Christmas! I know, I know! I am that terrible that is reminding people of things they don’t want to think about at the moment.
Now you may be asking yourself…but it’s the 24th today, not the 25th…Has the Library gone crazy? Not all…It is five months from today until Christmas, Christmas Eve…The last day of shopping! Possibly one of the craziest days of the year! All that last minute shopping…Those last “spare presents” for people who buy you something, but you have nothing for them!
Why am I bringing this up now?
Let’s talk about handy hints, so it’s not as crazy around Christmas time and you can actually relax a bit more around the holiday times. You have to start early! I am going to list some suggestions that I do that helps with Christmas times.
- Usually I started putting something away each fortnight at the beginning of June. It can be 10 dollars or even up too 50 dollars.
- Then around August I start getting little bits and pieces.
- For my mum, dad, brother and anyone that I’m dating I’ll buy three presents. Two can be little fun things, that are not too expensive. The third one is a bit more expensive and is something they have actually asked for.
- I also have to take into account that, on one side of my family we do a “Secret Santa” thing and the most we’re supposed to spend is $50.00
- You can get some great deals after Christmas (not all things have to happen before). Wrapping paper, cards…trees, are usually cheaper after the holidays. That way you are prepared for the next year as well. I usually buy another roll of wrapping paper after Christmas. Even if I haven’t run out that year.
Today is really the only day that I can just sit down and just wrap all of my gifts today and I am not a great gift wrapper (my Aunty is amazing, she should do it for a job!). So I thought for us that lack in this skill, I would share this video I found…It’s actually been really useful!
Uploaded by: Natalie’s Creations
As the heading says TGIF! I have been oooing and arring all week whether or not I really want to be the Australian that throws the Halloween party…I’ve decided…I do! I do indeed! I haven’t “sent out the invitation” (ie send invites on Facebook yet).
Whenever I’ve been over to America though, I have pretty much made sure that I head over at the two most important times of the Halloween and Thanksgiving…mmm…chocolate pie! So I’ve been looking up ideas before I’ve told anyone about it. So here a couple of ideas that I’ve found (and that might be helpful for you too!):
15 Tricks To Throwing A Killer Party On The Cheap
I found the above link through a Facebook page called “The Tipsy Bartender” They have amazing ideas for drinks and so forth. The title does speak for itself though, they have some really good ideas to throw a party on the cheap. Which are good ideas if you are just looking to do a “party”, you know, just have some friends around and get some drinking and games on.
What are some of your party ideas? Do you panic (like me) or are you a nice and chilled party host?
It amazes and saddens me to constantly read in the news and on the television another life wasted after meeting up with someone through a “dating” site. It’s a serious issue as more and more people take the the web to find their future “somebodies”.
Unfortunately not everyone is on these dating sites to find a future somebody. Speaking from some of the experiences I’ve been told a lot of stories of people who use genuine dating site as a hook up, instead of the sites created to be a hook up site.
So a couple of tips from someone who has actually found her possible future someone online and has also had some interesting stories that she could share with you!
- Do not go to anybodies house, meet out in a public place and in mutual territory…Especially on the first date!
- Meet up somewhere where you can get out of a uncomfortable situation, quickly.
- On the first few dates let someone you know well and trust, where and when you are going on this date.
- Make sure you have a way to get home. Do not let them take you home, no matter how earnestly they offer.
- If someone automatically wants to meet up at their house on the second date, chances are they are only in it for one reason. Be honest, let them know it makes you feel uncomfortable and if they don’t offer another public place, or just quit speaking with you. They were clearly in it for one reason.
- If you feel uncomfortable in any situation, whether you are on a date or just chatting online with them, listen to your gut and stop the situation.
- As I mentioned before don’t be surprised if someone is using a genuine dating site, rather than a hookup site, to, infact, hook up.
Can you think of any other tips you would give to someone using an online dating site for the first time? Especially advice and hints to keep themselves safe?