So I had two pieces of really most excellent news…Oh yeah, I went there…I said “excellent”…Well one is “news” that I received and the other is something I cannot believe that I’ve forgotten to mention!
The first piece of good news is, there is a society in Australia called “Guide Dogs Australia” which to be honest I thought they only helped raised dogs for the blind. I sponsor one of their dogs from the Guide Dogs and you get updates, quarterly during the year. I received my most recent update and my dog is going to be a Autism Assistance dog (which I am extremely proud of). I have a lot of people in my life whose children suffer from Autism, so this was something that I was excited to share with them.
The other piece of news (that I cannot believe I forgot to share) is that my cousin is on Australia’s “Great Australian Bake Off”. I am so proud of him! It’s quiet funny really, the ladies in my family we’re not huge cookers, but all the guys are so creative and good at cooking. It is really funny watching a family member on television and not being able to breathe when something goes wrong for them. They’ve only had two shows so far, but he is still on there! =D
Here are your questions for this week
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
I donate to a few, but the one that I love donating too is our Guide Dogs. I have a special soft spot to animals just in general, generally because they are way kinder than humans and they cannot speak to us, so we have to listen to them even harder. Animals can bring comfort and a special kind of friendship to those who are blind.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
Oh this is an interesting, there are two colours that I feel most comfortable wearing. When I went to look nice but remain comfortable and more “inconspicuous” I like to wear Blue. When I want to stand out though, I love wearing Red. I have had many people say that “Red” is my colour.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know) Good Question! (Took me a while to think of some answers)
- My Great Grandfather, not only do I miss him SO much, but he had such an interesting mind! Very ahead of his time.
- Gene Kelly (just LOVE him).
- Oprah…I think she’s interviewed and covered the most interesting topics and people, she’s had an very interesting life. I believe she’s got a very interesting and open mind.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
- Queensland, beautiful people and beautiful place…Always semi-warm too!
- Arizona and the UK (I’ve put these two together because I’ve family and friends in both these places).
- Our local Zoo … I know that Zoo’s keep getting a bad rap lately, but the really good Zoo’s (like my local one) are great educational and awareness tools!
- I love going to the beach when it’s nice and cool, not to hot and not too windy either!
- Then there’s my “secret place” it’s a couple of hours drive and when I go there I tend to stay the entire weekend.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?