Share Your World, 28/01/19
- Are you thin or thick skinned? Are you easily offended or tend to let it just roll off your back like a duck does with water? I used to get really upset and hold it in and became offended easily. Now, not so much. I can’t really afford to do that anymore. I’ve learnt whose there for me and that’s the important thing. I got called a Charlie today,lol…Meaning I’m like a Jack Russell, I seem all cute, little and sweet, but when something makes me mad…I go. Charlie because that’s what they think most Jack Russell’s are called,lol. I can accept that,lol
- How important are morals in a healthy society? What are the most important morals for citizens to have? (Credit to Rory for this question) There are a few (I think):
Respect and Dignity for others.
- What will your epitaph be? It’d have to be “I’ll be fine”. I have said that my whole life. Even when I’m not, I say I’ll be fine, because generally, I am. I am still here and I am “fine”. Everything will work out fine.
- (I don’t admire either/or questions much, which is why you won’t see ‘em often. Today is an exception) French toast, pancakes or waffles? Can I have all three at once? =D If I had to choose though:
- What were you grateful for this past week? Getting more work shifts! It’s been horrible, every day up until my shifts. Every time I signed into my work email, someone else wasn’t going to be there. Which I am honestly surprised by, because usually at this busy time of the year, people can’t have a whole week off. If I wasn’t making good money from this, I’d be so annoyed. But I am really struggling to keep my finances in order. At the moment I feel like I maybe the only one at work and that’s not good,lol. So if I’ve seemed quieter this week, it’s because I am over tired.
So I had an interesting talk about “respect” with a close male family member of mine tonight. Well I say “talk” it was more him texting me saying how I don’t respect him because I didn’t drop all my plans, even though we went out of our way to make other plans, it just wasn’t possible, because he’s family and I was told to “grow up” and he’ll talk to me then.
Respect is an interesting thing, it makes me curious that people who NEVER treat you with respect, expect it in return. It’s an interesting thing when a person will try to passively aggressively publicly ostracise you, but then turn into a whimpering mess when you hit back at them. It is interesting with how many people will say “Oh well, that’s just them” So it’s alright for them to do that, but it’s NOT alright for me to stand up to them, because that’s who I am.
I think in this world of today, you really have to know who you are. People these days seem to change with what ever works easier and no one wants any “drama”. Then I go and watch a show like “Band of Brothers” and think to myself “How would these guys feel about the generation of today” Would they think “This is what we died and suffered for? So someone could post a picture that isn’t even there own picture, and not even there own words to prove how there better than somebody else”…It’s pretty pathetic really.
Uploaded by:Elliott Walsh
Published on 15 Dec 2012
All the interviews with the soldiers from the amazing tv series Band Of Brothers. I’ve never had any direct experience of war and i found these interviews really compelling and deeply moving.
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.
(Source: Facebook Page ‘Enchanting Minds’)