Uploaded by: smithbianca
Uploaded by: smithbianca
So it has been…Since I don’t know when I posted something under this topic. What happened (if you are a fairly new readers) I started a category on here, talking about being single in a small city (a clever take I thought on a famous television show with a similar title). I had set-up a dating site, was dating, all sorts of things.
I was determined to start looking at dating in a whole new light.
Then, I am not even joking, within probably a fortnight of starting the new category. I met someone and now we are all “Facebook Official”. I have learnt that you are not “official” until you are official Facebook. We’ve even said that the big “L” word.
HOWEVER, I do pretty much have 31 years of being single behind me. I have dated the worst, the best and the…well I don’t know what to call them really…behind me. So I will continue to use this category, just more about advice and things I’ve learnt about dating over the years.
For my piece of advice I am going to repost a post of mine, because this an important one! What we leave behind
When you are single you need to be able to have something “fun” and when you have someone in your life, doesn’t matter if it’s a boyfriend or a “lover” (I always say that word funnily). Do not let someone like this determine how good you’re getting it ~.^
I have now turned 30 + 1, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to write about what I learnt in my 20’s as I now head into my 30’s…Scary as!
1. If you are lucky enough to have a good family, this is extremely rare, spend all the family time you can with them.
2. You don’t have to get drunk ALL the time, know your limits, not only will you not throw up but you wont have a hangover the next day!
3. Facebook does not equal best friends for life.
4. Take all the selfie’s you want too! You don’t have to post them on Facebook or Instagram, but if they make you feel good…Go for it!
5. Make time for friends and your romantic relationships.
6. Have at least ONE passionate lover that you do not date and you can be friends with afterwards. (Be safe!)
7. Volunteer or stand up for at least one cause you are completely passionate about!
8. You do not know everything…Listen.
9. Make time for yourself.
10. Not everyone is going to get married, live together and have children in that order and it IS okay not to have children.
11. If you have a passion for your job, or find a job you are passionate about, stick with it and improve at it!
12. If you have children in your 20’s, don’t let the rest of the world babysit and take care of your babies. Take pride in raising your children and don’t let the rest of the world tell you what makes a “good” or “bad” parent. Don’t be ashamed though to ask for help! There’s a lot of willing to help out there!
13. Not everyone is and will be your best friend for life, but you will figure out who your “real” friends are.
14. It’s okay to let go and still care about a person.
15. Do not let bad relationships waste your time or control your life. If you can’t let go…Get Help!
16. I repeat…Facebook does NOT equal best friends for life.
17. Sometimes you just need a cuddle from and with someone or an animal that is warm.
18. Do NOT stop reading! It doesn’t matter what it is, never stop reading!
19. Go to a local festival, convention, concert or to theatre at least one a year!
20. It is completely normal to be in your Twenties (heading towards your Thirty) and have a crush on a Celebrity.
Have a passion that is all your own! Like myself and my Blogging =D
We’ve all had one, haven’t we? That person that we want, that person we can’t have, the one that we can never have? You’re not in love with them and you’re not planning or are going to cheat on your current partner, but you can’t help but think about them. What would it be like to be with them, just one night with them? Even when you’re single and you still can’t have them, you want them, they’re the one you think of during the night, the one that “helps” you to get over your heart break.
I feel really terrible, with my fantasy guy, I could never have him. But I really want him, even for just one night. Even when we were both single and even before I met the guy I’m with now, I can’t have him and I really wanted him. You see, I woke up to hear him singing one morning and I don’t think he knew that I was there. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard and he plays the guitar…but I was lying there, completely falling for his voice, and at the same time I was lying right next to my partner, at the time.
I had laid there so still, as to not wake up my (now ex) partner and I just listened to this amazinginly beautiful voice signing one of my favourite songs of all time and strumming his guitar. Soak through the thin walls and into my mind and I haven’t been able to shake it out of their since. He’s been the one that I sing about in the shower, he’s the one that I think about in the darkness of the night and this will be the only time I ever tell about it to another soul.
There is nothing worse than a fantasy lover that you can never have.
The one who makes you feel like this… (the song that inspired me to write this post)
Uploaded by BeckGVEVO
Download “Can’t Stop Dancin'” on iTunes:
This has been something I have been thinking about a lot lately. When I look back on all of my lovers (because I’ve had oh so many =P) the ones that I can say were the best lovers I had, were also pretty much my best friends…The ones where it to satisfy an means to an end, I was never satisfied afterwards and those guys always ended up being the ones who caused me the most dramas.
I guess because they didn’t try to get to know me and because I am a girl who can find fun with a guy without wanting to be in a relationship and they don’t think girls can handle it. I miss my best friends…Why did they have to go and get girlfriends for?lol…That is another thing though, even having girlfriends, I can still go and talk to them about pretty much everything still. Whereas the other “ones” are being completely passive aggressive and you know that they are writing statuses and liking pictures to have a go at you.
I wish that I still had a special best friend like them in my life. I am so tired of ‘playing’ with these silly boys who think that liking a profile picture/status or tagging you in a picture is some kind of “flirting” Will Shakespeare would be turning in his grave! I miss mucking about with someone and then being able to giggle and cuddle afterwards (and nap) and then have both of us go on with our lives. I sincerely miss you! ❤
I am definitely proof that best friends can make the best lovers!