So this is more of a tongue-in-cheek of a random thought I had while talking to a few friends about books that have impacted us for life.
10 reasons why a good book can be like a relationship:
- Books can rip at your heart and the impact stays with you for life.
- A good book can inspire and make your life a better place for life.
- You can fall in love with a character that then breaks your heart.
- A good book can make you sit for hours and just dwell on the issues.
- A good book will still make you feel something the next day.
- Sometimes you do judge the book by it’s cover and then can be completely surprised by the “reality”.
- Sometimes a character can just say what you’ve been needing to hear.
- A good book always seems to come along when you’re not expecting it.
- A new genre can be exciting and take you places you never dreamed of going, and opening doors you never thought of opening before.
- Books can give you some good ‘satisfaction’ *insert winky face here*
When I was young and I was going through a particular rough break up, I didn’t just develop a “wall” to keep other out. I developed a:
Moat (with alligators in it of course)
If I could have just one wish, I would wish to fix my broken heart.
I think that for the first time in a really long time I finally admitted to how hurt I am, how broken my heart is.
I wish that you hadn’t sent me that text…Why! Why did you send me that text…You didn’t even mean it, you just felt guilty…You should!
I wish that you had any clue at all at what you’ve done.
I wish to forgive and I wish to forget.
I wish I had never met you.
I wish that I didn’t hate you.
I wish that I didn’t love you.
I wish that you hadn’t made me feel so worthless.
I could really use a wish right now.
Published on 27 Mar 2014
The new single ‘Wait On Me’ out November 9th in the UK. Preorder here http://rix.tn/RwomYd
How those words rip through me like a bullet travelling through the very middle of my heart and exploding through my ribs, with a powerful so forceful feeling that it breaks through my ribs like steel smashing through a thin pane of glass…
How can you just stay “friends” with someone you thought was “The One” for you? If I am so “important” to you how can you find it so easy to lose me so willingly? How could you risk that, because I can’t see any other way out of this?
Heart break is an unfortunate “Fact” of life…
Uploaded on 26 Jun 2009
Music video by Cascada performing What Hurts The Most. (C) 2007 AATW