This is what Hate in general does too you. Hate rots your damn mind lol. You look at “people” like Trump supporters the whole Trump Crime Family, Folau, Transphobia Their comments always make sane people go “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”? lol
Literally everything on that list above, women CAN have. Women CAN have flat chests people!lol. There are some men that have bigger boobs than some women! Athletic women, tend to have flat chests. Women CAN be hairy. Some women do not have curves. We are not all made the same. With a lot of trans people, you can’t tell these things anyway. There are some fantastic drugs and procedures, products out there. There is also clothing out there that can shape you, to make you look like you have curves. Think Kardashian products, corsets. When my brother first started in Drag, he used to take my Mums and mine best bras and stuff them, and sow them in. (When he first started people kept asking me, did I find it weird. I would tell them no, I didn’t…I just never did…But it annoyed me that he took my clothes! You know those Facebook memories? Well, every now and then he’ll post one wearing a top I’d thought I had lost!) There is also clothing that do this as well, for flat chested women, push-up bras.
Basically, this is a really DUMB list. That would actually exclude a LOT of lesbians. Like Ellen! She is very masculine.
So this year I wanted to get down what I’ve learnt and what I hope to achieve next year and what I achieved this year. Let’s do this! Please feel free to share with us anything about this year! I went with 19 initially because we are going from 2018 to 2019. This is actually what I have posted on my personal Facebook as well as reflecting on the year a bit. I just wasn’t sure that you’d all be interested in that.
19 Things that make me happy to be alive.
I saw this on a Blog that I enjoy reading and I thought it was a fantastic idea! I went with 19 because we’re heading into 2019. Instead of a get to know me type list, or a goals list. Last year I thought I was going to die and I didn’t, but it’s the closest I’ve felt like I’ve come to it. Instead of getting to know me, how about the things and people that make me happy to be alive.
- That I am still alive to make the choice to walk away and/or stay ❤
- Music…Some people pray to God, I pray to Music.
- When you are reading a new book from a new author and you love it and you don’t want to stop reading it.
- I have been reading classic novels and have read a huge amount of the Agatha Christie books this year, instead of just watching the movies and the tv shows. I love them! When you read the books, you realise WHY the author is a classic author. If you do want to follow me, I’m on Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/24833271-lauren
- The people in my life right now. When I think about it, the most toxic people are gone. Any doubts I have had about myself, have come from myself and not someone from the outside. Which I can’t even begin to explain how new that is to me. Or how freeing it is.
- Nature…Have you ever just sat outside and just looked up? Have you ever just gone for a walk in it, just to go for a walk in it? Have you just sat and listened to the birds?
- Food…Freaking food man…It’s the best!
- When the shower is that “perfect” temperature…You all know what I’M TALKIN’ BOUT!
- That I got to live in the generation who were able to really appreciate the awesome of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
- Finding that even if you can’t get your dream or perfect job, as long as you like the people you work with. It doesn’t matter.
- Animals – Just am thankful that I get to live in a world with them, and hope to continue so! Except Mosquitos, lol
- My health…I may have Anxiety, but overall it’s made me go and get my entire health checked out. My cholesterol was a little high at the beginning of the year and now it’s good again. If it wasn’t for my anxiety, I would have never have gone and got it checked.
- Just being a kind person. I’m starting to realise, how little people are kind these days. Just simple acknowledgements of other people’s existence. It’s such a simple, but vital quality to have!
- Although I may not drive yet, and I’m not rich. I love being able to visit, pretty much, all over the country and see what a beautiful country I live in.
- During my time on medication and not being able to drink, I’m still a lot of fun when I’m sober, lol.
- I really love the Internet, for one major reason. It means I can watch live feeds. I can watch safari live, I can watch my friends on Twitch. Its part of the reason I love being alive, right this moment!
- That when I want, I can just turn off the Internet, into the arms of loving people.
- That we have the resources to take better care of ourselves, and each other. We have a good understanding of what we need to take care of ourselves, we live in a wonderful age.
- I’m thankful for the people who’ve attacked me and hated on me. They are the ones who make me realise how happy and how lucky I am.
I believe I’m loved when I’m completely by myself alone
Library in the worldBook Riot – Six Bad-ass Librarians
I found this awesome article on Book Riot and they had a list of what the consider to be the most Six Bad-Ass Librarian in pop culture. I felt however they were some missing from the article! See if you agree with me.
- Giles from “Buffy…I mean come on! He knew about a lot of monsters, demons and different demonic languages! He’d also sometimes side-by-side, fight with Buffy.
- Now technically the greatest Library in the world, has more robots for “Librarians” than actually living breathing Librarians.
- The of course there are all the “Librarians” in the tv series…”The Librarians”.
- Who doesn’t know about “Belle” as the Librarian from “Once upon a time”!.
- Mrs Phelps from “Matilda”.
Christmas! I know, I know! I am that terrible that is reminding people of things they don’t want to think about at the moment.
Now you may be asking yourself…but it’s the 24th today, not the 25th…Has the Library gone crazy? Not all…It is five months from today until Christmas, Christmas Eve…The last day of shopping! Possibly one of the craziest days of the year! All that last minute shopping…Those last “spare presents” for people who buy you something, but you have nothing for them!
Why am I bringing this up now?
Let’s talk about handy hints, so it’s not as crazy around Christmas time and you can actually relax a bit more around the holiday times. You have to start early! I am going to list some suggestions that I do that helps with Christmas times.
- Usually I started putting something away each fortnight at the beginning of June. It can be 10 dollars or even up too 50 dollars.
- Then around August I start getting little bits and pieces.
- For my mum, dad, brother and anyone that I’m dating I’ll buy three presents. Two can be little fun things, that are not too expensive. The third one is a bit more expensive and is something they have actually asked for.
- I also have to take into account that, on one side of my family we do a “Secret Santa” thing and the most we’re supposed to spend is $50.00
- You can get some great deals after Christmas (not all things have to happen before). Wrapping paper, cards…trees, are usually cheaper after the holidays. That way you are prepared for the next year as well. I usually buy another roll of wrapping paper after Christmas. Even if I haven’t run out that year.
I have this friend…She’s what a lot of people who would call her “desperate” in terms of she REALLY wants to be in a relationship and because of that she has made some terrible choices. One of which was on and off and is, what I thought at the moment, off and had been for nearly a year. However, recently I’ve discovered through all her talk and Facebook statuses about not being able to move on and blah, blah, blah…I recently discovered she STILL texts him all the time and goes out with him on the weekend. I thought she was just hanging out with some friends and some of his family members…but now I’ve discovered, apparently, him too. Which was made apparent when she posted a photo with him…Which neither any of our friends liked.
Which part of this is her moving on, if she is still apart of his life in every single way?
It’s a mindset I just do not understand.
She’s not the only person I know who does it to an extreme either. I have a family member who doesn’t speak to pretty much all her family members except for one. Even then she only started speaking to her recently. Some she stopped speaking with for good reasons, but others are really stupid. For example, one of her brothers didn’t want to come to a party because he had just had a break down. BUT she has a friend who has taken tens of thousands of her dollars and retirement fund, not paying a single cent back for nearly two years, but gets hurt when they don’t want to hang out with her? Yet she keeps telling us that she’s moved on from all the other family members and she doesn’t care what they do or about their lives…YET AGAIN…She constantly stalks their Facebook and is always telling me or asking me about things on their Facebook. Things I haven’t seen because I am not stalking their profiles…But you know…She doesn’t care.
When I’ve had to let go of people, I admit, the first few months I am genuinely curious what is going in and I may go see their social media pages, depending on my mood. However, at some point I stop. I had once ex who I couldn’t even be in a pub or club with and I didn’t keep hanging out with their families and I have my own friends.
These are some things that I do when I want to move on:
- I will un-follow people to being with and then after time I might even unfriend and block them.
- If I block them I will always write to them beforehand why I’m doing that.
- I try to distance myself for a little while from any mutual friends we have. I find that people who genuinely wanted to be friends with you, will stick around.
- I will block their number from my phone and delete it. If I need there are other ways I can contact them most of the time.
Nothing like a good day of International Happiness, so I am making a list of EVERYTHING that I can think of that makes me happy. I have actually been working on this particular post for a couple of weeks, so that I can cover as much happiness as I can. There is no rhyme or reason to this list, it just is. You might even find a couple that you agree with.
What about you? What are a couple of things that just instantly make you happy?
- When either my puppy or my partners cat tongue gets stuck outside their mouth, it’s just so cute.
- When I’m craving something and I don’t know what I’m craving and somehow, very randomly, I eat something and it’s that something that I was craving.
- The smell of my black candles, I don’t know what it is, but there smell is intoxicating, so I use them very little, as the shops ran out of that particular candle.
- Cuddling up with any of my plushies.
- Choosing “random shuffle” on my ipod and getting all the songs in a row that match my mood.
- The funny air hugs I have with a particular coworker, since she found out with some people I get funny with hugging them. It’s turned into our little joke, we air hug, air chest bump.
- Those nights/days that you get to yourself, you have nothing to do but veg out.
- When I make it through an entire drive without panicking too much.
- I love it when I can watch Twitch, Safari Live and play games at the same time. Usually only happens on a Saturday.
- Christmas Day spent with my Mums side of the family.
- The Christmas Eve Barbecue we’ve started having with people we’re close to but don’t get to see on Christmas.
- Real Husbands of Hollywood, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Homicide Hunter. I never ever watch these shows just in the background.
- All my favourite musicals.
- Just sitting and doing nothing and NOT feeling guilty about it.
- Being in a car and just having a normal conversation without feeling any of my odd anxiety issues.
- When you buy clothes online and it all fits perfectly…Especially pants and shoes!
- When I have more money in my bank account than I had expected.
After reading through the fascinating post written by the amazing Blogger Addlepates and book nerds (Go and check them out!) I decided to “steal” and write up my own list, especially after what I wrote with my last post last week about having a Reading Block. I went with 15 instead of 25 because I kept stopping and starting and realised this was about to post!lol
- I am yet to try out Kindles and e-readers. It’s not that I am totally against the idea, it’s more that I haven’t really gotten around to it. I’ve asked for one for Christmas and Birthday and nothing yet!
- Like my previous post suggests, I either read a lot or not at all. I can’t just seem to read a chapter or so. I either start and don’t stop, or I don’t start at all!
- I don’t really enjoy pure romance novels like “Mills and Boons”, but I would never discourage someone from reading them either.
- My Grandmother was a really good Library Manager and when I was little I used to visit her at the Library all the time and joined in all the holiday activities.
- I still have a lot of books from my childhood, but a lot of them are now in boxes. I still love pulling them out and reading them.
- Talking about childhood books, there’s always a couple of them I read every single year.
- I’ve just recently thanked everybody who bought me books when I was kid, they are expensive!
- I want more bookcases…Who doesn’t though!
- My favourite author is Jodi Picoult, I love the research she does and how she can write a story from every point of view.
- I once wrote a few episode ideas for a TV show based on a fantasy online role playing games I was playing at the time. Think X-Men Evolution. Except, instead of mutants, you had sorceress, elves, and humans, etc. I think it’s somewhere still in my house.
- Writing about writing, I currently have a book I’m writing for fun, based on a character I played in a game called Monster Hunter.
- I was the only Year 12 (Senior at High School) who understood what Shakespeare was talking about.
- I can enjoy a book and the movie adaption without hating the other. I can see them as their own work. Except for making Fili and Kili’s death all about Tauriel!!! I didn’t even mind her until that happened.
- I try to buy at least new three books a year. Which probably doesn’t sound like a lot, but I’ve got no space either. I very rarely throw any out.
- I find that there is a book quote for every single thing in life. It’s one of the reasons I started “Weekly Random Literature Quotes”.
Just like Addlepates and Book Nerds, I am also going to tag the last five people who followed me. In no particular order:
Share Your World … Week 26
What’s your most memorable (good or bad) airplane flight?
I get motion sickness so they always tend to not be great, but it’s why I prefer to travel during the day, even during Winter/horrible weather. Mainly because you fly over the clouds and seem to encounter very little turbulence.
How many bones, if any, have you broken?
Luckily I have not broken any bones…Yet! Knock on Wood!
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know)
Oh, I really like this question! One of my guests would have to be Audrey Hepburn, I just find her and her life incredibly fascinating and definitely a life well lived! I would love to interview my Poppa Joe, just so I can see him one more time, but also because he did have such a great mind. I’d love to know what he makes of certain things now.
Make a Currently List: What are you reading, watching, listening to, eating, needing, wanting, and missing right now?
- Keeping Faith – Jodi Picoult (I’ve actually been “Reading” this one for a couple of months now).
- Q.I (UK)
- I am relistening to Within Temptation and Enyas new album!
- I had a mixture for dinner, pumpkin soup, spring rolls and fried rice.
- I need something that stops my leg aching >.<
- I am also wanting something that stops my leg aching…and a Library job!
- My baby boo =D hehe
I…(either bravely or really stupidly) decided to throw a Halloween Party next week at my house and there’s quiet a few people that are coming.
See, I live in Australia and we don’t actually really celebrate Halloween…(although each year it seems to get bigger)…I have a list, but you know when you have a list and you think to yourself it’s still wont be “enough” That’s where I am right now.
So, anyone with any ideas? SO far I’ve got “Cards against Humanity” (card game) I’m trying to figure out how to put my horror/thriller movies that I’ve already bought onto my Itunes, I’ve got one on there so far, and that was with help from someone else…lol.