(I’m English and I love Anne Stokes)
St George’s Day in England remembers St George, England’s patron saint. The anniversary of his death, which is on April 23, is seen as England’s national day. According to legend, he was a soldier in the Roman army who killed a dragon and saved a princess.
Artist: Anne Stokes
Image: Loyal Company
Trawling through Facebook today and it is terrifying me the hatred that is out there. I mean hatred by ALL men and women from all backgrounds not just one in particular. Do these people even realise that they even sound like the very people that they hate?
Anyways I was having a really hard time not giving into the fear and yelling at them all (by writing in cap-locks of course) and telling them how stupid they all are. Then I found this video. It’s time to all hug our teddy’s (press for link to article and video) If you ever feel scared and alone, just hug your favourite teddy (because it might not be a bear…Mine is a plush Lion and now a Olaf)
The author and creator of the film is by Tyler Novo and you can find the entire film including the credits.
Having a conversation with a good girlfriend tonight and we are shocked…repeat SHOCKED…by the amount of guys that are in relationships and/or married that hit on us. Both my girlfriend and I are single and these “respectable taken” men are not helping the cause. There are a few things that make me really mad about it:
- How can you call my ex a douche when you’re doing what you’re doing? He didn’t make promises of marriage or anything close to that.
- Most…in fact, pretty much all of them…claim to be bi-sexuals…I’m not sure if they think that they gives them a special permission to hit on other people while married or something?
- What makes them think I’d ever go for a married man to begin with? I never have and never would…I am not desperate and there are a lot more guys out there that are not someone’s sloppy seconds.
- What makes me angriest the most though…My brother is gay, my cousin is gay…Yet these…Wankers…are able to get married and STILL hit on single people, like myself.
- I have not seen ONE of them hit on a guy…Just single girls…But this is who Christians really want representing them?…Really? Both my brother and cousins have been in long term committed relationships and neither one has ever been accused of straying. Yet, they can’t marry and these guys can.
- You never hear of their partners being bi-sexual…Amazing, isn’t it.
All these guys are doing is harming myself and my girlfriends and relationships in general. We are single for a reason and these guys are a huge part of that. I can think of maybe one or two couples who don’t seem to do this.
We obsess over characters like Thorin and Thor and Mr Darcy because the truth is, to find a decent guy (I still believe that they are out there still) is getting harder and harder to find. These guys damage the rest of you guys and put single girls like me off.