See more Cee’s Pick Me Up inspirational posters on my Pinterest page. I’ve put together a list of challenges and their hosts. So if you know a challenge host, please direct them to my blog. Feel free to contact me anytime. I hope everyone will be able to use my lists. Qi (energy) hugs CeePick Me Up: You may think that … — Cee’s Photo Challenges
- Are you thin or thick skinned? Are you easily offended or tend to let it just roll off your back like a duck does with water? I used to get really upset and hold it in and became offended easily. Now, not so much. I can’t really afford to do that anymore. I’ve learnt whose there for me and that’s the important thing. I got called a Charlie today,lol…Meaning I’m like a Jack Russell, I seem all cute, little and sweet, but when something makes me mad…I go. Charlie because that’s what they think most Jack Russell’s are called,lol. I can accept that,lol
- How important are morals in a healthy society? What are the most important morals for citizens to have? (Credit to Rory for this question) There are a few (I think):
Respect and Dignity for others.
- What will your epitaph be? It’d have to be “I’ll be fine”. I have said that my whole life. Even when I’m not, I say I’ll be fine, because generally, I am. I am still here and I am “fine”. Everything will work out fine.
- (I don’t admire either/or questions much, which is why you won’t see ‘em often. Today is an exception) French toast, pancakes or waffles? Can I have all three at once? =D If I had to choose though:
- What were you grateful for this past week? Getting more work shifts! It’s been horrible, every day up until my shifts. Every time I signed into my work email, someone else wasn’t going to be there. Which I am honestly surprised by, because usually at this busy time of the year, people can’t have a whole week off. If I wasn’t making good money from this, I’d be so annoyed. But I am really struggling to keep my finances in order. At the moment I feel like I maybe the only one at work and that’s not good,lol. So if I’ve seemed quieter this week, it’s because I am over tired.
There was no way that today of all days I was not going to write something about such an important topic!
Rhino’s are probably one of the earths large animals that are being hunted into extinction.
World Rhino Day was first planned by World Wildlife Fund-South Africa in 2010. Then, in 2011, Lisa Jane Campbell of Zimbabwe and Rhishja Larson joined forces to promote World Rhino Day 2011.
- There are all five species of rhino: black, white, greater one-horned rhinos, Javan and Sumatran. All Rhinoceros are herbivores, meaning that they only consume plants, and lots of them.
- The Black, Javan and Sumatran Rhinoceros species are listed as critically Endangered, meaning that they have a 50% change of extinction within 3 generations.
If you wanted to de-clutter where you live, what room / space would you start with? (And why, if you’re feel like admitting to it.)
This is actually a funny question, I am currently de-cluttering my own room. If I get into a “mood” that is usually where I first go too, I have so much stuff to get rid off and I’m planning on moving out. Also, it just feels like the right time to start getting rid of stuff, there’s a lot of clothes I’ve never worn, that sort of thing. New chapter and all that.
If you want to remember something important, how do you do it (sticky note on the fridge, string around your finger, etc.), and does it work?
I “text myself” and by that I mean, I will write a text message to myself. It does work actually work me. Even if I just write down some key words, and it does seem to work.
If you could create a one room retreat just for yourself, what would be the most important sense to emphasize: sight (bright natural light, dim light, etc.), hearing (silence, music, fountain, etc.), smell (candles, incense, etc), touch (wood, stone, soft fabrics, etc.), or taste (herbal tea, fresh fruit, etc.)?
This is a good question! It would have to smell, there is nothing worse than a horrible smell, it can be really off putting to me. Think about when you open your bin or your fridge and there is some kind of funky smell. I don’t know about anyone else but that instantly puts me off, it makes me instantly tense. A nice smell makes me feel relaxed and happy.
If you could interview one of your great-great-great grandparents, who would it be (if you know their name) and what would you ask?
My family on either side sound completely fascinating, I would love to interview my Great great great grandparents. I would honestly not know who to choose.
This post was inspired by something I was kind of involved with over the weekend. Mainly seeing the same saying coming up “2016…The Year to be offended by everything” People who were saying this were inspired by this post I found on Facebook.
It’s probably a phrase that most people are familiar with. Now what was cracking me up was all the comments *mental note: Stop reading the comments*…I was literally laughing through the comments, they run through from everything racism to how humans are superior to animals, to heated debate if Nala is a Queen or a Princess.
I know there are issues out there that are completely serious and people should “educate themselves” about *another phrase from 2016*. However, sometimes I think getting upset over topics like these, my comment “You all don’t know how to Disney”, detract from actual important issues. It just doesn’t seem to me to be proactive. Some things, to me, just need to stay fun. You need to have fun and good times, so you have the strength to fight for what matters. You can’t fight all the time, it takes too much out of you.
Plus, Nala was totally a Princess…Did you see any other male Lions around other than Scar? If you say Scar could be her father, we totally cannot be friends! =P
Here in Australia we are coming to a very important time of year…Tax Time!
(Here is the website to the ATO’s website…very important information to read…https://www.ato.gov.au/Tax-professionals/Prepare-and-lodge/Tax-Time-2015/)
So from today until the 31st of October it’s time to put in and lodge your Tax forms Australians!
What is the most important thing that you ever learned? (I bet it’s not something you learned in school)
No matter how genuinely nice you are and want to help others. For every nice genuine person, there is probably two or three “crazy” nasty type people and most people will let them win. You have to learn to be your own best friend and realise that sometimes you need to take a step back and take a step out and that is absolutely more than okay.
What feeds your enthusiasm for life?
The goodness in people and the beauty that is in nature. I think that I lost that for a while to be honest. I was so lost and trapped in a whole heap of darkness a few year backs that it was a real struggle to see any goodness. In all honesty, I think it was watching the live feeds on the birth of a baby Ostrich, that brought me back. It’s hard to explain to people.
What’s your most memorable (good or bad) airplane commercial or private flight?
I have not really had a good flight experience, I get all the motion sicknesses so every flight I have to the drugs that make me sleepy so I sleep right throughout. Except for the one time I flew to America, it was over 12 hours and I woke up a few times during the flight. I always have an urge to kiss the ground whenever I fly and we land.
If you were a great explorer, what would you explore?
I would love to explore and try to find the great city of Atlantis, but if that was impossible. I would love to explore Greece, Rome and Egypt. The ancient stories just do something for me.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Reality Check always come out of nowhere and they seem to always change your entire week and remind you of what is really important. I had one of those moments this week.
My dog suddenly became ill, for those who know. When I lost my last dog, she went suddenly too. She had never been sick, other than an upset stomach here and there, she lost some teeth along the way, but basically pretty healthy…Then in one week…She was gone, I had been in denial right up until the night before we had to put her down.
Although my other dog seems to be fine other than she’s had an issue with her “behind”. It’s the first time in a long time I’ve actually been worried. Just reminds you, I had all this stuff I was supposed to do and I have been watching her like a hawk to make sure she stays safe.
Just keeps you in check really =)