24. Write about a lesson, you’ve learned about the hard way
I think that the hardest lesson that I learnt is that it’s better to be alone, than to feel alone. When my Pa, my mums dad, died. I was in a relationship that I didn’t want to be in. I chose to stay. I didn’t want to lose anybody else. The problem was, when my Pa died, I lost probably the most positive male influence I had in my life. My partner at the time, was not a bad person, persay, but he had no backbone either.
His roommate hated my guts. I think he might be gay, and was in love with my partner at the time. My partner, had no backbone. I kept waiting for him to step up for me, he never did. I walked around the corner and found a fist in my face, from his room mate. When I told my partner about it, he said that I needed to stop making trouble.
We went out one night, and while we were waiting for the bus, there was this group of young guys who looked a little like they might be trouble. I realised after a while, that he, my partner, had gone behind me. Leaving my front vulnerable. Our mutual friend who was with us at the time, noticed this too and we started to make fun of him.
I should have broken up with him a LOT sooner than I did, but I was frightened though, I held on. Went through another 6 months of being bullied and being used as a shield -.- It’s one of the rare regrets I have in my life.
21. What three lessons do you want your children to learn from you?
- For them to have some common sense. It really doesn’t seem that many have common sense these days. I have actually have a couple of scheduled posts around that topic, this week. I just find that a lot of our problems, everywhere. Are coming from just a lack of common sense.
- General kindness…By general, I mean, be kind to others. But don’t necessarily just go all out on fully trusting people. Keep a little doubt to yourself, until they have proven themselves.
- Enjoy your life! If things are getting too hard, take a breathe and start again tomorrow. There’s always tomorrow. You don’t owe anyone a reason why you need a break. Chances are, they’ve probably been where you are in some form or another.
Share Your World – 6/3/19
Do you think there is such a thing as a ‘gendered’ brain?
I believe that we all have a bit of a gendered brain. Some just happen to have more than gender than another gender. What does it even mean to have a gendered brain? Do boys have a more “masculine” gendered brain?
Credit for this rather odd question goes to:
What is the silliest fear you have?
Ones I have now are probably too personal to write about on WordPress at this moment in time. When I was little though, I used to fear red apples, because of a certain little movie.
Credit goes to Rory
Out of your family members, who are you closest to?
Maybe lame, but I am probably closest to my Mum now, these days. It used to be my Grandmother, but unfortunately she’s starting to become a bit angry. She’s kind of always been a little grumpy, but she’s started making catastrophes out of nothing. We think something happened to her, but she wont tell us what. Mum and I have gotten closer and a lot more honest with each other in the last couple of years.
What is something you’ll NEVER do again?
I will never waste my time or my life again worrying about toxic people and toxic friendships (relationships are just a given, but I don’t see us breaking up anytime soon with my current partner. I love him and it’s the healthiest relationship I’ve ever had).
Gratitude and Thankfulness
If you’d like, please share a photo or a comment about something good that’s happened recently! Thanks!
I made myself take a mental health day. I haven’t felt I’ve needed one for such a long time and it’s okay to have one day every now and then.
Share Your World, 12-3-18
What are the most important lesson(s) you’ve learned in life?
- Listen to your gut…Who knows you better than you!
- Never judge a book by it’s cover.
- Instead of hating, try to understand.
How did you meet your husband/wife or significant other? How did you know he/she was “the one”?
I am not married…Yet…We have been talking about it a lot though lately. We have been together for about 3-4 years now, so it’s coming up a lot. We met online though, I went to the online dating site as dare initially and he was actually the first one I picked. My mum made me chose someone else as well to go on a date, even though I really did not like the guy. She wanted me to have choices and I was so resistant, because if it was just beginners luck…Why is that bad? I can go back online,lol…I was also SO lucky because he was starting to shut down his others profiles, so timing was perfect! Now I’ve been with him for numerous years and we are starting to get me to move in and talking about getting married.
If you could take a year-long paid sabbatical, what would you do?
If I could afford to I would travel to three places, one Disneyland, one Hobbit land in New Zealand and the other is all over Ireland. I would stay with my Gran for a bit.
What is your favorite thing to buy at a movie theater concession stand? (credit to The Haunted Wordsmith for this one)
Popcorn…I always need to have popcorn, even if I’ve had dinner beforehand and my tummy is full.
What are some Holiday Traditions you and/or your family observe in December?
One traditions that the adults in my family do now, that my Grandfather (now passed away) started. We do a secret Santa for the adults in the family and then we send out a list about what we want. Instead of wrapping it in Christmas Wrapping paper, we wrap the presents in newspaper.
With any relationship in life (whether that be romantic, friendly and family) sometimes the worse situations we go through with them, are the lessons in life that are the hardest to learn.
Throughout my life (and I am sure others as well) I have learnt the most about myself and others, through my worse situations. Over the years this has meant that I have learnt every single time from it.
It’s been coming up a lot about how I’ve been since I lost my “friends”…I was worried myself for a bit there because I was really happy to be honest,lol…Maybe I am this terrible human being…Then I started to realise, no, it’s because life before this has taught me so much and when I started to realise how little they brought to my life…because it’s was always about them…Not anybody else…That’s when I forgave myself for not being sadder.
It was interesting because my partner said to me that if they came back on their hands and knees begging for my forgiveness and I said “No…I’ve already forgiven them, but I will never be friends with any of those three ever again”.
I had a situation a few years ago where these two girls were constantly cyber bullying me and it got to the point where I deactivated my account. I then made a new Myspace (that’s how old this story is!) and I did not put these girls back…for more than obvious reasons and I lost a LOT of “friends” because of that. I was competently gobsmacked by that, but it also proved who truly did care and who never did. All those who had unfriended me never had a conversation with me before they did it. It became very apparent to me that these people clearly put certain parts of their anatomy over actual friendships.
The funniest part I found about that situation is that over the years they’ve stopped speaking with each other, but then came back together and stopped speaking again,lol…Then one of them sent me a friends request on Facebook, no message, nothing, no apology…So I declined,lol
The biggest reason I don’t miss them is because they never brought ANYTHING to my life, it was always about them! You can’t miss what was never there!
52. Life Lessons learnt this year
Well this is definitely no small topic! It’d be easier to write about what I haven’t learnt this year!
- It’s during the hard time that you truly do find out who loves you and who your friends are.
- Read something that makes you feel uncomfortable, but makes you understand more.
- I think we need to start taking our health more seriously. Even when we’re young, we do take a lot of it for granted.
- Have an extra circular hobby! There’s nothing like being sick and not being able to get out and having nothing to do. Nothing to concentrate on when you are stuck inside!
- When you are feeling blue…Watch a comedy! Don’t listen to anything sad or miserable. Watch something that really makes you laugh.
- If you don’t sleep well it can really screw up your day…Ever since I started taking my anxiety medication, I have been having real trouble falling asleep.
- Although this may sound very depressing. Learn to take care of yourself, with the real important things. Don’t rely on others too help you.
I am a BIG believer in learning something new every single day…Literally a huge believer in it, so I decided to test my theory on this. I got the idea from Dave’s Corner of the Universe … When better to do it then the month of my birthday? A whole new year, another year around the sun…sigh…lol…Although this will be coming all in one full post, I will be posting about something new that I learned that day. Whether that be about myself, someone else or just some random fact…Enjoy! Let’s learn together…
For the Month of April…
- Too much Heinz spaghetti in one toastie, will explode in the sandwich toaster.
- Scientologist/Scientology….BLOW MY MIND! How it’s all legal, is beyond me. Watch Louis Theroux and Leah Remini series.
- I can feel the difference now when I drink coffee and when I drink black/earl grey tea. How it heightens and how coffee buzzes with my mind, which does not help anxiety. Try and stop drinking coffee for two weeks and see how you feel with that first cup of joe after two weeks.
- People do NOT read the letters they are given. Then honestly expect you to give them…oh I don’t know…Their thousands of dollars school course for free, because they’ve waited till the last minute to setup their fees…Since they’ve gotten the final letter saying they’ll be taken to the debt collectors…Like that’s our fault? How surprising it is to see just SO many people NOT pay fees. I couldn’t live with it!
- Ian McKellen was asked to play Dumbledore
- Alligators are apparently more “placid” than Crocodiles.
- Sometimes when you feel a cold or the flu coming on…Do everything! Stay Warm, drink lots of tea, have some Panadol and have lots of vitamin C I swear that it holds it off.
- Even a sip of off milk can hurt/upset your stomach…Do not ask! If you’re not sure, throw it out.
- Karula the magnificent Leopard is feared dead, as we haven’t seen her in such a long time. I never thought I could feel so much dread of an animal I have never met.
- Possible sympathy cold? Can you get those?
- Napoleon abdicated willingly and was exiled.
- If you work hard enough, you always get where you want in the end.
- Having two days in a row to do nothing is truly something I may have too treasure soon! I can always say no, but I wont want to for a while.
- Is there any chocolate any better than dark peppermint chocolate?
- I got to watch April the Giraffe give birth live!
- My body is capable of a lot, I just wish my mind could catch up!
- Weather is really weird, when it’s changing from season to season and I never know how many jackets or cardigans to carry with me.
- Slenderman is freaking freaky and I haven’t even played the game! (Watching “Fear the Slenderman“…The true story of the two young girls who attempted to kill their “friend” to appease the Slenderman)
- In 1770 Captain James Cook first sighted Australia.
- Gators the latest in bush-walking fashion.
- I don’t think Instagram is the place to talk about Equality, unless you fit that persons “box”.
- Not sleeping well two nights in a row (just can’t sleep) really makes you feel unwell. Then sleeping during the day makes it harder to sleep at night, again.
- I love that we are STILL finding things like these ancient Egyptian Tombs, it really is fascinating. Another piece of a puzzle!
- Emperor Penguins have 100 feathers per square inch.
- Lest We Forget
- I heard the best quote today “We have learnt our rights, but we have not learnt our responsibilities”.
- The 27th of 2017 is #safarilive and WildEarth 10th birthday of streaming live feeds of streaming live safari’s…PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT!
- In 1770 Captain James Hook, aboard the Endeavour ship, lands at Botany Bay in Australia.
- There is absolutely a reason why they have Warnings on the packets of headache/pain tablets, about not drinking alcohol after you’ve taken them…Don’t ask,lol
- I have always believed that animals have emotions, but I’m not sure who else agrees.
They just do…Don’t they…We should be more like them.
I have kept meaning to post this one! There is nothing more that makes me angry than someone who will try and hurt you by shaming you, publicly, and then not have the backbone to apologise, even privately! I honestly and really don’t care if you tell every other single soul on this planet “I shouldn’t have done that” You HAVE to tell ME! (Also I am aware of my bad spelling, but I was trying to fit it all in).
I see a lot of people who want Karma towards a lot of people who have hurt them or harmed them in some way or another. By this it seems that a lot of people want them to have some big event or other (and sometimes for the other person to have this overwhelming need to apologise).
This is how I see Karma. It’s not a one big event thing and they more than likely are not ever going to apologise. Take comfort in this though. Every day they are living their Karma. Every day they have to live with being caught with their lie, or how they’ve hurt someone. They are feeling it, trust me. The only type of person who can hurt another and not feel it…Well that’s just psychopathic.
Take myself, for example. I had someone who decided to impress me by insulting his sister and his best friend, just to get into my pants, which did not work. I was then not invited to anymore parties and slowly I have not heard from anyone since (It’s a common theme for them. They do something wrong and you get “punished”) Now I could be hurt by this, except I feel sorry for him.
Can you imagine it? He doesn’t like his sister being there and he has to live with his friends saying disgusting things about her ALL THE TIME. Trust me he knows they are…How do I know this? Because he used to do it about other girls. You know the Trump “locker talk” stuff? Well they do that. Even if they didn’t too his face and I have seen some of them do it, he knows exactly what is going on. He must be SO pissed off. I don’t need need some big event, he must feel so alone, not being able to say he doesn’t actually want her around. Knowing the horrible things the say about her, knowing they don’t actually respect her, for her.
I don’t need to do a damn thing. If people wont talk to me about why I was suddenly not invited either, they have to live with that too. Which has happened to me over this situation as well. It’s not surprising, but it’s still disappointing.