“Do this exercise: Demolish the bridges of pessimism behind you. If you do this very well, you’ll have no other choice than to move forward! Successful people are always optimistic!” Israelmore Ayivor Thank you for your visit. Take care, my friend. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏 Philo You can check my other similar posts HERE Image by © […]It’s easier to demolish a house than to build one-Irish proverb — Philosophy Through Photography
New Year Resolutions
I’ve already decide what I do, with my own mindset for next year.
- Make a safer space on my platforms, without having to use Twitter or Facebook to do it.
- Go to Monarto Zoo! Where we can be in a cage and feed the Lions!
- Head to at least one Fringe event … Get out more basically.
- Start creating things on my days off, and learn to draw!
- Set up the spare room. My partners mum said she’s coming down these holidays. Do you know how much it would calm my mind to have a nicely put together spare room.
- Get Travie a harness, since he is NEVER going outside again without supervision.
- Try to be more…not understanding…but not lose my emotions when I speak with a transphobe.
- Start to come off the anxiety tablets and practice more mindfulness.
- Set up one of the other rooms, and make it more calm and a place for myself to escape.
- Take more selfies, even when I don’t feel pretty. Doesn’t mean they’ll be posted, but just for me =D
Too be completely honest with you all, when I first heard of “Mindfulness” I thought it was something to do with day dreaming.
I was clearly wrong…
Mindfulness is learning the ability to be present in the present moment. So when you have a anxiety moment/or moments. You are able to train and discipline yourself to calm yourself. Be in the moment.
Mindfulness is the psychological process of bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment, which one can develop through the practice of meditation and through other training. – Wikipedia (Mindfulness)
Mindfulness is about being present in the moment.
Some ideas on how to help being in the moment:
- Understand when you first start to practice Mindfulness, you are not an expert. Expect to get distracted still.
- Concentrate on what’s happening around you – Noises, smells
- Try and not be judgmental about what you see, smell.
- Notice what is in your immediate vicinity. How do your fingers feel on the surface your sitting on.
Do not worry if you start to drift off, and you don’t necessarily want to have a complete blank mind.
Being Aware, in that moment.
The Beauty of Mindfulness – by Milan Bakrania
This is such a beautifully written Blog post and extremely educational. Please read! This is something that I am trying to do at the moment.
When was the last time you gave your brain a rest?
Can you remember a time when you were not regretting the past or worrying about the future, when you were still and unburdened?
There’s something about the human race that makes us different from other living things. We can contemplate, question our existence, revel in exploration and realize our dreams. But, we can also tire ourselves out. Yes, we’ve embraced stress, there’s no doubt about it and the festive season is a particularly stressful time because of the expectations placed on individuals.
Thankfully, we’re good at finding solutions. One of the ways we deal with stress is by using an ancient method called mindfulness.
The idea of focusing the mind is older than recorded history. We’re all capable of doing it. Athletes do it all the time, as do musicians, stage performers, doctors and students. They enter a zone…
View original post 984 more words