- Try on jackets and coats, get rid of ones that I haven’t worn in either years or ever.
I have done this one. It’s amazing how big coats and jackets are! They are not like tshirts and tops where you can fit a few in one bag to get rid of. You can put one or two coats into a bag only. There were a couple I “fit into” just can’t close them up anymore. Which is so sad! Of course they are my favourite coats as well.
- Look into making my own candles and getting my own quotes on jars. (I was initially inspired by this after thinking about putting Magical Monday on a candle jar for myself. Then I thought why not look more into this?)
I have actually found a couple of sites which look great! It’s been completely fascinating and I have been getting even more ideas!
http://www.labelprintingco.com.au/candle-label-printing.html – There is a pop up conservation window, where they’ll ask if you want any help.
- Try to create candles with certain fragrances as well…Try to research into what a “motivating” fragrance might be, for example.
This has been a bit harder just because you can’t really “smell” things over the computer. So when I’ve been going into stores, I’ve been trying to see if I can smell them. I actually found a few soaps and I liked their smells,lol. So I’ll have to see if I can create those smell…Watch this space for more!lol
- Finish up writing the review for “Lord of Shadows”.
I did that too…And you can read it here.
- Look into healthy Winter recipes.
There are a LOT of soup recipes for Winter. Soups and Stews…When I was little, I used to call Stews…Spew,lol…I have discovered lots of different lasagnes and yummy pies too! I can’t wait to make some of them! I might even post them on here…Don’t you feel lucky? =D
As you can see from my previous post (May Goals). I have decided that I am going to start at least researching about how I might be able to do this and start creating a small home business. I decided after initially being inspired by putting “Magic Monday” , which is one of my Blog categories) onto a jar for myself. Why not pursue this further? Using my own quotes and seeing if I can draw any kind of designs to come up with. Maybe place these on cushions and see what happens from there?
I have been able to find one good site so far:
The only problem with this site, is that you can’t inscribe anything on the jars. However, I am sure I can find something that would allow me to do so. I have only just really started, so I have literally just been Googling everything at the moment. I would like some advice or some inspiration. Have any of you done this, or are currently doing something like this at the moment?
Ironically as well, this was my Horoscope for the week (Taurus)
So as you have probably heard by now, this is one of the biggest weeks of –arguably – your life! No kidding. This week sees the planet of revolution and rebellion, Uranus, bursting into your sign like a massive bolt of electricity that leaves every hair on your body standing on end.
So what do you have to look forward to? Well, change, awakenings and liberation, to name three things. It might be a bumpy ride but the shackles are falling away.
My birthday is in April, so I’m hoping to do a lot of fun goals…But I have to do some serious work too!
(Seriously you would not it’s Autumn here at the moment…It’s 96.8 F today! = 36 C)
- Find some low cholesterol recipes…I went to the doctors and my cholesterol is a bit high, so over the next month they want me to lower it. It has been amazing after that and looking at the actual packaging on food, how much sodium there is in everything! I need to sit down and look up/write some recipes.
- I’ve decided that I’m going to have a “slumber pj movie night” for my birthday, it’s going to be held in the first weekend of May.
- For my birthday I am going to look into having a “make your own smoothie” bar, since I can’t really drink. See how I can have movies and games at the same time.
- Maybe…Maybe looking at hiring outdoor furniture for my partners house for my birthday…Maybe…
- Look for a frame that will fit 4 A4 size pictures in…Maybe ask for one for my birthday,lol
- Try Winter jeans/pants on, make sure that they still fit.
- Too finish “Lord of Shadows” and write up a review
Apparently in Australia we have Single Awareness Day held on February the 15th. I’m not exactly sure why it’s called “Awareness”. I am sure that people who are single, are aware of this.
However my post is not to go on about that.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being Single. We have such a cultural thing where we are made to believe that we “have” to be in a relationship. I think I’ve been lucky in that a lot of the women in my family, the biggest influences have been my mother and my Grandmother. Both of them chose to get divorced and have remained single for well over a decade now. This day and age, especially if you don’t have children and even if you do. It can work for you being single.
When I was single I use to go out with other single friends on Valentines Day, and it was great! We’d go to dinners have a couple of drinks and see a movie…Have you ever seen an independent film drunk? BEST THING EVER! They are so serious and you are so drunk
(Not that I’m encouraging alcoholism!)
I used to have this friend who was desperate to be in a relationship and so she’d end up with horrible guys. Valentines Day she would get so depressed if she was single and I never really truly understood why someone would get so down on Valentines Day. Too me Valentines Day is just another Day. It’s not like a Christmas or a Birthday or something along those days. We don’t get a public holiday for it…Anywhere. Apart from coworkers no one is really going to know if you’re single or not, so why is it so important?
Remember get a group of other single friends/family and:
- Get drunk
- Have dinner
- See a film…A fun one…No romantic ones…Even comedies!
- Have a laugh
- Only go out if you actually even want to go out.
- Have a singles movies night inside or in a cinema
I just wanted to say that I have not told anyone else about how I’m feeling right now. Mainly because I’ve never really dealt with this kind of a situation before. I wanted to write this here first to see what you all think.
Uploaded by: ReelinInTheYears66
Published on 21 Feb 2013
I swear this is how I honestly really feel.
I feel a little paranoid, but too me anyways, there is a genuine fear of one of my ex-friends. Her last message to me basically consisted of her accusing me of treating her badly the last couple of years, which isn’t true. I was the only to stand up against her abusive boyfriend. One of the things she said as well though that’s stuck in my mind, in her last message to me. Were her comments that said “Even though I know you don’t wish me the same, I hope you and your family are safe and have a good new year”.
It struck me for a couple of reasons:
- Once again, I am nothing like that. I don’t even wish my abusive ex’s ill-will.
- Second, I had literally just sent her a card, at Christmas, saying I wish her a safe new year.
It’s made me realise how truly delusional she is.
Even though we live in completely different states. She still has family and best friends here (all my ex-friends) and you can get deals under $100 quiet easily to travel by plane very easily between our states. I genuinely fear her and her boyfriend, because of this. I feel paranoid even thinking it, but it’s a true fear and I do want to talk to someone, maybe my Mum and family about it. Just to tell them not to interact with her (if she does contact them…Though I doubt it).
I have seen so many Blogs with journals, all different types! Day to day journals, monthly journals, brain storming journals, bullet journals…I feel like this would be a fantastic idea for myself, but I’m just not sure where to start?
I would love to have a journal where I don’t necessarily write down, detail for detail, of my day. Something more along the lines of writing down ideas, thoughts of the day, but also have a space for brainstorming. I find that a lot of the times, I have an idea, but if I don’t do something then and there, I forgot. It usually will take me a while to remember it, lately I’ve been “texting” myself…to remind myself. The only thing I know is that I would love for it too be monthly as well. So I can look back after the year and see where I’ve come from.
I would love to hear from our resident experts if they have any ideas!
My dream journal would have in it:
- Daily Planner
- Random Quotes/Thoughts
- Via monthly.
I am appreciated all opinions on this matter!
All of last year I wanted to do a Girls Night In, and I have even found a few ideas that I would love to do when the time happens. By night in, I do mean having a bunch of girls come over to my house (or my partners). One thing I would like to know though.
What season is a better time to have a “Girls Night In”…Summer or Winter?
I have a Blog Post coming up that is thanking a lot of people and what they have done for me this year (including you all). The post is kind of I’m not really making resolutions next year. Then I thought that instead of resolutions, I was going to make plans instead. I feel like if I write resolutions, they just wont happen. I don’t know what it is, but for some reason as soon I say or write “resolution”, it just wont happen. It has to be something psychological.
Here are some plans that I have for 2018:
- Make my Blog more “book” orientated.
- Make my Instagram more blog orientated.
- I have bought a 2018 planner/organiser and I’ve already started using
- Get people phone numbers and addresses, I used to have them on my phone. Then one day (I must have had an update) and they were all gone!
- Exercise a lot more.
- Meditate a lot more.
- I want to start travelling again, this last year I haven’t been able to travel. Since I have travel anxiety.
- I want to throw a couple of parties and make one of them themed….Like a fun way of saying thank you to those who have helped me this year.
- I would love to get into streaming, but I am so nervous!
- I am definitely going to start doing more Christmas, people really loved my Christmas cards. They were great because you can make them to match the person’s personal personality or interests.
- Spend less money on clothes! I had one of those years where I bought things only on sale. After time though you realise you are still spending a lot on clothes.
Do you have resolutions or plans?
Hello all and thank you for coming to check out this post all about advice for creating or running your own book blog. I have seen a lot of bloggers successfully approach this subject so I thought I would throw a few of my own tips into the ring. Book blogging is such a rewarding […]
via Things To Consider When Starting A Book Blog #Reviews #Ideas #HaveFun — Always Trust In Books
*I felt like this was too good not to share! (Is that the right way around?) Anyways…I felt it was good to share, especially as we head towards more rapidly a new year. Time for changes, maybe you want to see where else you can take your Blog? Some excellent ideas!*