So I recently read a really great blog post and a great read by The Zombie Shuffle“Are you a Dreamer or a Realist? (go and have a read, great blog posts!)
I thought that it was a really interesting topic because it’s something that I’ve felt like I’ve struggled with a lot during my life. It started to make me think about some changes in my life and how I’ve come through them. I live a lot of my life “behind the veil”, in a way I day dream a lot. Many times while I’ve been day dreaming, I must look so unhappy because everyone tells me to “keep smiling”lol.
It’s an interesting topic because a lot of people assume that because I day dream I must be a “dreamer” or sorts. So I live in a world that’s full of puppies and baby bunny rabbits. This isn’t the case though. Last night for example, I pointed out to someone that saying “I’m not judging…” and then proceeding to judge someone doesn’t make it less of a judgement. Then they swore at me and told me to “shut the $%^%^% up” because I don’t know them. Which was ironic since they made a judgement on a celebrity that they don’t know either. It was one of those situations where you realised that they are in the little bubble and how dare someone disagree with them.
I believe that you can dream, dreaming gives me a safety net when the world gets a little rough and too hard. This might be by watching a movie or tv show where I can completely immersed into, listening to music and having a shower, writing.
Yet at the same time I am extremely aware of my responsibility as a human being on this planet.
I even did a test through Facebook Who is your Greek God parent? Where I got the God Apollo and this was his description“Your father is the god of the sun! You never cease to bring brightness to a dark world. You are wise and enjoy music. Be proud of your joy, but remember to recognize a grave situation when you see one.”
It’s tough being a “Idealist Realist”. You see all the wonder of the world, but feel the sadness of the reality of the world and you just cannot ignore it. It’s a little like having Ying and Yang scenario.
So I was doing a random search and I found this amazing idea. “8 tricks to win my heart” (I must say that I would NEVER post something like this on Facebook) but I think this is a bit of fun =D
- Understand that I am not a china doll. I don’t need romance, I need real and I need a partner by my side. You cannot be by and on my side if you raise me above you or look down on me.
- If you can get my paranoid chihuahua to like you…You’re in,lol..My last ex when he left my house after we talked about breaking up, my chihuahua came and laid down on his foot…She has NEVER done that before, I wanted to beg him to stay after that.
- I am an idealist, but do not mistake that for being a fool. I call myself the most realist idealist you will ever meet. I love the idea of love and everyone being best friends, but I know when to walk away from a bad situation and I will.
- I need actions, not words to prove to me. Please be patient, please be kind…Like I said I am not china doll and I know how to protect myself.
- Nacho Cheese Doritos…Not chocolate…Or get me a unique flower…I am not like the other girls,lol
- I love books…Ever heard of that saying “You know how guys will buy a girl drink, I wish that they would walk into a book-store and buy me a book”…Yeah that’s me, hehe.
- Be HONEST! If I am asking why did you do something, it’s because I want to understand, because I care enough to want to know how your mind works, so that we can work together. I am not asking to attack you, I am asking because I want to know and learn about you more.
- I hate the term “Friendzone” just don’t…If it seems I am rejecting you, just ask me about it.