- Find some low cholesterol recipes…I went to the doctors and my cholesterol is a bit high, so over the next month they want me to lower it. It has been amazing after that and looking at the actual packaging on food, how much sodium there is in everything! I need to sit down and look up/write some recipes.
I did manage to lower my cholesterol. Unfortunately, it wasn’t really enough. After some talking with my Doctor and realising half my family suffer from high cholesterol. I’ve been put on these tablets that are supposed to help lower it. I just have to keep up with healthy eating.
- I’ve decided that I’m going to have a “slumber pj movie night” for my birthday, it’s going to be held in the first weekend of May.
I did this too! I had such a good time and all without drinking either! I still felt really bad the next morning. After eating well for a month, eating a whole bunch of bad food in one night…Probably not my smartest plan! I learnt a lot about one of my favourite musicals as well “Phantom of the Opera”
- For my birthday I am going to look into having a “make your own smoothie” bar, since I can’t really drink. See how I can have movies and games at the same time.
I did this as well and I bought a whole bunch of almond milk and different fruits. Then the people who were all interested in having the smoothies, didn’t even end up coming! I ended up having over the next few days, otherwise, what a waste of fruit! They were really good, but I think smoothies are better for Summer time, not cold weather.
- Maybe…Maybe looking at hiring outdoor furniture for my partners house for my birthday…Maybe…
We didn’t really do this one. However, my partner liked my idea of bean bags and he ended up buying two and now he wont get out of them!lol
- Look for a frame that will fit 4 A4 size pictures in…Maybe ask for one for my birthday,lol
Although I did not find a frame. I have come up with a plan. I’ve got a black sheet of paper, and I am going to get people to write on it over time. Then when I put the pictures in the frame, I will use the black sheet of paper behind the pictures. In years time, if I take the pictures out, I’ve got all these lovely messages and quotes.
- Try Winter jeans/pants on, make sure that they still fit.
I have been doing that and I have been finding that they are fitting. Since though the last month or so, I have been lowering my cholesterol. Since then I’ve lost weight and now all the jeans are just that little bit baggy on me…You can never win!lol
Nearly there with this one…It will definitely be up by next week!
I really should have started my health goals at the end of September…But when your father have a major heart attack…It sort of makes you kick into gear!
My goals were:
- Three pieces of fresh fruit a week
As well as with water I found this one shocking with how little fruit I was eating. I usually have some kind of salad at dinner, unless it spaghetti bolognese or something like that. Also like water though this was easy to do as well, instead of snacking on biscuits or chips when I’d get home, I’d have a piece of fruit instead. I just had to make sure that there was always some kind of fruit in the house. There were times when we didn’t have any fruit in the house, so I’d have to wait till the next day to go food shopping.
- Once a week I will make a meal from scratch
Yeah, I knew this one was going to be a lot more difficult to do. This one never happened, but I am determined to make it so for the next month. Once a week…How difficult can that be? Right?
- Three times a walk a 15 minute walk, at least. One at my partners house and two at my house.
This one has been a lot easier to do, the weather is becoming a lot more nicer here.
So this one I didn’t end up doing. I’ve been doing extra walking, but I do want to start doing this one as well. Especially as this time of year, all that good food that’s coming out.
- Drink one cup of water a day.
I shocked myself recently when I realised how little water I was actually drinking. The health benefits of drinking water are out of this world! This goal ended up being the easiest out of the lot and I thought it was going to be the hardest! I literally would get home from work and just have a glass. Those days I didn’t work, I end up having water before I drunk my coffee or tea, usually it would be before my second cup of the day. I was finding that once you were in the kitchen, preparing anything really, it was just so simple to fill a glass up. The biggest difference between the easiness of this one versus the fruit, water is pretty well everywhere. You don’t really have to “stock up” on it.
Share Your World Jan 17…Week 4
*Usually I post this on a Thursday afternoon. I’ve just had so many ideas for post this week, it’s kind of just gotten to Friday instead. All should return to normal next week*
Do you prefer juice or fruit?
Oh wow, this is a good one because I really do love both of them. Especially since it’s Summer here at the moment and during Summer I hate drinking hot drinks and love drinking cold drinks like Juices. I’d probably have to go with fruit though because I can have fruit whenever and there are some pieces of fruit I have all year round. Whereas with Juice, I tend to have to be in the mood to drink it.
Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?
I grew up in a small town and kind of still down. The capital city that I live in Australia is probably the smallest of the Capital Cities in Australia. Even when I went to Melbourne…Melbourne…I managed to STILL bump into someone from South Australia and not just that…We WORK in the same building!
If you were to paint a picture of your childhood, what colors would you use?
I think it was would be very magically relaxed. So probably lot of soft colours, probably lavenders, sky blues…Just think of Fairy and Unicorn colours, but nothing harsh.
Ways to Relax List: Make a list of what relaxes you and helps you feel calm.
- Listening to Celtic music…I just go somewhere with it.
- I love to colour in, it just helps me focus.
- A nice long shower, especially if the temperature is right!
- The Sims 4…It both helps me relax, but it can also stir me up.
- I love to dress up in costumes and wigs I have around the house, it’s just fun. I never post the pictures, but I do take a lot of them,lol
Share Your World – 2016 Week 9
Have you done something you truly want to do today?
Kind of…I’m sort of charge of organising a girls weekend this weekend (By sort-of I mean, I’m organising it all, even though there are two other people in charge). So I am organising and booking in where were eating and everything. I have been wanting to have a girls night for a really long time…Except everyone’s been annoying me,lol.
What can you help the world with?
I think sometimes just lending an ear can really help someone’s day. Even at work we have a lot of age range and backgrounds who have so many different stories to tell us.
If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’… which fruit other than a cherry would you be..?
Oh I love these questions, I think that I would honestly be a granny smith apple (they’re the green apples). I think I would be a granny smith apple because granny apples taste very sour to people who don’t like them, even though they’re just being who they were born to be. People who like granny smith apples REALLY love them, while they’re being who they were born to be.
Quotes List: At least three of your favorite quotes?
- “To thine ownself be true” William Shakespeare…Probably my favourite of all time!
- “Never make fun of what someone is passionate about … It might be the only thing that gets them up on the morning” … I feel like I heard someone else it, but I can’t find who said…Maybe it was just me.
- We’re all stories in the end…Just make it a good one, hey?” My favourite Doctor =D
Share Your World – 2015 Week #29
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was little, I still love to dance, but I love Latin dancing more than Ballet these days. I think it was more about being on stage and getting to dress up.
What was your favorite food as a child? Do you eat it now?
I was always a weird one, I actually used to really enjoy my vegetables and I LOVED my banana’s. I swear that I eat worse now than when I was a kid.
If you were invisible, where would you go?
I think honestly I would go to the beach and just there for a bit and just enjoy the view (apart from the fact that it’s the middle of Winter here right now) Sounds like a great plan!
Would you rather forget everyone else’s name all the time or have have everyone for your name all the time?
I would rather have other people forget my name all the time, I would be horrified to forget other peoples name! I AM horrified when I forget people’s names,lol