was Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, it might just possibly be myself. I always see Lex Luthor as a older sophisticated evil genius. I just couldn’t get him as Lex Luthor.
You should definitely see this film in the cinema before it’s out of the cinema, I don’t think that it’s going to be as effective on a television screen.