I wanted to start this post off with saying “Yay! I thought of something to write” and I’m writing it in a hurry so hopefully I don’t get my English all mixed up!
Also though, when did a meme become a “fact” or a representative of a whole community? There are some good meme’s out there, I also know though in my mind that a meme doesn’t represent a community as as whole. So I have HUGE issue with the meme that is pictured below.
This meme tends to come up a lot when you see the fat vs skinny debate. I don’t know why people think this ONE meme represents an entire community, or that it’s some kind of evidence, because I know it’s not true. The majority of guys in my family, especially on my Dad’s side are all tall and skinny. My Dad’s nickname when he was younger was “Bones”. Now I get asked A LOT if my brother, cousins and Uncles are eating (generally by bigger people as well) BEHIND THEIR BACKS and through private messaging. So I know it DOES happen.
Also though and quiet frankly, someone SHOULD be talking to this guy. I don’t know why bragging how no one seems to care about your health is a good thing, or proves a point either? I would also be willingly to bet that people talk about it behind his back. He doesn’t mention as well though how everyone comments on how great he looks either.
As a society we are becoming bigger, it’s just a fact. Each person’s health will be different and it will depend on a lot of different factors. I’m not obese, but because of my families issues with high cholesterol. I do have high cholesterol, so I have to be aware of that all the time. So although I am not what people would call “obese” I know my body can become unhealthy very quickly. I do wonder though if people who do get so upset so quickly about their weight by strangers, might be feeling guilty? I always feel guilty when I eat bad food, because I know I probably shouldn’t.
It’s an interesting topic, I get called skinny by some and fat by others. Yet I never get upset about it. I don’t know why. I guess in some ways I know if I REALLY wanted to do something, I could. But it wont be because of someone else’s meme or opinion of me…Except for possibly my Doctors point of view,lol
*I still hope someone talks to this guy*
One thing I can say about this latest American election is that it truly has brought out some really truly astounding arguments, or why it is okay for either side to have done what they’ve done. Many of the arguments I have seen are:
- The memes! Just plain memes, other peoples words in a flashy picture. If you truly believe in something use your OWN words to fight for you.
- People who stand with Trump claiming “fake news” and then used Muslim women in chains saying the picture was live from the latest women’s march -.-
- People who tell others to “get over” the fact that Trump is now President, while complaining how complacent we had become…Which I agree with, we had become complacent, and I love that people are making sure the politicians know WE ARE WATCHING YOU…But which way do you want it…Complacent or Not?
- Fake Accounts: Because nothing says “I believe in what I’m saying and I know who I am and I have a backbone and I believe in my convictions” Like a fake account and no one has to know who you are.
- Well your side was accused of raping children too…So that somehow makes it okay for our side to be accused of raping children, because the other side was accused of it too. I think this one annoys me the most…It’s not OKAY for either side okay? I don’t care if the other side did it too, it doesn’t suddenly make it “okay” for your side to have done it … This is what is wrong with the world…
I have been trying to find a link to this video but all I can find are links to the video. This is amazing! I am sure that you have seen this meme “I’ve got a bowl of 10,000 M&M’s, 10 are poisoned. How many of you bleeding heart liberals are gonna grab a handful?
I am so sad that this week was the last for Last Week Tonight (YouTube Playlist) until February! John Oliver presents his show in a funny presentation while actually bringing real issues to affront and really does make you think and make a lot of “common sense”.
John Oliver M&M’s, Peanuts vs Syrian Refugee situtation (Crooks and Liars) Please do not let the “Crooks and Liars” part dissuade you from watching the video. I had to show this one as it was the only page with anything to do with video on it…Enjoy!
I found this hilarious article on BuzzFeed (written/edited by Mathew Guiver) and how much funnier can you get than the funny “single” ladies that a grouping of funny meme of the Golden Girls! (I say single because that was one of the main themes of the shows…Although Rose had a long term relationship with Miles and Dorothy got married at the end).
I LOVE the Golden Girls, they are always playing reruns on Foxtel and I watch them as much as I can. They were (and still are, just my personal opinion) amazing role models about being ‘older’ single ladies.